Western Sydney University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Western Sydney University Employee Reviews

4.3Work–Life Balance

A collaborative and supportive workplace

A very collaborative and supportive work environment that is conducive to professional growth and learning. Flexible hours and an empathetic stance towards individual predicaments renders this institution one of the most employee-centred places to work in.

Horrible place to work

Poorly managed and poor working environment. Avoid working at this “university” at all cost. Not a genuine place to be (or even study!). If you do go ahead with a job here, expect to be overworked with little appreciation. I’m speaking about the Law School in particular.

Cons

Long hours, poor management, everything really

Productive and fun job

Allowed me to have an insight into how determined people can be regardless of difficulties they may be facing in their everyday lives. Was a positive experience and hope I helped

Pros

Good hourly rates

Cons

Not enough shifts

racist

The university does not provide opportunity to the international students of temporary visa people and always hire on the basis of reference given by one of the staff

Productive and Fun

Western Sydney provides opportunity throughout your employment to experience different fields. The professional development is second to none and totally recommend taking advantage of it. The culture is a fun and exciting with a true professional focus on there long/ short term values and views. With all that said the only downside is that I work in a department that had the most cohesive team ethic but management has been unsympathetic and self-absorb with is there self advancement which may cause unease at the best of times.

I really enjoy working here because I feel welcomed here. Everyday is like new adventure and what makes my work more enjoyable are the people I work with. They are very nice and supportive.

Supportive environment

Supportive environment with great people, opportunities for training, growth and progress with lots of different roles possible. Highly recommend WSU as an employer

Pros

Positive work environment

Cons

you have to pay for parking on campus

Good employer

Have good experience overall. I like the diversity, inclusion, and campus environment. I enjoyed helping many students with their essay writing questions.

A workplace

Learned a lot and enjoyed a workplace with so many opportunities both in house and externally. It is a shame the job security is so poor because it is a fantastic place to be.

There is very little support/opportunity for staff to advance ..

Not a very pleasant culture to work in, bullying is rife, too many restructures and the loss of experienced staff to inexperienced people and that's the good points !

Very good place to research

There are many research facilities and many good scientists, so it is the best place to research. Particularly climate change in agricultural and forest.

A ground for collaborative and informative resrearch

Excellent professors, competitive and hardworking researchers, relaxed and peaceful environment, good work ethics and workplace culture, advance laboratory equipment and tools

Students are shy to participate

Students are not quite discipline Student are weak in knowledge No respect for time I felt that student rely on group and team working and repeating answers .

Great workplace environment for a teaching experience

- Great time teaching, not as much fun administratively. - Often difficult to plan your hours from semester to semester - Many different campuses always going the opposite way of rush-hour traffic

Productive and Fun work place

Productive and Fun work place. I was lucky to be surrounded by all wonderful and amazing colleagues. There were quite senior colleagues but they never let me feel I am new. They were very helpful,motivating and patient while training me. They always maintained a positive energy at work. Loved working there and miss everyone now.

An excellent place to make a difference to students in the West!

Continuous improvement of services. Business case, SLA, Incident management, problem management, change management, project management, change management and knowledge management. Helping people improve their processes and ICT systems in line with the organization strategy.. The hard part was being handed sub standard solutions and fixing it operationally. My key learning were a growth in end to end service management and vendor management in a large scale organization.

Fun

Best place I've ever worked. Everyone is fun and friendly and the work itself is really rewarding. If you enjoy working with kids and meeting new people this is the perfect job.

Friendly workplace

Great team work friendly staff and management to work with Busy workplace. Flexible hours face paced food industry. Very busy constant all the time. Interacting with staff management and especially with students. Plenty of holiday time if suits you.

Prefered

A young but driving University aiming for fast growth. Very collaborative people. The landscape is healthy, physical and mentally. In Sydneys growth area. Great future.

Mulit cultural

Once you step into the university or the admins office, the university is so multi cultured, not only the students, even the staff, everyone is so helpfull, even though it was my 1st poistion in australia, i was lucky to meet and work with such beautifull people.

Opportunity to innovate

The university supported new ideas in teaching. Workplace culture was diversified and hence I found it to be great. Good connect with management. Teaching was always in the evenings after work and hence a bit tiresome at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Sydney University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

• Western Sydney University
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?