Western Union
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Western Union Employee Reviews

Australia16 reviews
Good team work environment , manager is supportive, everyday we have 5 min catch up for all team member to discuss the different case and share the solutions.
Pros
daily team catch up is a good culture
Cons
paid a bit low than market level
6 March 2020
Thank you for leaving a review! We agree that a good team environment, especially with a supportive manager, is always a pro and we do our best to ensure all teams are working together and supporting each other as part of the WU Way. We understand that compensation can be a concern for many and so we do our best to reward and motivate our employees. We will definitely share your feedback to the appropriate teams.
Management team is very helpful and willing to provide all the help that you need. They encourage working together as a team and always give you constructive criticisms.
28 January 2020
We're so glad to hear that you have had a very positive experience with management. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for leaving a review, and we hope you'll continue to enjoy your journey at WU.
Management team are great, exciting developments. Good place for ambitious driven people. Always felt part of the Global Organisation. The geographical spread does mean that on occasion there may be a need for out of office web conferences. u
28 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are excited to hear that you've had a positive experience with management. We take pride in our company culture and want to provide a good company culture across the globe.
Western Union is a company filled with wonderful people and at the time of my employment, there was very much what I would describe as an entrepreneurial environment.
25 February 2019
We are so pleased to hear this! Thank you for sharing what it's like to work on our team in Sydney, Australia. #WOOTWU
New place to learn good things. The job of my field of interest. I have a very good team to work together and very supportive team leader. Love to be a part of such organization.
Flexible work, great management , very dynamic, no racial and no discrimination.
Great work life balance experience,

best work culture

work life balance

global working experience on different time zone
I love working here, I have a great boss and manager. i have worked in this particular store for 3 years great perks, I love the feeling of helping give someone.
Management was awesome in terms of the support, the training and the work ethics shown and displayed towards us. Each day was different depending on the work load and what needed to get done based on time frame. As an FX settlement officer you learnt that not all payments needed to have a swift code or that you could send a payment RTGS where a client or customer would receive there funds within 30mins. The culture in the work place was diverse, which made the work environment respectful, The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help other team members work towards a common goal at the end of the day.
Pros
Bonus work points and free lunches once a month
Cons
long hours and working through lunch breaks
Extrovertido y muy serio. Y se conoce gente se gana bien y es un nuevo trabajo super bueno
Pros
Seguro médico comisiones
The people and work culture is great.The management is good with friendly work environment.Lot of growth opportunities within the organisation .Flexible work place.
The people are fantastic to work with, however the management team have become very Corporate. This includes not having clear communication between staff and management.
Pros
Great individual team members
Cons
Expectation not realistic
Working at Western Union gave me the opportunity to develop my skills in a very challenging, deadline-orientated environment. I felt through using different systems and communication with people in various departments, I have enhanced my professionalism and efficiency within financial services.
I was fortunate enough to be integrated into a team that was extremely close, aligned and focussed. We worked hard, we played hard, we celebrated wins, worked together through difficult times of business and through organisational changes. We looked out for each other and ensured support was given to all members of the team to add value and continued success of the business in the Indochina and Oceania region.
Western Union provided me with an invaluable opportunity to develop my skill set, offered professional and personal growth and provided me with exposure to such a diverse, multi cultural group of high performing professionals from all walks of life and instilled a great company culture & respectful values resulting in one of the most significant times of my working career. I will be eternally grateful for the mentoring, coaching and encouragement I received during my tenure and feel extremely fortunate to have been associated to such a unique and highly successful team.
Pros
Team Collaboration, Learning & Development, Business Practice Exposure, Company Values, Partnership, Inclusion
Cons
Often long hours at critical times of business, lack on man power & resources, remote location from head office
The previous companies I worked in were always fast paced environments with the clients and customers requirement changing very quickly.I am a person who accepted all the challenges and adapted to the instant changes and made sure the best service was provided to the clients.

Each day at work was a learning experience so there was a excitement to always expand your knowledge .
Pros
Team bonding, very supportive
Cons
opportunities for training was not provided
Being exposed to many functions of WUBS as well as working and interacting with the various functions. This has allowed me to learn more about the business, interacting with more people and learning more about how each function works.
Everyday start with balancing with financial statements,filling up reports, then managing the currency stocks and ordering currencies for our branch. Training new staff, dealing with customers face to face. Provide best customer service, team work, tallying cash statements during the day, balancing cash. At the end of the balancing financial statements and creating reports.
Pros
Friday free lunch
Cons
Uneven shifts