Westfarmers Industrial & Safety
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Westfarmers Industrial & Safety Employee Reviews

Australia34 reviews
good place to work good people very accommodating and friendly
very safety orientated and proactive in all aspects plenty of training
You will be on a salary pay and there is no overtime pay. There is no set rule on which time you start or finish but they do expect you to be at the office during operation hour.

There is some work life balance but when your on a project you can forget about. you could be doing over 60 hour and they will not pay you and some time they forget that you are doing this type of hour. A lot of people have come and gone so be sure if you want to work here.
Satisfying job if you enjoy processing orders and short days. Workplace culture is toxic though, cliques are strong. Appears inclusive and some managers are trying to turn it around but there are some who have been there forever and "this is the way we have always done it," although that might include bullying!
Constant changes occur within management that result in poor execution of overall business strategy. The culture was good however the poor salary dampened it.
Fantastic place to work, wonderful people to work with, wages are very below par as to what they are asking you to do for them. There is a well facilitated Gym on site, the cafeteria serves a hot meal each day.
Cons
long hours- little $$
Greencap is a fantastic company to be employed with. The hardest part of the job was making headway with unions. The most enjoyable part of the job was confirming that contaminated areas are free of any hazardous materials and safe for contractors to start there works.
Always lots of work to do. The training was always available. I learnt a lot about workplace health and safety and code of conduct. These were stressed a lot throughout toolbox talks and safe work procedures. Management was very segregated from the main on then floor staff. Workplace culture was very ethnic so as I said before code of conduct was upmost. Hardest part of the job would have to be in some of the training as I felt it was not thorough. You would get a little bit of training with some things and you were left on you own to work out. The most enjoyable part would have to be the work it's self. I loved the diversity of working in different areas and learning new things with the support of people who knew what they were doing. The pay was good.
Pros
Ice blocks when it was really hot and RDO's.
Cons
Really hot to work in in summer.
Alot of support from Management. Flexibility with working hours. Friendly staff and great Management Team. Ability to work with other Employers under one umbrella without loosing terms of sevice.
Pros
Public transport
Enjoyed working with Coregas. I excel in setting up distribution networks for major clients and maintain the existing. Inter departmental relationships and team building. Lot of projects to work at. Fun activities, seminars, Bar-be-que all there. Accountability besides excellent work environment.
Pros
A lot
Cons
Not much
Great mentors would always help.
good work culture that inculcates team work and friendly team leaders.

has agreat outlook to making the best of the employee in productivity.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
nothing i can think off.
.Started worked with a ten min toolbox talk.just to see if there was any issues in the warehouse.Good staff and nice place to work .Great staff room .and very good C.E.O.
A typical day was tidying the work area then picking orders and placing into totes on an assembly line.

I learned about what products Blackwoods stock and that most people don't care about recycling their rubbish.

The management was friendly but not communicative enough, especially at the time I wasn't needed anymore.

The workplace culture was casual and mostly respectful.

The hardest part of the job was initially finding products that weren't where you expected them to be and using unreliable scanners.
Pros
Overtime available on Saturdays, working a shift from 7am to 3:06pm, regular exercise including group stretching exercises before starting work, convenient distance from my home, staff discounts, casual clothing worn, modern environmentally efficient and modern facilities, well organised product shelving, helpful colleagues, time went fast..
Cons
Too much plastic wastage and recyclabe rubbish contamination caused by irresponsible employees, dusty shelves and floors, unreliable scanners, boss who lacked courteous communication skills, I couldn't get long term work there.
It was years ago when I worked for this company. My job involved serving customers over the counter selling a variety of mining supplies equipment such as Power tools, Nuts and Bolts, Tool boxes and cleaning products etc...

My job also involved phone sales.

I found my work colleagues to be friendly and the work environment to be friendly also.
Working at Workwear Group was one of the best moments of my life. Working hands on with the store team on a daily warehousing actiities that includes the dispatching; handling and receiving of orders; coaching staff and effective operation of a busy distribution centre.
I have grown and learned to be the best working person I've ever be. I have learned to demonstrate in maintaining quality, meeting required productivity, on time delivery to customers and developing the team.

The management have given me the opportunity to build my own working system to address the demands of the job and to reach my targets and goals for the day.

Workwear workplace culture is very open and very results oriented.

It has a positive and relaxed work environment that still meets high demands and hard deadlines.

Tha hardest part of the job is also the most attractive part. To deal with the challenging demand of the despatching team with accurate time management was satisfying and ineteresting.
Pros
Free Tea and Coffee
Cons
Demanding but satisfying.
A good place to work, with help at all levels. A very big company and a little slow on the uptake of new ways. All well set out work places around the country.
Pros
Good Job
Cons
A bit slow
The overall business was going through a lot of restructuring which had a flow in effect to general business. This made it difficult to achieve some objectives as standards were continually changed and not made clear.
Apart from the above the staff were great and very friendly. Support from line management was always there but they were also willing to challenge you to ensure optimum end results.

A lot of career progression opportunities.

Would return to Workwear Group if an opportunity came up.
Daily duties included being multi skilled and being put where ever the company needed me to be in the warehouse as a store person. I volunteered as a Safety officer to which I trained team leaders in toolbox talks, warehouse inspections and was Chairperson of the safety committee. I looked after the Export dept of the warehouse.
Pros
regular work hours
Cons
Low salary
Personally and professionally developed myself in the work environment. Great and supportive team to work with. Enjoyed my role as the Financial Reporting Accountant.
lt was a great company to work for always willing to help you better yourself and give you every opportunity to advance within the warehouse plus the workers were really lovely people to work with, most of the workers were a great bunch to work with to the point it feel like one big family and the management were always willing to llisten and help you if you needed support in any way, sometimes the hours were long and the need to do overtime but on those occasions the company would put on a BBQ to say thanks so overall it was a great place to work for
Pros
Cake Days, Regular BBQ, uniforms provided
Cons
I moved on myself but now realise what a great mistake it was. they had a great team both fellow team members and management. great hours 9 - 530 and they also have a small a/noon shift.
Good company to work for even in tough times.

Needed to recognise and customise business to the needs of the region.

Regional Branches needed more support with a recognition that stock needed to be held in the branch to reduce the workload on the stores staff.

Corporate spending could be reduced.

Needs to move faster with technology and keep up to date with modern sales techniques.
Pros
Good Training, Well structured, Supported by Vendors, Well established with sales options
Cons
Staff cutbacks, unable to recognise branch requirements