Westfarmers Industrial & Safety Employee Reviews

What a mess!
Customer Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Canning Vale WA12 June 2019
Run of the mill customer service role in terms of employments standards. Work environment is heavily dependant upon who you report to but in general if you are on the bottom rung, you could easily coast along and be happy. The range of different shifts can be beneficial for some and pay is decent.

Every other aspect of the business is a major let down. Some of the management at branch level are toxic and sadly they are the ones who seem to matter. The further up the chain you go the more out of touch they seem to be. Career progression may prove difficult due to management offering jobs to those they want in the role rather than those that deserve or would be good at the role.

It's actually hard to describe just how bad this place is but If you can push past all that and have no desire to progress or are happy to "get in bed" with management then you should be fine.
Pros
Employment conditions at bottom are generally ok.
Cons
Some toxic people in senior positions that are really bad for all aspects of the business.
Excellent place to work, has a gym & cafeteria
Customer Service Major Mining (Former Employee) –  Canning Vale WA23 March 2019
Fantastic place to work, wonderful people to work with, wages are very below par as to what they are asking you to do for them. There is a well facilitated Gym on site, the cafeteria serves a hot meal each day.
Cons
long hours- little $$
Fun, great company.
Hygienist - Hazardous Materials (Former Employee) –  Australia12 March 2019
Greencap is a fantastic company to be employed with. The hardest part of the job was making headway with unions. The most enjoyable part of the job was confirming that contaminated areas are free of any hazardous materials and safe for contractors to start there works.
Typical large company. You are just a number.
Store Person (Former Employee) –  Eagle Farm QLD19 February 2019
Always lots of work to do. The training was always available. I learnt a lot about workplace health and safety and code of conduct. These were stressed a lot throughout toolbox talks and safe work procedures. Management was very segregated from the main on then floor staff. Workplace culture was very ethnic so as I said before code of conduct was upmost. Hardest part of the job would have to be in some of the training as I felt it was not thorough. You would get a little bit of training with some things and you were left on you own to work out. The most enjoyable part would have to be the work it's self. I loved the diversity of working in different areas and learning new things with the support of people who knew what they were doing. The pay was good.
Pros
Ice blocks when it was really hot and RDO's.
Cons
Really hot to work in in summer.
Management great. Environment as well.
Customer Accounts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Yennora NSW30 November 2018
Alot of support from Management. Flexibility with working hours. Friendly staff and great Management Team. Ability to work with other Employers under one umbrella without loosing terms of sevice.
Pros
Public transport
NATIONAL LOGISTICS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fairfield NSW13 November 2018
Enjoyed working with Coregas. I excel in setting up distribution networks for major clients and maintain the existing. Inter departmental relationships and team building. Lot of projects to work at. Fun activities, seminars, Bar-be-que all there. Accountability besides excellent work environment.
Pros
A lot
Cons
Not much
Productive place with Pool tables
Store person (Former Employee) –  Perth WA11 July 2018
Great mentors would always help.
good work culture that inculcates team work and friendly team leaders.
has agreat outlook to making the best of the employee in productivity.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
nothing i can think off.
I learned a lot at backwoods.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Smithfield NSW22 June 2018
.Started worked with a ten min toolbox talk.just to see if there was any issues in the warehouse.Good staff and nice place to work .Great staff room .and very good C.E.O.
Well organised and good, active job
PICK AND PACKER (Former Employee) –  South Australia16 April 2018
A typical day was tidying the work area then picking orders and placing into totes on an assembly line.

I learned about what products Blackwoods stock and that most people don't care about recycling their rubbish.

The management was friendly but not communicative enough, especially at the time I wasn't needed anymore.

The workplace culture was casual and mostly respectful.

The hardest part of the job was initially finding products that weren't where you expected them to be and using unreliable scanners.
Pros
Overtime available on Saturdays, working a shift from 7am to 3:06pm, regular exercise including group stretching exercises before starting work, convenient distance from my home, staff discounts, casual clothing worn, modern environmentally efficient and modern facilities, well organised product shelving, helpful colleagues, time went fast..
Cons
Too much plastic wastage and recyclabe rubbish contamination caused by irresponsible employees, dusty shelves and floors, unreliable scanners, boss who lacked courteous communication skills, I couldn't get long term work there.
very good workplace
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kalgoorlie WA23 February 2018
It was years ago when I worked for this company. My job involved serving customers over the counter selling a variety of mining supplies equipment such as Power tools, Nuts and Bolts, Tool boxes and cleaning products etc...

My job also involved phone sales.

I found my work colleagues to be friendly and the work environment to be friendly also.
Good and friendly working environment.
Despatch Supervisor / Stores Person (Former Employee) –  Eagle Farm QLD23 January 2018
Working at Workwear Group was one of the best moments of my life. Working hands on with the store team on a daily warehousing actiities that includes the dispatching; handling and receiving of orders; coaching staff and effective operation of a busy distribution centre.
I have grown and learned to be the best working person I've ever be. I have learned to demonstrate in maintaining quality, meeting required productivity, on time delivery to customers and developing the team.
The management have given me the opportunity to build my own working system to address the demands of the job and to reach my targets and goals for the day.
Workwear workplace culture is very open and very results oriented.
It has a positive and relaxed work environment that still meets high demands and hard deadlines.
Tha hardest part of the job is also the most attractive part. To deal with the challenging demand of the despatching team with accurate time management was satisfying and ineteresting.
Pros
Free Tea and Coffee
Cons
Demanding but satisfying.
Very Good Employer
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD14 November 2017
A good place to work, with help at all levels. A very big company and a little slow on the uptake of new ways. All well set out work places around the country.
Pros
Good Job
Cons
A bit slow
Challenging business but great teams and customers
Account Manager - Majors (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, Queensland, Australia20 October 2017
The overall business was going through a lot of restructuring which had a flow in effect to general business. This made it difficult to achieve some objectives as standards were continually changed and not made clear.
Apart from the above the staff were great and very friendly. Support from line management was always there but they were also willing to challenge you to ensure optimum end results.
A lot of career progression opportunities.
Would return to Workwear Group if an opportunity came up.
Warehouse/safety officer
Workplace Health and safety officer (Former Employee) –  Carole Park QLD26 September 2017
Daily duties included being multi skilled and being put where ever the company needed me to be in the warehouse as a store person. I volunteered as a Safety officer to which I trained team leaders in toolbox talks, warehouse inspections and was Chairperson of the safety committee. I looked after the Export dept of the warehouse.
Pros
regular work hours
Cons
Low salary
Great company to work with.
Financial Reporting Accountant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 August 2017
Personally and professionally developed myself in the work environment. Great and supportive team to work with. Enjoyed my role as the Financial Reporting Accountant.
Productive and fun place to work for plus TV in lunch room
Store person /Picker Packer / Embroidery Machinist (Former Employee) –  Eagle Farm QLD12 July 2017
lt was a great company to work for always willing to help you better yourself and give you every opportunity to advance within the warehouse plus the workers were really lovely people to work with, most of the workers were a great bunch to work with to the point it feel like one big family and the management were always willing to llisten and help you if you needed support in any way, sometimes the hours were long and the need to do overtime but on those occasions the company would put on a BBQ to say thanks so overall it was a great place to work for
Pros
Cake Days, Regular BBQ, uniforms provided
great enviroment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Scoresby VIC7 June 2017
I moved on myself but now realise what a great mistake it was. they had a great team both fellow team members and management. great hours 9 - 530 and they also have a small a/noon shift.
Good level of Training provided with good independent trainers
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalgoorlie WA 643024 April 2017
Good company to work for even in tough times.

Needed to recognise and customise business to the needs of the region.

Regional Branches needed more support with a recognition that stock needed to be held in the branch to reduce the workload on the stores staff.

Corporate spending could be reduced.

Needs to move faster with technology and keep up to date with modern sales techniques.
Pros
Good Training, Well structured, Supported by Vendors, Well established with sales options
Cons
Staff cutbacks, unable to recognise branch requirements
Store Person (Former Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD23 February 2017
My job was mainly focused on warehousing duties such as Receiving, Picking and Packing with speed and accuracy.
No complaints.
good place to work
Store person (Former Employee) –  Perth WA1 December 2016
Fantastic place to work , co workers function well together. great opportunities for career advancement as well as being a stable work environment. great hours for work/life balance