Westfarmers Industrial & Safety
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Westfarmers Industrial & Safety Management reviews

Australia34 reviews
Satisfying job if you enjoy processing orders and short days. Workplace culture is toxic though, cliques are strong. Appears inclusive and some managers are trying to turn it around but there are some who have been there forever and "this is the way we have always done it," although that might include bullying!
Constant changes occur within management that result in poor execution of overall business strategy. The culture was good however the poor salary dampened it.
Always lots of work to do. The training was always available. I learnt a lot about workplace health and safety and code of conduct. These were stressed a lot throughout toolbox talks and safe work procedures. Management was very segregated from the main on then floor staff. Workplace culture was very ethnic so as I said before code of conduct was upmost. Hardest part of the job would have to be in some of the training as I felt it was not thorough. You would get a little bit of training with some things and you were left on you own to work out. The most enjoyable part would have to be the work it's self. I loved the diversity of working in different areas and learning new things with the support of people who knew what they were doing. The pay was good.
Pros
Ice blocks when it was really hot and RDO's.
Cons
Really hot to work in in summer.
Alot of support from Management. Flexibility with working hours. Friendly staff and great Management Team. Ability to work with other Employers under one umbrella without loosing terms of sevice.
Pros
Public transport
A typical day was tidying the work area then picking orders and placing into totes on an assembly line.

I learned about what products Blackwoods stock and that most people don't care about recycling their rubbish.

The management was friendly but not communicative enough, especially at the time I wasn't needed anymore.

The workplace culture was casual and mostly respectful.

The hardest part of the job was initially finding products that weren't where you expected them to be and using unreliable scanners.
Pros
Overtime available on Saturdays, working a shift from 7am to 3:06pm, regular exercise including group stretching exercises before starting work, convenient distance from my home, staff discounts, casual clothing worn, modern environmentally efficient and modern facilities, well organised product shelving, helpful colleagues, time went fast..
Cons
Too much plastic wastage and recyclabe rubbish contamination caused by irresponsible employees, dusty shelves and floors, unreliable scanners, boss who lacked courteous communication skills, I couldn't get long term work there.
Working at Workwear Group was one of the best moments of my life. Working hands on with the store team on a daily warehousing actiities that includes the dispatching; handling and receiving of orders; coaching staff and effective operation of a busy distribution centre.
I have grown and learned to be the best working person I've ever be. I have learned to demonstrate in maintaining quality, meeting required productivity, on time delivery to customers and developing the team.

The management have given me the opportunity to build my own working system to address the demands of the job and to reach my targets and goals for the day.
Workwear workplace culture is very open and very results oriented.

It has a positive and relaxed work environment that still meets high demands and hard deadlines.

Tha hardest part of the job is also the most attractive part. To deal with the challenging demand of the despatching team with accurate time management was satisfying and ineteresting.
Pros
Free Tea and Coffee
Cons
Demanding but satisfying.
The overall business was going through a lot of restructuring which had a flow in effect to general business. This made it difficult to achieve some objectives as standards were continually changed and not made clear.
Apart from the above the staff were great and very friendly.
Support from line management was always there but they were also willing to challenge you to ensure optimum end results.
A lot of career progression opportunities.

Would return to Workwear Group if an opportunity came up.
lt was a great company to work for always willing to help you better yourself and give you every opportunity to advance within the warehouse plus the workers were really lovely people to work with, most of the workers were a great bunch to work with to the point it feel like one big family and the management were always willing to llisten and help you if you needed support in any way, sometimes the hours were long and the need to do overtime but on those occasions the company would put on a BBQ to say thanks so overall it was a great place to work for
Pros
Cake Days, Regular BBQ, uniforms provided
Cons
I moved on myself but now realise what a great mistake it was. they had a great team both fellow team members and management. great hours 9 - 530 and they also have a small a/noon shift.
Fast pace
Safety conscious

Overtime to complete end of days operations

Great staff to work with

Started pick/Packer to driving forklift/order picker trucks to leading a team and further advancement into management
Great way to learn operating machinery and computer skills
Great rewards for long-term employees like shares in the company

Job opportunities in Australia and New Zealand in the company
Pros
special occasion free lunch, rewards and bonuses
Cons
overtime to complete end of day operations
Working at Blackwoods has been an enjoyable expienance. They have a gym if you wish to become a member and they put on a free lunch on the last friday of each month also free dress every friday. Blackwoods has ongoing training on products and saftey. The management have all been easy to talk to and have helped fix any issue i have had ( customer, supplier, system errors & my health).