Westpac Group Employee Reviews

A stable workplace which good employees
Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW1 April 2019
Westpac Group has good benefits and good salary, everything else is excellent. The culture is of collaboration and people leaders focus on goals with a flexible mindset.
Treasury Operations across a broad range of products.
Supervisor / Relief Officer (Current Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW10 March 2019
Settlement of all Treasury related products, using RITS, Exigo and Murex for Domestic Products and Swift Alliance for all Foreign related products. Issuance of new Bonds to both Domestic and Foreign Markets. Liaise with Treasury Front Office and manage Liquidity portfolio. All staff are AFMA accredited and training is provided constantly. A great place to work but not enough opportunities to grow. A fast paced environment with many daily deadlines to meet.I enjoy the pressure and being able to see a transaction settle from a clients initial deposit to a nest egg investment for their future. A professional and highly regulated business.
Pros
Team challenges and cash prizes to be won.
Cons
Not enough room for growth.
Great place to work. From the top down, there is a genuine care for both staff and our customers.
Business application owner (Current Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW27 February 2019
Workplace culture is very much about focusing on customers and by how we can better serve them and make them be wowed by genuine care.
................
Westpac Review
Outbound Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  South Australia25 February 2019
The Westpac Banking group is one of the best places to work, now let me tell you the reason for this.

The bank fully supports any change in your life style and provides flexible hours if needed.

The bank takes its obligations for Health and Safely very seriously and regularly reviews its stance.

The environment provided is comfortable and demanding at the same time, creating a balance of performance and job satisfaction.

The Bank provide opportunities to grow internally if relevant positions are available.
Great co-workers, rewarding helping customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA14 January 2019
Fun working in a branch getting to know regular customers. Unfortunately cut backs in staffing and closing down branches is not good for job security.
Pros
Providing Great Customer Service
Cons
Closing branches
Great work life balance
National Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW15 November 2018
Fantastic place to work.
A lot of pressure but, when the job is done well its rewarded.
Westpac really look after their staff and in return the staff work hard .
Fun and social activity
Reconciliation Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourn20 March 2018
I was born with half leg and half arm. But that didn't prevent me to do the things I wanted to do. After graduating from certificate in Business studies at INTV I dropped my application at Westpac Bank and they employed me as a reconciliation officer to update the General book entry for the organization. Apart from that I was moved to Ledger's Department where I become the main officer to process payments and salaries. I got resigned in 2014.
Pros
Free lunches
well-run work place
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Barangaroo NSW1 March 2018
efficient and hard working environment. always a very enjoyable place to work with good management and professional style. high quality of employment satisfaction.
Excellent work environment
Senior IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 February 2018
I had great times at Westpac, it is a fun vibrant place to work and they keep you challenged along the way. There are plenty of opportunities to further advance your skill-set and base along the way.
Graduate (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 December 2017
Highly recommended, Great place to work. Lot of job advancement opportunities. Flexible working conditions. Work closely with your customer. Good dynamics
I had fun working with Westpac, they support family balance, respect and support their staff. I would love to go and work again with Westpac Group.
Investigations Officer / Process Champion (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW14 September 2017
I had fun working with Westpac and due to restructure, my job was made redundant but now missing working with
Westpac Group.

Westpac is a company that I am proud to be part of, they focus on customer service and treats customers with high regards.

I would love to work with Westpac Group again if given the opportunity.
Pros
Excellent in family balance and career, Treats everyone with respect and no racism, Acknowledged employees potential by encouraging the staff to pursue their careers, fully support the staff.
Cons
I cannot think of anything that Westpac has done wrong.
I enjoyed my time at westpac
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Perth WA19 August 2017
I would have liked some more support to advance in my career although the initial training was good. It helps to have a good manager (as we did) and a good team around you. Need to work hard and get sales do reap the benefits and bonuses which was sometimes unreasonable.
Productive, fun place to work
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW30 July 2017
Nice place to work. Largest Australian bank. Relatively good working environment. Could be a place for steady employment. I saw people who have been working on the same job since last 20+ years.
Great company to work for
Everyday Banking Acquisition - Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 July 2017
Westpac is truly a great company to work for. They truly care about their staff. It is so large that there are always opportunities to up-skill or move internally across the organisation. Westpac is extremely flexible and has some great perks for staff too.
Pros
Extremely Flexible, great perks
Cons
Do not always promote internally.
Very challenging but also rewarding
Fraud Officer (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW & Kogarah NSW8 June 2017
It was a great place to work. Challening yourself to meet KPI's and assisting people with fraud cases. I was employed though manpower which was only a casual position but didn't feel any different from the staff at wespac. However after 2 years under an agency I expanded my experience and skill in Customer Service and time to continue new challenges
fun enjoyable environment with many skills to be learnt
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Perth WA6 June 2017
i enjoy working at westpac as i can gather more skills and have fun at the same time i like working with other people and have a fun personality while being professional at the same time.
Pros
experience
Great for a hard worker
Bank Teller (Full time) (Former Employee) –  Bendigo VIC6 June 2017
Working for Westpac was personally a lovely experience, you get to meet a number of very unique people as both coworkers and customers, and learn a lot about the financial world.

As a teller you easily become accustom to repetitive tasks as well as a hands on approach to customers and sales targets, though some can be tricky to reach.
Managers are usually very friendly and reward hard workers for their dedication.
Pros
meet new people, good discounts and benefits
Cons
long work hours, potentially stressful and hard to achieve sales targets, quite a niched customer and worker environment
not a good place
Sydney Water - Project /Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW1 May 2017
Not happy with the group - not much to say i would not work again for this group.

Learnt nothing and management are not supportive.
People take care of who they know and not what they know so the culture would never CHANGE.

Team is not a team
Pros
nil
Cons
people are not a team player
Great location to work, great friends and people!
BOOKINGS CO-ORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Barangaroo Sydney31 March 2017
My job is very fast paced not physically but mentally. We have a constant number of requests coming through for booking corporate meetings. Once you get to know the system and the processes it gets much easier.
customer service
Home Loan Manager, Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  perth wa27 March 2017
not bad company to work fo
enjoyed working with the staff great atmosphere.
not good experience with some of the managers
great customer very friendly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westpac Group. Our community is ready to answer.