Westpac
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Westpac Employee Reviews

Australia275 reviews
Supportive employer with plenty of opportunity for advancement. Great work culture and community involvement.
Great job satisfaction. Work life balance, with good perks - discounted lending rates, insurances & financial planning
Pros
Supportive employer
Cons
Very performance focused
Good culture and really good, knowledgeable people.
Team culture very evident and exists across functional/business groups, but also across geographies
collaborative, reliable, work life balance.

adaptable and willing to guide staff on the Westpac way, however when it comes to their internal intranet and knowledge and understanding they lack some support and guidance in this area.
Work environment is not great to work in due to location. Management level have no idea what they need to do. not taking responsibility at all.

Not a great experience
Professional and caring organisation with good values. They also hired me at 60 years of age which was a win win for both parties as I introduced business.
Great company to work for but most banks are. Very fair with opportunities in the company. I found Westpac to
Be very flexible with their employees. The only thing I didn’t like is the sales they wanted us to put on the clients
Collaborative team with common goal, strong work ethic with great leadership in the team.
Chance for self development and good salary reviews and bonus system
Toxic environment with constant meetings badgering staff to sell products and meet scorecards.
Emails bombarding staff every day promoting selling, selling, selling.

Royal commission has not made an iota of difference to the way this organisation operates.

So many staff are on medication for depression and anxiety.

You are just a number. Still in touch with current staff and constantly hear that nothing has changed.
Customer interaction and everyday is different.
Great advancement opportunities.

Plenty of support.

Great Management.

Good training.

.................................
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Westpac?
They simply want to deliver something with no direction, thought or root cause analysis. They steal your work and present it as their own and are overall unethical.
I enjoyed the time with Westpac, such a great team and working environment. I believe I had gain much knowledge and skills during my time with Westpac
I did everything in this branch as most of the time there was either two or three of us. I was never formally trained as a Teller but I did that daily . The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers. I had many managers while I worked there and sometimes no Manager for months.
Great vision and direction at top levels but it's lip serviced as it comes down the chain and by the time you get to branches the absurd staffing, failure to backfill adequately & the metrics that conflict with the purpose means most teams are just in survival mode. Branch managers have become tellers and backfillers instead of leaders and coaches.
Working for Westpac in the payroll department was a great learning and growth opportunity, the team was excellent and had a great fun vibe.
the role itself was a fast-paced with much to learn. Management was always helpful and worked closely with the team.
Hot-desk layout with a locker. Open plan. Struggle to obtain a meeting room at any time other than lunch time. Many break out areas. Culture can appear laid back however it is a bit of a sweat shop. Most of the hands-on people there actually work for a provider nowadays. Working from home is encouraged where practicable. So long as you are in a permanent role, it is probably the best of the Big Four to work for in terms of employment conditions from what I hear.
My transformation into Agile journey started at Westpac. I was amongst the initial adapters of change, became mentor and coach for my team after i did my CSM and CSP. It was an excellent learnovative journey where I learnt the art of leading work in ART, forming new teams, redesigning our delivery strategies and approaches
Having worked at Westpac it culture and team building allows you to progress , the unlimited wealth of knowledge & finance prepares you for the face ever changing world
Pros
Shares options
Cons
Long Hours
Fantastic Workplace and fantastic work/life balance
Flexible working hours.

Working from home option.

I love the environment, on site Gym.

Agile workplace.
Westpac Banking Corporation is one of Australia’s “Big Four” Banks providing financial services to consumers and businesses and is Australia’s oldest Bank at 201 years old.
The Business Bank is responsible for sales and service of its small to medium enterprise, commercial and agribusiness customers in Australia, as well as asset and equipment finance, working capital facilities and operates under the Westpac, St. George, Bank SA and Bank of Melbourne brands.
I worked for Westpac for 27 years, I have both branch and International experience, I enjoyed my stay with the bank as I like dealing with people and assist them to resolve the matter.
I worked for a call centre in Brisbane and it was the best place I have ever worked. The training is exceptional, management are amazing. Work culture is fantastic. If they hadn't shut down the call centre I would still be there to this day.