WesTrac
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

WesTrac Employee Reviews

Australia47 reviews
1. Prioritize safety protocols
2. learn to use my skill in troubleshooting with new tools and equipment co-workers are approachable and helpful, sharing ideas.
Westrac has an awful culture that starts with management and makes it way down throughout the team. Blame game, unqualified managers being promoted into positions they are incapable of managing. Borderline bullying. The morale is always low and people don’t want to come into work. The People and Culture department is the worst I have even seen. Nothing changes and nothing will change. I would never recommend Westrac to anyone
Pros
The pro was the day I left
Cons
There is no incentive to do anything more than the bare minimum, other than meaningless awards and titles not worth the paper they are scribbled on.

Hopefully you do not find yourself in a situation outside of work that affects work (change of roster, days off etc) as you will be thrown under the bus without a second thought.
Very 'heavy' atmostphere in my area and adjoining area.
Negative and unhelpful female 'seniors', in particular.

Obvious bullying, back-stabbing and bad attitudes by those in charge, which appeared to rub-off on a few others who seemingly just wanted to 'prove their worth' and keep their jobs.

Few had interest in assisting others willingly and/or with a smile on their faces ...
Management is very ignorant of staff on the floor
Very slow to respond to personal issues

Staff that they employ are not skilled tradesman

They seem to employ whoever they can get at the time
Terrible moral, no pay increases for 8 years not even CPI.
No support from Management, not looking after staff unless they are the ones that are 'selling' machinery!
Was a great place to work 1 time ago however the kalgoorlie branch changed once a new manager was appointed.
Things may have changed by now but will need to take a chance.
No training/instructions from management. Culture is to give family members/friends jobs with no prior experience over staff that's been there for years. Pay is the worst in Newcastle and is impossible to reach a decent wage due to the steps you have to go through due to a "matrix" created 20 years ago. Hours of work is deplorable for award(nice way of saying minimum) wage and you tend to work 14 hours per day with travel so forget having a family life!!
Not a happy workplace. many people were job hunting and others were just doing what they had to to make their job complete. there is a very poor safety culture and unhappy workers.
If you not in the purple circle ⭕️ then your life is miserable, lots of bullying and discrimination that’s really toxic .No development for every one its only for the people in the purple circle only, and they like cheap labor from blue tongue so they pay less.supervisors have no public relations or knowledge.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at WesTrac?
My time at Westrac was very interesting. Their business has many different components and they are constantly making strides to be on the cutting edge.
Working in Westrac has been a very Productive experience.I have learned a lot and was part of a great team.The Management looks after those who work hard and gives them opportunities to advance the the business.
Worst place I've ever worked! Low wages, run by morons and youre truly just a number there. Good if you want to never gain experience and do the same task day in day out though.
Westrac is driving a positive and respectful work culture. They are investing a lot of resources and time to making a change. There is a lot of opportunity in this business
The branch manager was great as were the team I worked with.
Ordering of parts was made more difficult than it needed to be by head office. Great hours
My year counted 120+ apprentices, wich made having time with tradies and learning on the job really hard since we were basically given all of the bad jobs and used as slave labor.
Westrac are a professional, long established and trusted company.
Opportunities to advance or change direction in career within the business.

High pressure position I was in with more work than what we could handle due to aggressive sales approach of the business which meant over committing our resources.

The team or Planners, Schedulers and our Technology team of Supervisors and Technicians always seemed to still make it happen as promised to our customers however much under duress.

I believe the strain of the constant pressure due to over committing our resources weighed heavy on some of the team and this coursed a fairly high attrition rate.

Over all Management was sincere and the people I worked with were absolutely first class in their work and their personalities.

I cannot speak higher of our people especially the Area Manager who was like every bodies father and 100% committed to our team.

The company also has and expects very high safety standards in the industry.
Pros
The people and products.
Cons
Unrealistic sales team commitments and constant pressure.
driven

one goal

duty of care

are you okay

do it once do it right
enjoyed working with a good group of people who are nothing but professional and are always too help you understand the job and what you need to know to proceed effectively in and around the work place
Great place to work, busy and provides good benefits.
Gives you opportunities to move around regional sites and mine sites around Western Australia.

Lots of opportunities
worked there for 23yrs. the last 6yrs at Bodd gold. the mine owners wanted to go owner operator so they said see you later Westrac then they said goodbye to me. no job offers nothing. i wouldn't recommend Westrac to anyone.