WEX Inc. Employee Reviews

Awful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WV23 July 2019
I’ve had my manager talk down to me or my team as a group. We got raises but they paid new hires more for doing the same job as my team even though we’ve been there longer. They want you to do more than your job for less pay. They only care about money. I’ve told HR about my manager and so have others but they never did anything. They’ll lie to you just to get you to do more work. I hated going to work. Best thing I did was leave that company.
Great work Culture and solid company job performance & ethics
Team Leader and Incident Manager (Current Employee) –  Edina, MN12 July 2019
Great work Culture and solid company job performance & ethics.

I love working for my manager, very fortunate in that regard. As in most places, you have good and not so good co-workers, so pick your battles.

Overall, great company and even better projection for performance moving forward.
Fast-Paced, lack of Communication and structure
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  South Portland, ME16 June 2019
Not the worst place to work when you need a job, but how ridiculous to give employees that face customers every day and a livelihood of this business just a 3% annual raise!
I'd like to challenge CEO to raise her son at this kind of pay.
The company talks about a great culture and open communication, that is just a facade, communication is ---5 and culture is an attempt to form. WEX communicates in the email to all employees about tremendous growth every quarter or annually but then pays out 3% raise across the board, without even taking time to do an annual review...:) How disrespectful is that???
How can they expect loyalty?
The only loyalty they can count is from a desperation and low self-esteem.
Unfortunately it is what it is...but could be better if more people would leave an open feedback like this one! A sort of movement would be beneficial!
Stand up for yourself people and give an honest feedback!
And walk away, there are plenty of jobs out there!
With better pay, better raises and much better culture and communication!
Or stay and be Happy to hear from CEO about amazing company's growth where only one pocket is destined to receive!
Pros
good amount of paid time off
Cons
poor pay, poor raises, poor communication and support
My overall experience was okay
Customer Service Agent - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UT12 June 2019
As a customer service rep, the job itself is what you would expect. People call in when things aren’t going right so they’re usually upset. In my opinion, management was not the greatest but didn’t cause too many issues.
Pros
Snacks, lunches, food, etc. we’re provided quite often. Great people.
Cons
Negative, stressful environment, Break times and lengths aren’t ideal. A lot of pressure on agents
Lack of leadership and management support.
Customer Service Representative 2 (Former Employee) –  South Portland, ME11 June 2019
The company pushes numbers and does not care about their employees. They have a lack of leadership and does not assist in employee needs. Their is no HR to support you when you have a disability, they refer you to Prudential who covers your disability and then Wex fires you. You must remain at your seat unless you have a scheduled break so dont expect to use a restroom, test your sugar if you are diabetic or go grab something to eat if your sugar is falling dangerously low.
Needs leaders
All entry level poisons (Current Employee) –  Everywhere31 May 2019
They really need to address poor management. Send a survey out to your employees to review the managers they report to (this will give you an idea of why attrition and engagement is so poor).
Cons
No leadership
The ogden location is so unorganized no structsure. Credit department really needs new managment.
Collector (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UT15 May 2019
The job itself is good but the management team doesn't care about agents. There is favoritism. Example there is one person that takes long breaks, watches Netflix and does her makeup while the rest of the team is taking back-back calls. Management does nothing about it. Team meetings are always " you need to do this better" never giving praises. Ceos really need to take a
Look at this department and make changes. Agents really hate the job because of the way they are treated. And no structured training what so ever.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Everthing
Wex
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ME14 May 2019
WEX has very good benefits with a 401k match up to 2%, being able to work remotely 1 day from home a week policy, a cafe for breakfast/ lunch, and onsite yoga classes. This corporation needs a new operations department cash applications manager.
Pros
yoga classes onsite
Cons
50+ desks in an "open concept" office
Bureaucratic structure
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  South Portland, ME22 April 2019
Training was slapdash which made for a lot of stressful calls initially and reaching out on chat for help from overworked senior agents. Some departments got to move to the swanky downtown location, but CS is stuck in mall land. South Portland office is cramped and ugly. Why are the cafeteria tables never wiped down? Cafe prices are high - make sure to bring your own food. We got “Wellness” emails every day exhorting us to make healthy choices - and free donuts, candy and pizza as incentives to stay at our stationary desks when call volume was high.
I definitely feel like CS is WEX’s ignored and mistreated step child. CS is the department that interfaces with actual card holders, so you would think WEX would listen to the front line workers. Communication was one way - down.
Our systems were constantly on the fritz. The website portal and internal resources are not user friendly.
My first raise was literally .04.
If you have no other options, then WEX is not a bad job. You can do as much overtime as you can take, but if you have any kind of self esteem you will feel demoralized working there. Morale is low and turnover is high.
Pros
As much overtime as you’d like, 6% 401 k match (after first year.) Some very nice leaders in middle management.
Cons
Having to explain unpopular fees to customers all day. Low pay.
The biggest joke
Wex agent (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UT9 April 2019
This job is so unorganized, it’s legit all Over place. The could care less about their employees, cram 50 people per a lead, there is about 4-5 leads. Worked there 6months and never once did I ever meet with my manager regarding where I stand on my stats. The job is super easy, so easy that you can get away with murder.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Staying at that job knowing There are so many opportunities other than this trash.
WEX is a great place to work
Telematics Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Portland, ME26 March 2019
WEX was an absolutely wonderful place to work. WEX has a great CEO. The company helped me get my bachelors degree and the MBA as well. I would recommend this company to anyone for work for.
Gained good experience
Business Analyst and Solution Owner (Former Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire26 March 2019
WEX is a card payment software provider specialising in fuel cards. In 2013 WEX agreed a deal with ExxonMobil to take over the issuing and management of the Esso card product across Europe. Gained good experience working here.
Empresa com gestão sem foco, sem definição das metas e confusa
Gerente de Contas (Former Employee) –  NORDESTE25 March 2019
Empresa com bons projetos, porem nada se pratica do que se apresenta nas integraçoes
Pros
plano saude
Cons
gestao autoritaria
Best job I've had yet, but there are growing pains.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Portland, ME15 February 2019
I get to work from home (not all customer service employees do) and I make about $14 and hour, which I think is more than fair for customer call center in a new position. I am part time, I work about 30 hours a week, but there are plenty of full-time and chances for part-time.

My leads and managers have all been very kind of me, but I think there is a lot of stress on the upper tiers of the company to perform well to meet expectations. Which is a -good- thing, but there is a big difference between the amount of calls an entry level person gets (me) vs someone who has been here longer and sometimes it feels like its too much work for those departments.

I am very enthusiastic and I hope to grow with this company, the culture is awesome, PTO is awesome, benefits are awesome, and I enjoy it here.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, remote work, opportunities, benefits, great pay
Cons
Growing pains, small management and development hiccups, call center stress
write place to work
Customer Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Portland, ME2 February 2019
right place to work per employees survey for many years. providing competitive wages and recognizing the need for development for employees. great benefits
Goal Orientated, fun place to work
Marketing Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ME28 January 2019
I was a Marketing Manager for WEX. I lead the private label marketing campaigns for several Fortune 500 companies. My job consisted of working with each client to develop marketing campaigns that would grow their fleet fueling credit card programs. I coordinated the campaigns with internal and external departments including graphics, copy writing, and production.
Call center, help desk for multiply payment platforms
SR Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WV 2650115 January 2019
Mange employee training, workload,schedules, time off and reviews
Ensure team is providing professional courteous customer service
WebEx calls for initial start and weekly status
reports Preparing Vendor List/files for Salesforce
Pros
several locations nationwide
Helpful and friendly management but strict
Conversion Accounts Specialist/ Inside sales Rep (Current Employee) –  South Portland, ME3 January 2019
I enjoy my time here since i started working with wex as a temp, and they easily promote employees to fulltime well paying positions. The paying is also good and work environment is wonderful.
Productive Family Like Call Center with less Focus on Stats
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UT28 December 2018
WEX focus on your ability to provide your customers with the help they need not on an uncontrollable statistic like after call surveys or sales amounts. Everything is customer service and they not only provide training to grow but are willing to move you up based on how you feel you are ready.
Pros
Room for growth, Customer Service Oriented
growing company
Corporate Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ME11 December 2018
Watched the company grow from a mid-size company to a worldwide leader in the industry. Great atmosphere, fun people, lots of education and career advancement opportunities.
Pros
growth
Cons
busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WEX Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.