Whiddon
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Whiddon Employee Reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

was good

was good experience to work with the admin team with the Whiddon group. Whole team is very supportive and friendly. The managers are very understanding.

The Grafton Company is led by a bully and there is never enough staff for the Residents they have

I personally have been working in aged care for nearly 13 years and find all Aged Care Facilities the same they are a Business that doesn’t care about anyone as the turnover is quite high in allThey only care about how much there getting for their rooms as a worker you are a number and nothing else I feel sorry for the people that come into these places No care in aged careThere’s a lot of nepotism from management

Pros

The Residents are beautiful they just want someone to care

Cons

Poor money poor management and no care factir

Bad company

No recognition to staff. Lack of support to staff. Doesn’t follow food safety. Management has lack of support. New recruits come and go. Too much food waste.

Great place to work friendly environment

My duties include Working with aged people including with disabilities Assist with feeding, toileting, dressing & personal care Assist with recreational activities Food Preparation and Delivery

bad management

Worked very long hours, understaffed, pressure to perform well when under extreme pressure from management. Lack of proper facility care for dementure and pallative care patients.

Pros

personal rewards

Cons

understaffed, underpaid

Residents wonderful

Wonderful staff ...Unfortunately there are issues with being short staff and unfortunately there's a workplace culture that needs to be address...Upper management culture needs addressing. ...

Pros

Wonderful residents

Cons

Understaff at times

Miserable working environment and place. This place overworks you and gives you anxiety. Working with unskilled people in Senior positions.

I found working for The Whiddon Group Miserable soon after commencing with them. Staff were rude and unacceptable of new staff. The system was out of date and manager's expected the impossible out of you. Staff were constantly off sick or on leave, no cover provided. Alot of the times you were doing work for 2+ people. Manager's offered little to no support and often palmed more jobs on ro you. Management heavy, and your constantly attending pointless meetings. Your Overworked and expected to do overtime (no pay). This is Not a friendly work place. High staff turn over. The building is old and out of date with poor facilities. This is Not a professional company to work for. I am Very disappointed but glad i was able to get out. A change in management might save this poorly run company.

Pros

Able to visit residents

Cons

Overworked/Working with miserable people in a poorly managed company.

Fun workplace

Good workplace nice beach views, friendly staff. Although staff do not get enough time to spend on residents for the activities especially with dementia specific.

Pros

Good friendships and happy with shifts

Cons

Not enough time to spend with clients

fun and reliable

this was my first real practice at any good nursing i really enjoyed my self and the staff was also very friendly and willing to teach us as students what need to know for now and for the future.

Working with the elderly, making them feel safe and happy

I was eager to go into work knowing that I was going to be busy. The residents always greeted me, were genuinely happy to see me and that made me smile. Every day I would learn something new, everyone was keen to take the time to teach me something in a new area...we had a routine, we strived on working as a team in a clean and healthy environment and being organized made the kitchen run smoothly though out the day. Hardest part of the job was being at work and having anxiety about the behaviour of my Autistic son Patrick. I wanted to be there for him but i also didn't want to let my residents or team down. Management i cant fault. Caring, understanding. They always thanked me, encouraged and showed their appreciation.

Pros

Working with the elderly.

Cons

Experiencing first hand that we do get older, life is not forever.

Party would be done in favor of 1 shift only mornings.

no proper handover time to know what's happening in the previous shift , rushing to do your medications and treatment for clients. That nurses are just a number management don't care. Roster team does not know how to handle under staff while they hire all the time. replacing a permanent staff to cover up for another level given short notice and if they provide staff they less working hours. people on leave would not replaced with specific duties. working with only 2 staff with 38 clients with specific needs, your co-workers always work as a team.

Pros

Free coffee and biscuits

Cons

only 2 staff working in each floor

Gteat facility, wonderful staff, opportunities for further study, always need more staff !

Typical day at work ,busy, varied duties, friendly residents, supportive staff. Experience in ACFI Documentation and training and its importance to the facility and workers. Management have a challenging job re extension of facility and increase in resident numbers. Co-workers fantastic, great team work and support. Hardest part of the job is time management when understaffed. Most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction return from residents and their happiness!

Pros

cheap staff meals, salary sacrifice, great morningtea provided free!

Cons

when staff dont turn up for a shift, stressful!

very rewarding work place

It has taught me how to do HR work , domestic perosnal care, mental illness training, disabilitiytraining, dementia training.

Pros

good employer

Cons

family

Great staff and workers! Lovely residents!

Great staff and fellow workers, lovely residents. Frequent changes in managerial staff has affected morale and job stability especially for casual employment. Day starts with assigning workers to areas to provide personal care to residents and getting them showered and dressed for the day. Medicating when assigned and then assisting to feed breakfasts where needed. Time management , team work and a cheerful environment an asset. Manual handling is the most difficult part of the job and all policies and procedures must be adhered to for the physical health of the staff and for the rules of the company. The most enjoyable part of the job is the care and satisfaction between the residents and staff .

Pros

morning tea, coffee tea and milk provided daily

Cons

staff shortages and time available for care needs

Normal as per usual day at work

Making sure every resident has been looked after and given their needs.

Good place to work, friendly and inviting

A typical day entails, cooking dinner for 60 residents, ordering stock for all shifts, rostering kitchen staff to cover six regular shifts, liaising with RN's about residents dietary needs which can change daily, making sure all paperwork is filled in for each shift.

Pros

Lots of people willing to tell good stories if you take the time to listen to them.

Cons

Working for a charity can be hard sometimes as they expect you give time regularly.

Fantastic atmosphere, great staff

assist the residents with there morning routine, work with the team to ensure the daily jobs are attended to while assisting residence as required.

interacting with the residents and co-workers

to be able to talk to the residents and interact with them. to work with other co-workers. Preparing and Servicing breakfast lunch or dinner to the residents.

Doctors rounds, meeting family demands and supervising staff. Team work. Management is excellent. Friendly team members. Work load was always easily managed. Working with friendly team members and supportive managers.

Life is a journey

The Whiddon Group is a place where you not only earn money to take care of your family, but a place where you feel passionate about what you do. Taking care of the elderly is a very important role as you're trying to make them feel that there is life beyond compare. Your role is to make their life worth living. Their daily activities is also important so that they enjoy every single day with staff and families, where you try to occupy their times and their mind with different activities eg, Shopping, Bus outings, Outdoor BBQ, Beach Trip, Bingo, special events like Birthdays etc. At the end of the day, we ensure that all residents enjoyed each day with the assurance that there's happy days ahead. Even though they are not physically 100% in health, we always make sure that they take part in any activities at a safer and happier way. You also learn that you are not alone in the workplace, as you are working as a team, you get to know your colleague and they will be the ones to lend a hand in daily work and help make work smoother. The hardest part is when you lose them at the end of life but you will always treasure all the memories you made with them.

Pros

Public Holidays

Cons

Blackouts

This is an aged care facility, it was a fun place to work.

I was the first point of contact for visitors, family and friends of the clients.I answered phones emails and faxesI ordered all stock for the facilityI did all payroll dutiesI booked clients in to the facility, preparing agreements and bondsI reconciled accounts and petty cash.I was in charge of all archivingwe had loads of fun days for the clients dress up days and fun food daysThe hardest part of the job was clashing with another staff member, unfortunately they were very hard to pick what mood they were in.The most enjoyable part was the contact I had with the clients, they had a wealth of knowledge and were happy to share their stories.

Pros

i was trusted, so i could just get on with things knowing i would do an excellent job

Cons

not knowing how the other staff member was going to treat me each day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whiddon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Whiddon