Whiddon
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Whiddon Management reviews

Clear
3.5Work–Life Balance

Residents wonderful

Wonderful staff ...Unfortunately there are issues with being short staff and unfortunately there's a workplace culture that needs to be address...Upper management culture needs addressing. ...

Pros

Wonderful residents

Cons

Understaff at times

The Grafton Company is led by a bully and there is never enough staff for the Residents they have

I personally have been working in aged care for nearly 13 years and find all Aged Care Facilities the same they are a Business that doesn’t care about anyone as the turnover is quite high in allThey only care about how much there getting for their rooms as a worker you are a number and nothing else I feel sorry for the people that come into these places No care in aged careThere’s a lot of nepotism from management

Pros

The Residents are beautiful they just want someone to care

Cons

Poor money poor management and no care factir

Bad company

No recognition to staff. Lack of support to staff. Doesn’t follow food safety. Management has lack of support. New recruits come and go. Too much food waste.

bad management

Worked very long hours, understaffed, pressure to perform well when under extreme pressure from management. Lack of proper facility care for dementure and pallative care patients.

Pros

personal rewards

Cons

understaffed, underpaid

Miserable working environment and place. This place overworks you and gives you anxiety. Working with unskilled people in Senior positions.

I found working for The Whiddon Group Miserable soon after commencing with them. Staff were rude and unacceptable of new staff. The system was out of date and manager's expected the impossible out of you. Staff were constantly off sick or on leave, no cover provided. Alot of the times you were doing work for 2+ people. Manager's offered little to no support and often palmed more jobs on ro you. Management heavy, and your constantly attending pointless meetings. Your Overworked and expected to do overtime (no pay). This is Not a friendly work place. High staff turn over. The building is old and out of date with poor facilities. This is Not a professional company to work for. I am Very disappointed but glad i was able to get out. A change in management might save this poorly run company.

Pros

Able to visit residents

Cons

Overworked/Working with miserable people in a poorly managed company.

Working with the elderly, making them feel safe and happy

I was eager to go into work knowing that I was going to be busy. The residents always greeted me, were genuinely happy to see me and that made me smile. Every day I would learn something new, everyone was keen to take the time to teach me something in a new area...we had a routine, we strived on working as a team in a clean and healthy environment and being organized made the kitchen run smoothly though out the day. Hardest part of the job was being at work and having anxiety about the behaviour of my Autistic son Patrick. I wanted to be there for him but i also didn't want to let my residents or team down. Management i cant fault. Caring, understanding. They always thanked me, encouraged and showed their appreciation.

Pros

Working with the elderly.

Cons

Experiencing first hand that we do get older, life is not forever.

Party would be done in favor of 1 shift only mornings.

no proper handover time to know what's happening in the previous shift , rushing to do your medications and treatment for clients. That nurses are just a number management don't care. Roster team does not know how to handle under staff while they hire all the time. replacing a permanent staff to cover up for another level given short notice and if they provide staff they less working hours. people on leave would not replaced with specific duties. working with only 2 staff with 38 clients with specific needs, your co-workers always work as a team.

Pros

Free coffee and biscuits

Cons

only 2 staff working in each floor

Gteat facility, wonderful staff, opportunities for further study, always need more staff !

Typical day at work ,busy, varied duties, friendly residents, supportive staff. Experience in ACFI Documentation and training and its importance to the facility and workers. Management have a challenging job re extension of facility and increase in resident numbers. Co-workers fantastic, great team work and support. Hardest part of the job is time management when understaffed. Most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction return from residents and their happiness!

Pros

cheap staff meals, salary sacrifice, great morningtea provided free!

Cons

when staff dont turn up for a shift, stressful!

Great staff and workers! Lovely residents!

Great staff and fellow workers, lovely residents. Frequent changes in managerial staff has affected morale and job stability especially for casual employment. Day starts with assigning workers to areas to provide personal care to residents and getting them showered and dressed for the day. Medicating when assigned and then assisting to feed breakfasts where needed. Time management , team work and a cheerful environment an asset. Manual handling is the most difficult part of the job and all policies and procedures must be adhered to for the physical health of the staff and for the rules of the company. The most enjoyable part of the job is the care and satisfaction between the residents and staff .

Pros

morning tea, coffee tea and milk provided daily

Cons

staff shortages and time available for care needs

Doctors rounds, meeting family demands and supervising staff. Team work. Management is excellent. Friendly team members. Work load was always easily managed. Working with friendly team members and supportive managers.

Jobs at Whiddon