Whitworths
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Whitworths Employee Reviews

company is making extra courses like food safety in manufacturing, nice friendly management, now they built new warehouse so I hoping that a this company will have better canteen
You get told to "run" the extremely old and battered rovemas with literally no training because all the favoured line minders get the new machines as they are best mates with management. Very clicky place. Work here at your own risk
Pros
Cons
Loads
There is an extremely high turnover of staff make of that what you will. Regular redundancies! Most people are hard working but are demoralised buy the finger pointing and blame culture that exists.
Horrible place to work. Constant pressure and no respect . Not everybody is treated the same. Some people are better off than others. Manners seem to be an issue. Inappropriate behaviour is acceptable.
Career development given, consistent hours of work. Communication between departments is good. All staff get along as a team. KPI driven however all team members ensuring you are supported.
every day at work for me is a blast of fun they trained us on the lollup or as they called it a ppt it only took an hour to get used to it but there was always someone right next to me just for help.
work is being done quickly enough, the people I work with are kind and honest and friendly. I spend the break at the canteen where are fridge and microwave, lots of vending machines where you can buy warm coffee or candy bar.
working as a team got on with what I was told to do turned up for work never late get on ok with others get on ok on my own hard work at times but jobs are hard to come by so do my best and try not to let people down co-workers friendly and helpful
Pros
good to work for
Cons
hours can be long but didnt mind
checking bags for correct date and product. management not to bad,some very understanding at times co workers were very helpful in everything that went on the starting up at the beging having a laugh during the day with the other staff on line
Cons
hours not to bad
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Whitworths?
I have good communication skills and am a hard working person. I get along with people very easily and I can work well as part of a team or independantly. I build positive relationships in the workplace and I add value with my committed and dedicated approach to my work. Ambitious, responsible and reliable, you can depend on me.
Worked as part of a team to ensure the high quality packing of food produce and maintaining high standards of safety and hygiene. The management were well organised. My co-workers were hard to communicate with as they didn't speak English. The hardest part of the job were the hours (through the night). The most enjoyable part was experiencing a different environment.
Pros
Gained new work experience
Cons
Working nights
working as a production operative. was a steady job and i did enjoy it but sadly i had to move to rushden for housing and was unable ti travel due to being a single parent.
Pros
perminent
Cons
location
Good pay and hours, but very hard work most of the time, hot and stuffy.
Cons
extremely physically demanding if you do the same thing for to long can cause inury
The worst days of my work with whitworths that they dont care about workers health they just want money
  1. Employee Reviews