Willoughby City Council
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Willoughby City Council Employee Reviews

Australia8 reviews
Day always started by ensuring the water, facilities and people were safe for customers to enter and utilise the facilities. Constant supervision and observation of customers and staff were safe and o.k.. Great emphasis placed on team work, regular checking of water quality, filter and chemical dosing equipment, and checking in with staff and the various areas (customer service, gym, sports hall, learn to swim and any contractors. Hardest part of the job occurred when the facility was extremely busy, and constant observation and monitoring of all areas and blind spots was required.
The most enjoyable part fo the job was interfacing and communicating with customers in the facility.
The new management were continually restructuring and changing direction. The senior leadership team were not empowered and able to make decisions. The culture was unsettled and unhappy
Terrible environment which can be summed as bullying and nepotism at its finest. The manager is in her lovers position (go figure) and she is just narcissistic. Everything is an issue from temporary swipe cards not being deactivated by IT within 5mins to procurement functions lacking integrity but that is expected when the manager strategic planner has no idea on the functionality of procurement. Keep calling your lover
Pros
Close to public transport
Cons
Terrible management
The main problem with WCC is the inability to let go of incompetent staff due to logistics. Some employees are blatantly and intentionally ineffective and yet they cannot be made redundant.

Otherwise a lot of the members are really good and great for teaching a young engineering professional
Pros
As an engineering intern I was involved with surveying and designing council assets. It was a pretty rewarding experience being able to see the whole design process. I was mentored pretty well, and the team were very supportive.
Willoughby has a great workforce. Very nice people who are committed to what they do. It is not a toxic or political place and I would recommend it. I only left because I was a contractor who had completed my contribution.
It is always fun relating to the multicultural aged people. Getting to know different languages and cultures and traditions are always fulfilling.
Pros
Free lunches and morning tea
Busy
Life sometimes just isn't fair. Get on with it.

Great works Manager whom I have learnt a lot from both professionally and personally.

Most co-workers and honest and upfront and willing to help.

Dealing with utility companies (State Government)

Agreements with utility companies.
Pros
insureing a good outcome for both Council and its rate payers
Cons
Long hours and travel times
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Willoughby City Council. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5