Wilmar Sugar
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Wilmar Sugar Employee Reviews

drive to work, prestart, toilet, electrical, have lunch, talk, go home. Get a 4 pack, have a feed, chill out watch some tv, go to sleep, and repeat.
I have worked here for the past 8 years, and the team has been incredible supportive, always allowing me the opportunity to obtain further qualifications in necessary and relevant job fields.
Great place to work - if they paid more I'd still be there. Close to home, good people to work with, just wished they offered more in the way of pay...
I typically work an 8 hour day, 5 day week spent maintaining and installing electrical systems in a sugar mill. I have learnt to solve many difficult problems that occur on a daily basis and consider myself to have a good rapport with management. I do have some reservations in regard to the work place culture where I work and do my best to help improve it.I particularly enjoy the interaction I have with the variety of employees that we have.
Pros
Safe working conditions
Cons
After hours call outs
Rubbish place to work. Top heavy company. To many people doing meaningless jobs. Promote people that cause drama and problems. Current boss only cares about the budget. No care for the people he works with.
Pros
Good money for seasonal work
Cons
Management has no clue. They don't care about the workers just the budget
A good place to make new friends and have chance to learn new things overall a good experience. Always feel happy with my job.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Come home dirty
I started my shift as soon as i put my lunch in fridge, set up lab and commenced calibrations. I learnt to manage my time wisely, to find plant samples i needed for analyses when process operators were busy. majority of my co-workers were great. management were fine, no issues. hardest part of the job was 3am on last night shift. most enjoyable would've been the comradeship of our crew.
Pros
busy busy
Cons
seasonal work
long shifts with minimal breaks contract ended sooner than originally quoted by company friendly staff at company oh&s compliancy met at all times by company
Pros
good pay
Cons
Great learning opportunity, confined space and working at heights certs obtained. Housekeeping, long hours and hot & dirty work experience also gained.
Pros
free lunches/dinners on overtime
It was a great workplace to again complete my school work experience. The staff where very friendly and helpful. I learnt may new skills that I will use in my daily life.