Wilmar Sugar logo
Wilmar Sugar
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Wilmar Sugar Employee Reviews

Work–Life Balance

A typical day at work

drive to work, prestart, toilet, electrical, have lunch, talk, go home. Get a 4 pack, have a feed, chill out watch some tv, go to sleep, and repeat.

good

Overall a good experience but the one thing i didnt like and that was the clicky nature of the workplace. There were favourites and they seemed to special treatment eg more overtime than others, special allotment duties in mill when no locos running. Offer of sustainable employment in the slack period.

I have worked here for the past 8 years, and the team has been incredible supportive, always allowing me the opportunity to obtain further qualifications in necessary and relevant job fields.

Great place to work - if they paid more I'd still be there. Close to home, good people to work with, just wished they offered more in the way of pay...

Terrible management

Management only cares about budget. Top heavy company, the workers on the floor are treated badly. Too many people in roles they are not qualified for.

Pros

Crushing only lasts 6 months

A good place for a young person to forge a career

I typically work an 8 hour day, 5 day week spent maintaining and installing electrical systems in a sugar mill. I have learnt to solve many difficult problems that occur on a daily basis and consider myself to have a good rapport with management. I do have some reservations in regard to the work place culture where I work and do my best to help improve it.I particularly enjoy the interaction I have with the variety of employees that we have.

Pros

Safe working conditions

Cons

After hours call outs

Only good for seasonal work

Rubbish place to work. Top heavy company. To many people doing meaningless jobs. Promote people that cause drama and problems. Current boss only cares about the budget. No care for the people he works with.

Pros

Good money for seasonal work

Cons

Management has no clue. They don't care about the workers just the budget

Good making friends and new experiences

A good place to make new friends and have chance to learn new things overall a good experience. Always feel happy with my job.

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Come home dirty

local icon

I started my shift as soon as i put my lunch in fridge, set up lab and commenced calibrations. I learnt to manage my time wisely, to find plant samples i needed for analyses when process operators were busy. majority of my co-workers were great. management were fine, no issues. hardest part of the job was 3am on last night shift. most enjoyable would've been the comradeship of our crew.

Pros

busy busy

Cons

seasonal work

Just another job

long shifts with minimal breaks contract ended sooner than originally quoted by company friendly staff at company oh&s compliancy met at all times by company

Pros

good pay

Jobs at Wilmar Sugar