Windsor Smith Employee Reviews

2.0Pay & Benefits
Review
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 May 2019
No support at all, unrealistic budgets and abuse when budgets are not achieved. Provide zero training and yet they are rude to the employees if they make mistakes.
What's the point of being a store or an assistant manager when they have no rights and they MUST ask the Head Office for permision to breathe because of the extreme levels of micro-managment.
They DO NOT care at all nor do they provide support and all employees are simply numbers and viewed as completely replaceable.
If you need to take day off you MUST call the Head Office and there is going to be so many questions why do you wanna take day off and if you wanna take annual leave you'll wait for ages till they get back to you.
If there are bad reviews about one of the stores they'll call the employees and yell at them. But have they ever seen the bad reviews towards them? Don't they think the problem might be in them ?
Horrible workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC19 May 2019
The staff within the store are usually really nice. When it comes to upper management it is borderline workplace harassment and abuse. Cannot believe the things I heard come out of not only regional managers, but let alone the treatment by the owner himself. This job gave me so much anxiety I had to leave. You are over worked and put under a ridiculous amount of stress. there is no thank you's or gratitude by this company. I would not even wish my worst enemy to work in a place like this! The management staff sit on the security cameras and watch you all day so they can pick on you for the smallest mistake!
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Horrible management, Ridiculous hours, Abusive speech, Constant harassment, No incentive to do well at your job
Not a great work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chadstone VIC7 May 2019
Management watches the camera all of their shift to pick on any flaw that either the employee has done or what employees need to fix within the store and call every 10-15 minutes to address it.

Theres no job security within this role.
Management is very poor, very unprofessional, looks down upon employees and dont listen to us.

In the backroom theres a big OHS issue, when grabbing specific shoe style/size you basically are so rushed so you have to climb the SHELVES in order to get your customer's shoes.

You dont have much of a break time, its very blurred especially if the store is packed, they insist you cut your break short to assist other coworkers.
Pros
Cons
Management is VERY poor and unprofessional
Fun workplace.
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indooroopilly QLD10 May 2018
Very fun environment and easy going people to work with. I only worked here for a little bit but really enjoyed the experience. Learnt quite a lot and don't regret applying there.
Pros
Fun.
Cons
none.
Great team but terrible upper management!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Homebush DFO NSW19 March 2018
My honest opinion, Windsor Smith definitely have the worst upper management, especially regional managers. Very hypocratical and they tend to degrade of hard working staff. Always taking side but not looking at the facts. Also very unorganised in terms of managing stock. Only thing positive was flexibility and the friendly casual staffs and store manager of who I was working with made me stay for a while.
Pros
The Team and flexibility
Cons
Upper Management (Reigional Manager)
Windsor Smith is an amazing store but it lacks the managemant a business needs.
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA5 January 2017
The flow of customers fluctuate on different days. Some shifts you won't have to assist any customers while other days, you'll be flat out jumping from one customer to another. Although we were poorly paid and rarely received the management guidance we needed, working as a positive team is what got us through all the hardships and complications at Windsor Smith.
Pros
Working in a fun and fast paced environment
Cons
Hour shortages
Fast-pace sales experience
Christmas Casual- Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rundle Mall SA4 January 2017
Busy environment, fast pace, many sales goals were set and achieved. Adjustable working conditions, overall a fun and enjoyable working experience
Cons
no breaks
A tough environment but great opportunity
National Sales & New Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia19 November 2014
Sell in of new product lines ranges. Day to day management of around 40 accounts (5 major accounts). Daily liaising with buyers and general managers of footwear departments. Chasing repeat purchase orders on a daily basis. Presentations on new products. I learnt that there is no better way to immerse yourself in a family business other than taking on all challenges head first, speaking up and voicing my opinion goes a long way. This family owned business had a very challenging working environment, but the last 6 months of the role i made it a very autonomous position where i had great outcomes for the business.
Travel and customer interaction was the most enjoyable part of the job!
Pros
Highly Autonomous role, involving plenty of travel AUS & NZ
Cons
Challenging working environment, family business