Windsor Smith Employee Review

View all Windsor Smith reviews

Review
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 May 2019
No support at all, unrealistic budgets and abuse when budgets are not achieved. Provide zero training and yet they are rude to the employees if they make mistakes.
What's the point of being a store or an assistant manager when they have no rights and they MUST ask the Head Office for permision to breathe because of the extreme levels of micro-managment.
They DO NOT care at all nor do they provide support and all employees are simply numbers and viewed as completely replaceable.
If you need to take day off you MUST call the Head Office and there is going to be so many questions why do you wanna take day off and if you wanna take annual leave you'll wait for ages till they get back to you.
If there are bad reviews about one of the stores they'll call the employees and yell at them. But have they ever seen the bad reviews towards them? Don't they think the problem might be in them ?

Other Windsor Smith Employee Reviews

Horrible workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC19 May 2019
The staff within the store are usually really nice. When it comes to upper management it is borderline workplace harassment and abuse. Cannot believe the things I heard come out of not only regional managers, but let alone the treatment by the owner himself. This job gave me so much anxiety I had to leave. You are over worked and put under a ridiculous amount of stress. there is no thank you's or gratitude by this company. I would not even wish my worst enemy to work in a place like this! The management staff sit on the security cameras and watch you all day so they can pick on you for the smallest mistake!
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Horrible management, Ridiculous hours, Abusive speech, Constant harassment, No incentive to do well at your job
Not a great work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chadstone VIC7 May 2019
Management watches the camera all of their shift to pick on any flaw that either the employee has done or what employees need to fix within the store and call every 10-15 minutes to address it.

Theres no job security within this role.
Management is very poor, very unprofessional, looks down upon employees and dont listen to us.

In the backroom theres a big OHS issue, when grabbing specific shoe style/size you basically are so rushed so you have to climb the SHELVES in order to get your customer's shoes.

You dont have much of a break time, its very blurred especially if the store is packed, they insist you cut your break short to assist other coworkers.
Pros
Cons
Management is VERY poor and unprofessional