Witchery
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Witchery Employee Reviews

Australia12 reviews
I learned about sales, visual merchandising (shop windows & floor). I learnt how to manage customers, complaints and other members of the team. I learnt how to talk to customers in person and over the phone.
Working at witchery wasn't bad however the management style was way off which caused my motivation to go.
Unpacking stock, tagging, steaming and serving customers was my main priority.

The other casuals were a hit and a miss, some were nice but it was obvious who the favourites were.
appropriate for a the young christmas casual, not much room or incentive to grow! job culture is to sell sell sell, oppose to improving customer service and client satisfaction techniques that will ultimately sell (culture is slightly out dated)
Pros
good product
Cons
poor job culture
The constant politics is a great balance to the most unrealistic expectations set from upper management who like to pretend they know what it is like to set foot with the lesser employees who have to work the shop floor. Very 'fake' atmosphere with pressure aplenty. Regardless I loved the team of sales assistants I worked with and was always able to find a way to unwind from the constant pressure by having a laugh with my team.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Long hours, high pressure from upper management.
Very busy throughout each day, always on your feet.
Loved building quality relationships with co workers making it enjoyable to be at work and creating customer loyalties and providing the luxury customer service
Pros
Sale incentive rewards
Cons
Understaffed
The team at Witchery became very good friends of mine.

The atmosphere was always positive and happy.

The manager was fair and lead by example.

Very supportive.
Pros
My manager
Witchery è un'azienda molto affermata in Australia, e lavorare nell'head quarter mi ha sicuramente permesso di imparare molte dinamiche organizzative che non avrei avuto modo di sperimentare in un'azienda più piccola.
Pros
buoni pasto
Cons
uffici poco spaziosi
Thriving and young business, with supportive management and team members. Plenty of room for progression and learning. Growth and development is key to success.
Pros
Great wardrobe
Cons
Small team
A typical day at work would involve opening the store and making sure it was ready for the day- which would include: Cleaning, merchandising, counting floats, stock and checking/changing the roster when needed. I learned how to manage an environment when there are multiple personalities you have to deal with. The hardest part of the job was managing a store when it was understaffed, other than that each day was enjoyable with a strong team and loyal customers.
Pros
A strong brand which I enjoyed working for and a strong team behind me.
Cons
A fair bit of overtime for senior staff in times we were understaffed.
The typical day at work is an enjoyable one. I work with an amazing team and they customers are great. I enjoy fashion and learning how to put stylish outfits together.
Pros
Clothing allowance.
I;am a person with strong communication & customer service skills, with a good sence of humour. As I hold more than 15 years of front line customer service skills, which I started back in Sri Lanka as a FLIGHT ATTENDANT, ever since not only I have worked my way up the ladder but also sharpened my skills and polished myself. At Witchery I have my own customers who will only come to me to be served. In the past three years at witchery I have created my own rappo, with my customers.
Pros
Clothing allowence
Cons
I I'am off on Weekends and Public Holidays
Just enjoyed the whole feel of the store, fashion.. and layout,,the staff, were great to work with,, we had a great team,,

stock filling,

cleaning

sales sales sales.

invoicing and transfers,,,

learned more about the stock side,,of stocktaking,,,you learn something new eday just even with the clientele and online sales,, was another avenue of learning for me which was a bonus,,as thats the way alot of people make purchases these days,,
Pros
great ambience, loyal company, great values and ethics
Cons
at that stage, it was a quiet time and quiet store, !!