Wollongong City Council
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Wollongong City Council Employee Reviews

If it wasn't such a drive from Mittagong I would love to stay here. Great people to work with and very flexibile working conditions. You can arrange your day as it suits and this motivates me to be as much help as I can be. Mostly, it's the lovely people I work with that keep me here.
Review invoices that have not passed through to the accounts payable in preparation for payment. Check invoices from Scanning software. Check for errors and corrections made. upload into the system for processing to accounts payable. check and seek for approvals or action by respective departments involved. clear backlog and prepare reports
working with great staff and providing for the public to their satisfaction creates a great work place. Paper work hardest part off job. Most enjoyable part of the job is staff who I work with.
Support of the staff with general office administration as requested, across 3 locations. A TYPICAL DAY INCLUDES: * Diary and Client managing. * Customer inquiries through phone, email and online systems. * Position Of Sale and daily reconciliation of accounts/banking. * Security systems. * Support and placement of refugees/asylum seekers with short term accommodation, food and general well-being. * Meeting and greeting people from all walks of life. Remaining neutral and unbiased as to cultural beliefs, so that I can better understand their needs. * General all round administration duties and following government procedures. CO-WORKERS: * Everyone is dedicated to their job and to the continued support of each other, both professionally and personally. * Your success is team success and combined, the business succeeds. PROS: * Our offices are open from 8am-8pm & and we work in 6+hr shifts. * The absolute satisfaction of being able to help someone meet their needs. * Valuable social skills learned that better helps me to be an understanding and compassionate person. * All 3 offices are located next to the beach. CONS: * From the time you open or close the office you rarely are able to grab a moment for a quick break.
Pros
Our offices are open from 8am-8pm & we work in 6+hr shifts..
Cons
Rarely a moment for a quick break..
Arrive at central depot, collect job cards for the day, prioritise which jobs are classified as urgent and offensive and deal with first. Ensure all equipment, materials is on board vehicle that i am driving, make purchase orders for materials required for the next day, always keeping up to date with paperwork, SMDS sheets. I enjoy working part of a team, however also enjoy the challenge of carrying out the work myself, ensuring all is in place. The weather can sometime be the hard part of the job, dealing with extreme heat or even high winds. Most enjoyable part, driving away knowing that i efficiently succeeded the job task.
Typical day at work would include customer service and feed back, cleaning, administer first aid if required, observe and report, fill in documents and close shop with locks and alarm codes. What I learned is how to deal with a wide range of tasks that are associated with the job. Management are overall good and supportive. My co-workers are overall good and supportive. Hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult clients. Most enjoyable part is also dealing with clients.
Pros
Salary is good and they can allow you to be flexable with time.
Cons
Hard to get a permanent position.