Wood Group Employee Reviews

Found 38 reviews matching the search See all 1,049 reviews
very difficult place to work
Lead Instrumentation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Perth CBD2 January 2019
everyday is an ongoing battle between management, projects and engineering resulting in a very poor working environment from new starters all the way to heads of departments. I would never advise anyone to work in that office.
Pros
i had a good and dedicated team
Cons
extramly poor culture and poor management direction
Most Toxic place I've ever Work
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn VIC18 November 2018
The day to day challenge was having the constantly defend yourself from the toxic and undermining management. If you said something it was usually used against you so management could score points on you. The workplace culture in the Brooklyn Office was the most toxic place I've have ever worked over my 30+ year career.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Toxic
Avoid the Brooklyn Office if your sanity depends on it.
Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn VIC1 October 2018
Avoid the Brooklyn Office if your sanity depends on it, Management don't follow their HR policies. The workplace bulling is out of control. Wood Management need to take action and pull this toxic place in to line.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Zero
Very bad culture
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn VIC17 September 2018
Wood Group is one of the worst Companies I have ever work with, Management don't follow there core values and undermining is a consent day to day event. Avoid this company if possible.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Zero
Complete Waste of Time
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 September 2018
Went for a job interview, all went well, HR finally got back to me after a 5 week wait saying the job is yours on the money we agreed on, only to ring back the next day with a new offer 30% lower.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Bad Company
productive and fun
Health Safety Security Environment Lead (Former Employee) –  Sydney24 July 2018
Working in PSN is one of the high lights in my career. it has friendly working environment.it provides most of my professional growth. Management is excellent. working culture is very nurturing. employes efforts were duly recognized. i had the most productive years in my career.
Pros
good bosses.
Friendly working atmosphere
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC18 September 2017
I was happy working for Woodgroup. I always felt I could achieve more by staying, I felt welcome as the years gone by. I was given many opportunities by being loyal to the company
Pros
Safety Culture
Cons
Competing
Good work culture
Senior Analyst Programmer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 May 2017
It's a decent work culture with friendly staff that work great as a team. There is the potential for travel with the company. They have many offices world wide.
Pros
The employees can work remotely part of the week.
Cons
There have been no salary increases for a few years.
Well organised
Turnaround SMP Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Geelong VIC10 April 2017
Helpfull , well organised, Excellent OHS record, Management was good,it aws enjoyable to work with all personal which was a good team effort to complete shutdown
Cons
Good place, not much prospects though
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 March 2017
Very limited career progression, but this is tightly linked to the oil and gas market (so it might pick up).
Management team is very good however.
Very bad culture
Senior Implementation Planner (Former Employee) –  Perth21 February 2017
One of the worst companies to work for. Does not follow any of its Core Values.

People are promoted based on who they keep company with and not on their Skills or their worth.
Pros
Cons
No Values
Technically challenging work
Senior Cost & Estimating Engineer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 February 2017
Very dynamic work. Besides submission of tenders, was responsible for all aspects of the project viz. material, equipment, machinery, specialised services, schedule, man-power etc.
Pros
Professional style of management.
Cons
Very little accessible historical data.
Good team but lacked challenges
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC28 January 2017
Being an EPC consulting firm, the projects are essentially dictated by the client. This means that the interesting work came through sporadically and the time between was filled with paperwork and repetitive tasks.
Pros
Team was great, honest and very approachable boss
Wood Group PSN
Rigger/Responsible Officer/Primary First Aid (Former Employee) –  Marlin Platform, Offshore, Bass Strait19 January 2017
This company was without doubt the best company that I have worked with, the management were always approachable and very supportive. Each day at work offshore was challenging but with a very good crew and supervisors to work with there was no problem that could not be handled. The hardest part of the job was knowing that it was a contract and that it would eventually have to end, the most enjoyable part of the job was having a great crew that worked well together and that we got on so well together both at work and in our down time.
Pros
A great company and supervisors and interesting work.
Cons
Being away from home for a week at a time but not really an issue.
i enjoyed my time at PSN
Mechanical Fitter (Former Employee) –  Geelong Vic17 January 2017
good environment to work in and allowed an opinion ,management was good and they pushed a good safety culture while expecting a days work
Pros
bonus at end of job
Cons
long hours and the weather
No support from management in any shape or form
Cranes, Rigging and Logistics Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Southern Highlands PNG9 August 2016
Management out of touch with realities on site and have little to no idea of doing work in remote regions and logistic issues associated with the work
Pros
Good accomodation and food
Good mixture of tasks
Mechanical Fitter (Former Employee) –  Longford VIC23 June 2016
Informative daily toolbox meetings and safety incentives. Great communication from management for tasks required to be undertaken. Skilled co-workers to make the harder tasks easier. Being able to work as a team from client to management to worker to achieve a finished project
Pros
Employement
Cons
Long travel
Good bunch of people to work with
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Perth WA3 May 2016
Good environment to work in. Lots of work to be done, which was a good challenge. Broad network with many devices to be managed and administered.
HSE is the number priority everyday of working in my department
Senior Estimator for Oil and Gas (Brownfield) (Former Employee) –  Perth WA17 March 2016
Good experience in my work place and every project task of my department and it give challenges in my career here on Perth in my almost 4 years work in Woodgroup PSN in brownfield project for Onshore and Offshore project of Woodside Energy.
Cons
good company to work for ,when the work is there.
Procurement Officer,Materials (Former Employee) –  Hastings VIC16 February 2016
easy going and fun place to work, good people to work with at all levels, excellent pay and conditions, nothing hard about the job as the company has all the right tools, good communication.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wood Group. Our community is ready to answer.