Woolworths Limited is made up of some of the most recognisable and trusted brands in retailing, serving millions of customers every day with great choice, low prices and excellent quality. Our retailing expertise stretches across food & grocery, liquor, petrol, general merchandise and consumer electronics, serving millions of customers each and every day across Australia and New Zealand.
- Celebrated their 85th birthday in 2009
- Employ more than 191,000 people and are one of the largest private sector employers in Australia
- In the 2009 financial year Woolworths Limited's community investment in Australia and New Zealand was calculated to be more than $27 Million
- Their support office is located at Norwest Business Park, Bella Vista, Sydney. It houses more than 3,000 support staff.
- More than 95% of the fresh meat, fruit, vegetables and seafood sold at Woolworths comes from Australia. They are absolutely committed to domestic sourcing
- Woolworths Limited has more than 420,000 shareholders. 40,000 shareholders are also employees of the company
Woolworths Limited is built on a passion for retail, attention to detail, working hard, enjoyment for challenging work and having fun! They offer a diverse range of career opportunities across all their brands for part-time, full-time or casual positions. The positions are available in various functional areas of the business including store operations, logistics and support services. – less