Woolworths Limited Employee Reviews

Found 1,502 reviews matching the search See all 2,215 reviews
Check- out Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rural View QLD14 October 2018
My day would consist of serving customers, packing shelves, handling money and dealing with other thing. The management reallt helped me and ecnouraged me to become better in this occupation. The hardest part of the job was when it got super bus and it woukld feel stressful at times but i got trough it. The bet thing about it was customes making my day better
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
rude customers sometimes
It's a job.
Inventory Team Member (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT9 October 2018
Not a professional environment.
It is similar to high school with pay, you do your chores and basic work and then gossip begins.

The job itself is simple and just about anyone can do it. To be honest I would rather not have an income then complete menial tasks for the rest of my life. If you need money and expect to move on to something better I recommend it. Just don't think of it as a career unless you have zero aspirations in life.
Pros
Simple, no skill.
Cons
Co-workers, Pay, Organisation of management, general feel of apathy.
Supportive
Assistant Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Muswellbrook NSW6 October 2018
Management were supportive and offered a positive environment to work within.
Not enough hours in a shift to make a difference. Culture within the service is positive, and there are many options to move within the company to promote skills and abilities
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Hours were not long enough per shift
Great place
Customer Service Attendant (Night Shift) (Former Employee) –  Taigum QLD4 October 2018
Great place to work. and very helpful to new starters. Also training is very good and management help and support is very good. Shifts are fare and training and other staff members are only to willing to help and let you know how you are going and very helpful staff members.
Pros
Discounted petrol
Cons
Late shifts
Fun
Inventory Manager / warehouse manager (Current Employee) –  Nhulunbuy NT3 October 2018
As a manager for the past 5 years I have found that the job is more of a family then coworkers, having a laugh and getting the job done is always a great thing. Great team, great people, great times.
Pros
Free accommodation
not so bad company
Customer service / Deli & Seafood (Former Employee) –  St Clair NSW27 September 2018
i loved working at woolworths but 1 thing i could not stand was management.... they used to treat me like i was worthless i felt very uncomfortable and i was scared to complain just in case i would get bullied
Productive fast paced workplace that has ups and downs
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Oran Park NSW27 September 2018
Working for Woolworths has been amazing, the hours can be long. Like most workplaces you do have the occasional rude customers.

Management is quick to correct your faults, the culture is fast paced with some slow days.
Pros
There is food provided
Good work enviornement
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Gawler SA26 September 2018
Was able to grow

Was able to supervise

Good people to work with

Learnt to deal with customers

Good management

Something to work on would be managerment needs better communication
learning experience
Replenishment Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cabramatta NSW26 September 2018
when I was at Woolworths I did work experience and I work in the perishables department. while I was their I learned stock rotation skills and customer service skills.
Its a god place to work.
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Larapinta QLD26 September 2018
Everyday is a good day to work , learned different experience from them . Management is alright , everyone is friendly , physical is the hardest part ,
fun work with a great team but unreachable expectations
Long-life manager (Former Employee) –  Roxby Downs SA22 September 2018
I really enjoyed working for Woolworths and met a lot of great people in my years of working for them. The culture is a one of brotherhood and comradery everyone help each other out to get through their tough days. The culture however, seems to come from the absolute need to depend on your workmates because Woolworth expectations of a store are unrealistic and even when achieved the hard working staff and management receive little to no reward.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
very long hours
Excellent company
Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC20 September 2018
Great teamwork and support provided through out all departments in the store.
Managers understanding of health and safety for individuals when working on the floor.
Deli Assistant
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mudgee NSW19 September 2018
A typical day at work, required, to be fast and efficient, to keep the display case looking presentable and ensuring it was full. I learnt lots about food handling.
I loved to interact with customers and help them with enquiries.
I gained product knowledge and worked well with fellow work mates.
The hardest part was at the Christmas rush, but i enjoyed being apart of the team.
My department mangers were good and i respected them greatly.
I was hired by other departments for my efficiency, such as bakery, long life and the meat unit.
Bad Management
CHECKOUT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Woolgoolga NSW19 September 2018
The managers were nasty and often not considering that their staff were often high school students. This meant it make it hard to take time off for exam periods.
Pros
Sometimes free food, small staff discount (5%)
Cons
Bad culture
Easy to balance with school or uni
Team Member (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD19 September 2018
Easy to balance with school and university and can be flexible with hours however, they predominately work on 5 hour shifts, so to be able to do a lot of hours it has to be over several days
Pros
flexible
Cons
pay rate
Fairly productive environment with set goals
Night Filler (Current Employee) –  Ermington NSW18 September 2018
The store overall is a fairly productive store with with each employee member working efficiently to complete their set tasks. However their needs to be better management and more workers in order to properly complete jobs.
Supportive and encouraging
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC17 September 2018
Great working culture. Really a good place to work as a team and the staff is supportive and encouraging. Good opportunities for the people who is willing to put effort.
Positive Work Environment
FRONT END TEAM SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Queensland12 September 2018
Woolworths is a great place to gain skills such as customer service and team skills. In my time there, I have learned how to communicate with customers and team members and build skills in the retail environment.
Flexable
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria Point QLD12 September 2018
Gives everyone good working hours day and night. Also allows people to pick their days and hours. Good people, good atmosphere. Easy work place, value in life lessons.
team discounts
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW11 September 2018
Working for Woolworths has many great team benefits. The company is great to work for, although at times the expectations can be unrealistic, leaving you with a lacking of achievement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woolworths Limited. Our community is ready to answer.