Woolworths Limited Employee Reviews

Found 1,632 reviews matching the search See all 2,403 reviews
Great work experience
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kawana QLD16 April 2019
The staff where great. So many friendly people so many great opportunity to learn about woolworth and its a great place to work or even a first time job
don't work here
Grocery Team Member (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD15 April 2019
Woolworths is by far the worst company I have worked for. Store managers and ASM's are beyond useless. Couldn't thing of a worse place to work. Plus the pay is pathetic for the amount of work you do.
Ok place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dunlop ACT14 April 2019
It's great if you get management who are nice. Be prepared for customers to complain if things aren't the way they like them. Be prepared to find parts of the job monotonous
happy workplace
Cashier/ team member (Current Employee) –  Warnbro WA 616910 April 2019
nice people, nice team members, easy place to make friends, the boss and management are all so welcoming and id definitely recommend this as a first-time job
Pros
made friends
Cons
wasnt organised
A good place to work
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Bella Vista NSW9 April 2019
Woolworths is a good place to work. There are a number of business units that collaborate in Bella Vista so it allows a wonderful opportunity to learn more about the whole business. It's a positive environment focussed on the customer and it's people. With a wide range of staff perks and flexibility, it's a really good place to work.
Pros
Health clubs, flexibility, inclusiveness, customer focussed
Cons
n/a
Fun Starting Job
TEAM MEMBER PRODUCE (Current Employee) –  Traralgon VIC9 April 2019
This was my first job from 16 and the people and atmosphere there was amazing to be around and made me really enjoy my job and being there as a team member. a typical day was generally just stock replenishment, customer service and registers.
clean work environment
Richmond - customer service/ front end team member (Former Employee) –  Richmond VIC8 April 2019
My typical day at work consisted of helping customers find various products around the store for customers. I also served, packed bags and processed payments for customers.
Pros
5% staff discount
Cons
Difficult customers
Productive and fun workplace
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Fairfield NSW7 April 2019
I did my work experience at Woolworths with my classmates, the tasks are done easier through teamwork. I've learnt front facing technique, re-stock produce and also cashier work. The workplace is calm and there's no pressure on the workers.
Pros
A deserving 1 hour break
Good overall
Store Assistant/Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Charnwood ACT 2615 and Dunlop4 April 2019
Stayed for 10 years in multiple departments managing a few at times.
It got more unbearable when I asked for help and management wasn't completing jobs which effect mine when I started early in the morning alone preparing the dock for incoming deliveries and also set up the Produce department
Pros
Was not salary - 38hrs a weeks only
Cons
management - Hippocrates - Not helping out correctly when asked
Good people, steady job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA2 April 2019
I've had a good experience working with Woolworths, first at Felixstowe and then Modbury Heights. Love the people i've worked with at both stores, and have found the work conditions acceptable and the job challenging and rewarding.
Pros
good people
Cons
not enough hours
point of view
(NSW) Stock Taker - Part Time (Current Employee) –  sydney and surrounding suburbs2 April 2019
Start early and some times finish early.
lots of traveling
can be dirty and messy work
constant use of maths
love the people i work with
the hardest part is getting up and starting work before sunrise
Pros
love my co-workers
Cons
fuel costs and traveling also getting up when it is still night out side of a morning.
Your experience may vary
Nightfill (Current Employee) –  bribane suburbs1 April 2019
Your team and managers will be the deciding factor as to whether the job is worthwhile.

Very physical work, no obvious motivation, benefit or reward for working hard, but it will decide how many hours you get offered.

If you work hard enough, you get to do the rest of the work other staff could not complete.

Great for casual income while studying.

Monotonous work, hard to keep a positive mindset when getting slammed by the in store radio on repeat at an excessive volume after the store has closed.

Decent benefits and discounts with partners.

If you enjoy opening boxes I can't recommend highly enough, good stress relief. Fairly easy going mentally, no pressure from customers.

7/10 would open boxes again
the break rooms were enjoyable
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW1 April 2019
The first time our new boss joined our workforce he introduce us to himself & gave us free food & a small yet enjoyable party, he was a tall and friendly man.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
tiring hours
over all great experience and alot of knowledge to take with me
Accounts Payable Officer (Former Employee) –  Hobart TAS28 March 2019
great company and atmosphere to work in
learned alot of great skills and knowledge to be taking with me was apart of the team for 6 months and learnt much
productive well working team
Dockman (Former Employee) –  Camden NSW28 March 2019
Working with Woolworths was a great learning experience that built on many of my work ethics and skills and teamwork skills, I regret having to leave this company.
Fast paced environment
Replenishment Team Member (Former Employee) –  Warilla NSW21 March 2019
Fast paced environment where you work as part of a team to fulfil you tasks of filling and customer service. Using registers and filling product to the shelves.
Good Company Overall
Pick Packer (Former Employee) –  Larapinta QLD19 March 2019
Everyone is friendly, management is good, learned how to use a voice picker, most enjoyable part is people, nothing hard about the job, ask for help and people will actually help you out.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
good leadership and friendly people
Retail Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bathurst NSW, Brisbane QLD17 March 2019
There is a variety of job opportunities at woolworths and a number of things to be taught, from packing shelves to cutting fruit and vegetable to handling meat and making fresh bread to serving the customer, its a great place to start in the workforce.
A productive work place
Deli Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birkdale QLD15 March 2019
a typical day at work would consist of slicing deli meats, putting away stock, serving customers setting up displays cabinets.
i learned occupational health and safety procedures and how to work within a team environment.
i found the management team very friendly and approachable.
it was great working with all other employers from different ethnic cultures.
closing of the deli was the hardest part of the job.
the most enjoyable part was serving customers and making sure they were satisfied with my customer service skills
Pros
working with good people
Very Structured workplace
Bakery Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Perth WA15 March 2019
Through my time here I met some great people , there was always something to do unless on checkouts if you had no customers it got a bit boring but that is the same at almost any retail workplace. The Manager was great, he had respect for his workers and was always understanding and helpful of problems while at work and was also flexible to your family needs outside of work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woolworths Limited. Our community is ready to answer.