Woolworths Limited Employee Reviews

Boring :s
Storeperson (Former Employee) –  Western Australia18 June 2018
The job is alright but it does require physical competency as for some day you are constantly picking 20kg for hours !! Make sure you get enough sleep.
Pros
Easy going staff.
Cons
Hard work & early am starts !
Decent job for student
PRODUCE TEAM MEMBER & SALES CLERK (Former Employee) –  Karingal VIC18 June 2018
Hard working, fast paced environment, in store training is not great, culture is okay, good pay for younger people.
I would reccomend this to any studient looking for a good pay after school hours. However, it is physically demanding so you must be ready for that.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
a lot to remember
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 June 2018
Terrible - customers are pushy and rude, and not much support from team. good pay though, and easy work most of the time - very repetitive and mind numbing
Good place and good teamwork
Service Cashier, Frond end team member (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT16 June 2018
Great place to work. I had a nice team. I have managed cash and card payments. I have helped customers to have a enjoyable supermarket experience. I have also helped my team with loading and cleaning.
Producer at St Ives
Produce Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Ives NSW15 June 2018
It was a good first job I think it's a job that I wouldn't do again. I wasn't earning enough money I couldn't work part time because of high school. Thanks
Pros
close to home and easy to get to work.
Cons
not enough hours and pay.
Fun workplace
Console Operator (Current Employee) –  Margate QLD 401912 June 2018
Woolworths Limited is a good company to work for. They look after their staff and treat everyone with kindness. The job is very well trained and each task is explained with a lot of detail
great place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT11 June 2018
make sure that we had enough stock and petrol
how to order stock
good management
work in a team
getting blamed for the price of petrol
good staff and hard worker
Pros
good managment
Cons
good work hours
pretty good
Packer (Former Employee) –  Kingston TAS11 June 2018
i enjoyed working at woolies i didnt get to work on the register i had skilled to pack groceries management was good the hardest of the job would be keeping customers happy
Productive and Challenging
Customer Service/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 June 2018
This was a night position and suited my worklife balance at the time. It provided a complete insight in the Production Chain within a larger company like Woolworths. It was challenging yet rewarding as most of the time was spent working autonomously
Casual Review
Night Fill Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ballina NSW6 June 2018
The work was very introverted as you'd expect as a night fill team member. You worked on your own, didn't really speak to anyone whilst working unless approached by a customer. Worked quietly and efficiently with as few nuances and mistakes as possible.

It's a lonely job for any extrovert but I'd recommend it to anyone without a rigid sleep schedule and who likes to work on their own with minimal communication with others.
Happy but need more security
LONGLIFE TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Tasmania4 June 2018
Pretty happy with my position at Woolworths in the Long Life Team. It is only that small contractual hours and lack of career development that leads me to seek other employment.
Fun place to work
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nowra NSW4 June 2018
I always enjoyed working because of the people and customers I come across. The hardest part of the job is to get sufficient working hours. Management is great as they do take care of the people who work.
Poor disciplinary action taken for unsatisfactory performance reviews of managers negatively portrays acceptance within the stores.
2IC customer service manager (Former Employee) –  Nambour QLD3 June 2018
Reformed management programs provide insufficient training regardless of expectations of the roles performed has evidently impacted customer service due to inexperience & lack of knowledge.
best teamwork
Meat Process Worker (Current Employee) –  Churchill QLD31 May 2018
It was my first time working in the meat factory in Australia. Supervisors really nice to everyone. Colleagues and I work efficiently, we know each other what they need or help.
work culture
Clerk/Service (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD30 May 2018
I was in charge of they then called country order which is now refined to pick and pack. I got shopping lists from various clients. Some lived on the island like Lizard Island. I shopped and packed it and a courier took it to the port to be delivered. I had to prioritise my work so that clients got their groceries when the barge was in. I occasionally had someone helping me. I also helped out at the checkout. Work ethics were good.
Pros
Work on my own
Cons
big shops
Limited growth and opportunities
Bakery Assistant / Deli Hand (Former Employee) –  Prahran VIC30 May 2018
A typical day involved cleaning out yesterdays stock, re-stocking, cleaning display units, price checking items, serving customers, cooking bakery items, and general cleaning and maintenance. The hourly rate was good on the weekends. Difficult culture.
Pros
Good hourly rate on Sundays
Cons
Difficult culture
woollies
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Taree NSW29 May 2018
was alright needed more hours managers were very depressing.

some team members were very lazy and got away with it as they socialised with the manager outside work
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
overall it is a job
Night filler (Former Employee) –  Yamanto QLD27 May 2018
once you get a job its hard to get a contract but once they have you where they want you they are more reluctant to give more hours and management is too easy to get into they take less time testing to see how the managers handle the stress and take more time barking ridiculous orders and giving impossible tasks
Pros
discount card
Cons
poor hours
head office. was much more relaxed than store level
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Mullumbimby NSW26 May 2018
Woolworths is a great place to work, Head office in Sydney where I spent most of my time is a great place to be, Activity's everyday freedom to move around the buildings. Stores however is much different. you are more restricted to your daily tasks and not many activity's at all. In saying that the team spirit drives you in your day and our lovely customers.
Pros
Head office lots of freebies
Cons
Stores not many freebies
Deli Assistant
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Karratha WA23 May 2018
Working fast, served a lot of customers, some new faces and some faces I've recognised before. Amazing work friends and an 'okay' workplace. Not enough hours and a rude manager.
Pros
money
Cons
Not enough break time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woolworths Limited. Our community is ready to answer.