Woolworths Limited Employee Reviews

Found 1,538 reviews matching the search See all 2,272 reviews
Work experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Werribee Plaza VIC11 December 2018
Learnt to borden and enhance skills in flexibility of work, use of technology and time management, build a clear mind of team collaborative approach in dealing with issues and completing objectives given.
it was ok
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT6 December 2018
i work as a checkout person, meeting and greeting customers. the staff where great too meet alot of people in this job, management where really good and very easy to talk to as well, i learned alot from this company
Productive and enjoyable place to work with great team members
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany WA3 December 2018
Early starts but i have learned to work well with a team, i've learned computer skills and good time management, it is a good
place to work it has its really busy days and we try to pull together as a team and it really helps when you like the people that you work with
Pros
Great Team Members
Cons
Early Starts
Was a nice place to work
Butcher (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 December 2018
Once again I shouldn't be forced to review a company I worked for, this should be something I can pass, unfortunately it is not so I will leave some bs.
Great place
Cashier/Trolley collector (Former Employee) –  Yarrawonga, AU30 November 2018
I really enjoyed my time working at Woolworths getting to work alongside a great time and get to know the locals and regulars of the store greeting them was one of my favourite parts of the job. Getting to help and interact with customers is something I enjoy immensely when working in retail.
Pros
Great people and friendly costumers
Cons
Can be stressful when you get the rare angry customer
Great support while I studied
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rosebud VIC29 November 2018
Ive been at uni for years and Woolworths always helped me achieve. Great benefits and staff. Allowed me time to study and work other more field related jobs
good people to work with
Customer service, cash tills, eftpos, stock (Former Employee) –  Kelso NSW29 November 2018
good hours and people to work with. learnt stock control, fuel management. Loved the customer contact and how sometimes we would make someones day just by being nice.
Enjoyable
NIGHTFILL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA26 November 2018
Have to be adaptable to the working conditions as it can change on a daily basis but all in all its a good place to work. Friendly management and staff.
Work Experience
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Victoria26 November 2018
Very enjoyable job at your own pace. No high demand to complete something. Overall would recommend to friends and would work their part time as a teen
Productive and fun
Customer Service / Checkout Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Balmain NSW24 November 2018
My typical day at work is quite interesting. I get to interact with all different kinds of customers and take care of their satisfaction. It is a versatile working place full of work culture and company citizenship.
Career
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Ashwood VIC22 November 2018
Woolworths is a company where you can have a good career and advance your way through the company. Woolworths is a good place where you can learn team work within the company
It was one of tbe best job ive ever had
Warehouse all rounder (Former Employee) –  Yennora NSW22 November 2018
If I was to go back to this job I was honestly go back, this job could help you save up and always get overtime and always have work for you. A place where you could always find work.
Pros
They always have barbecue every month
Cons
9 hours or more depends on orders
An overall very good place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Morang VIC20 November 2018
All working colleagues were helpful and friendly and it felt very welcoming to have that, they had treated me as if I were a contracted worker, and I very much appreciate there attitudes towards me. I was an enjoyable place to work as well. Overall, a very good team to work with.
Managers are too focused on profits and themselves
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW16 November 2018
It is well known that Woolworths in the past few years has been improving their profits each year, which has led to pay rises for the leading managers, but no difference has occurred at all for any workers. Working conditions are okay, but could be better e.g. the Air conditioner where I worked was broken and wasn't (still hasn't been fixed for 2+ years, meaning I always was sweating and uncomfortable when working. Plus the managers hold such an ego about themselves which ruins the enjoyment of employees as we are held responsible for more work than we are capable of performing within a given timeframe. For this reason, I left the job as the boss was constantly cutting hours to make more profit, but never was concerned with workers being able to handle the increased work loads placed on them.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
poor pay compared to other supermarkets, managers are always rude
great experiences
Cashier/bakery (Former Employee) –  Leeton NSW15 November 2018
i have learnt so much working here as i have been in most of the departments such a deli, meat,bakery,long life and check out. witch means i have learnt a lot of different experiences in the store such as dealing with money makes sure the customers get the products they like and making sure the correct tickets are up in place. i disliked having to work all most every weekend for a year straight when i first started and there are still bits and pieces i dislike. the company itself is wonderful and has taught me many different new things witch i think will help me out threw life. also can be a great and fun work place
Pros
liked the hours i was doing
Productive and fun workplace
Grocery Assistant/Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Bell Post Hill VIC14 November 2018
Hours were flexible for uni vs work vs social lifestyle
Everyone was always talkative and fun, yet knew how to get the job at hand done.
Plenty of different tasks daily to do.
Great people to work with
Customer Service - Online Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rockingham WA13 November 2018
Wonderful people to work with and Management is very good. Everyone is very helpful and there are always training reviews we have to complete which helps us understand our job
Pros
Great people to work with
Woolworths summary
Front Operator (Former Employee) –  Manly West QLD6 November 2018
a typical day at Woolworth would include me with sitting in the lunch room talking to other team members during breaks and before and after work. When i am at the checkouts i get to know my customers a become friends with them. I have learnt get customer service as well as learning how to deal with angry and aggressive customers. The management in woolworths could have been better, only because of not having enough staff on which then lead to having lines at the checkouts and extra stress on the team member who are working at the checkouts. The hardest part of the job was making sure that there was never any line up's but on the other side of things the most enjoyable part of this job was, whenever i had a shift the customer service manager who was only was always happy to be their which then made me feel great to be their.
Pros
free lunches every 4 months
Cons
not the best pay and not always getting our breaks
great place to work
Team Member for Click and Collect (Current Employee) –  Schofields NSW6 November 2018
Woolworths is a great, fun and rewarding place to work. All employees have a great work ethic and is an overall very enjoyable place to work every day.
productive workplace and fun
Longlife Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 November 2018
from working at Woolworths i enjoyed communicating with the customers and learning how to maintain the shop floor, looking after stock and packing shelves. being part of a team is the best part of the job as being able to help one another out made the workplace a more happier environment.
Pros
good lunch breaks
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woolworths Limited. Our community is ready to answer.