Woolworths Limited Employee Reviews in Brisbane QLD

Found 67 reviews matching the search See all 2,489 reviews
Productive + good benefits
Front End Team Member (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD9 July 2019
Was given good benefits, however shifts were very limited for a university student at my particular store. Good people to work with, roughly of the same age. I learned skills such as customer service, and dealing with cash. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with customers and staff.

The hardest part of the job was consistent hours as they were limited and was only on call despite being a casual.

Learned a lot however, skills that I can carry through further employment
Pros
Nice working environment
Cons
limited hours
don't work here
Grocery Team Member (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD15 April 2019
Woolworths is by far the worst company I have worked for. Store managers and ASM's are beyond useless. Couldn't thing of a worse place to work. Plus the pay is pathetic for the amount of work you do.
good leadership and friendly people
Retail Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bathurst NSW, Brisbane QLD17 March 2019
There is a variety of job opportunities at woolworths and a number of things to be taught, from packing shelves to cutting fruit and vegetable to handling meat and making fresh bread to serving the customer, its a great place to start in the workforce.
Woolworth's
Pick Packer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD12 March 2019
I had a well experience working at Woolworth's DC i have learned and gained a lot of skills working with such friendly outgoing stuff members i also recommend this facility for anyone.
Woolworths Review Summary
Delicatessen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD29 January 2019
Wonderful place to work. I learned how to work in a deli. Management were fun and helpful. I learned cleaning skills, meat prep skills, team skills, customer service skills. I enjoyed working with the people the most.
Perfect job for anyone either trying to figure out what they want to do, or who is attending uni and needs the extra money.
Nightfill/Night Replenishment (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD16 October 2018
Pretty much as the title states; I wouldn't want to work here forever, but it is decent pay for minimal/easy work. Although it can get draining and if you're working drinks then you need to watch your lifting form or you'll end up REAL sore/with back problems later on in life.
Pros
Easy work, friendly environment (depending on your store)
Cons
Consistent bending/lifting
Easy to balance with school or uni
Team Member (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD19 September 2018
Easy to balance with school and university and can be flexible with hours however, they predominately work on 5 hour shifts, so to be able to do a lot of hours it has to be over several days
Pros
flexible
Cons
pay rate
Negative and exhausting
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD8 September 2018
Alot of people enjoy it although everyone I worked with always complained that they want to go home.
Plus standing on your feet at a register and not moving from one spot for hours at a time really takes a toll on you. I used to be happy if I had to clean so that I could walk a few meters and move my legs.
Pros
Making friends
Cons
Everything else
Regular job culture. Reliable.
2iC Nightfill Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD1 August 2018
Depends on the position you hold. The jobs are secure, but they demand a lot of their management for their pay scale.

They're weak on keeping abusive managers in check. Not merely demanding and hard managers. Genuinely abusive.
Pros
Job stability.
Cons
Some toxic management.
hard work, long hours
Bakery/Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD12 July 2018
I ended up as a bakery manager which required loading and unloading ovens.
the job became very difficult to maintain.
I ended up leaving and worked for petbarn as a store manager
Pros
nice people
Cons
Fun workplace for young students
Checkout Operator (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD9 May 2018
Woolworths is a good job; good for young students who are studying full time. Working here is very relaxed and most of the staff get a long. The most enjoyable part of the job is having a good chat to customers.
Enjoyable shop
Cashier/Customer Service; assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Northside QLD1 May 2018
Usually spent different days in different departments. Enjoyable moments spent doing opens and closes in the fresh food departments. Hardest part was cleaning up after lazy staff as well as close down a different department.
Productive.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD21 April 2018
Very casual work. Learnt a lot about customer service and sales. Was good experience and I believe it has helped me in the hospitality industry very much.
Cons
little hours.
Good first job
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD15 April 2018
Good place to start working life. Most employee's easy to get along with. can be heavy work on the back with twisting and lifting. But learned a fare bit in the sales industry
Supportive
Cashier/Deli Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD27 March 2018
Woolworths is a supportive environment who focus on team building skills and communication. Everyone is always happy to help out no matter what the question is.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Working weekends
productive
Cashier/Deli Team Member (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD12 March 2018
Productive day at work. Nice easy job though you need to be ready for negativy that comes at you unexpectedly. I learn soo much in the just one department. Seeing the customers with a smile is my most enjoyable time at work.
Good start, long term not good.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD25 February 2018
I pride myself in customer service. At the last place i worked in, i felt very unappreciated. Management became very bad, ive worked in 3 stores already and all very similar. It's sad to see workers not appreciated.
its ok
Grocery, Produce and Customer Service Team Member (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD18 October 2017
depends on the store you work at and how its managed. some are run really well how every others can be the other way.

other then that it can be a good place to start your working life
It's a good first job
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD4 October 2017
Working there was excellent as a first time job, you can get good hours. I just had a poor experience with one of my floor managers. Other than that, it is a reasonable work environment however is not suited for taller people due to heights of equipment.
fun work place
Cake decorator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD26 July 2017
Like working with all types of people meeting all kinds staff from many different stores around brisbane . Love the work life because it was easy most days
Pros
free lunch
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woolworths Limited. Our community is ready to answer.