Woolworths Limited Employee Reviews in Melbourne VIC

Found 76 reviews matching the search See all 2,489 reviews
Great Work place
Price Controller and Inventory Support (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia21 May 2019
Everyone is really well spoken and accepting at woolworths. the work culture at woolies is the best. Led the department for over 9 months being a new comer the bosses supported me very well.
Pros
free lunches, team recognitions
Productive Role
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC12 May 2019
I enjoyed working at Woolworths meat company because it had various skills set that I learnt to perform one of them was operating machines where we put meats into the machines and turn them into sausages.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Excellent Employer with opportunities for development
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 May 2019
Woolworths is classed among the best employers. It is a fun place to work. There's every opportunity to be your best baring personal interests that can sometimes override overall company objectives. (this happens everywhere). Woolworths allow its employees to be innovative to achieve set objectives.
Safety comes first. there's no job too urgent that cannot be accomplished safely.
Pros
Discounts for employees
Cons
Not enough support/encouragement for Middle level managers
work you like a dog
Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC16 April 2019
Get paid less then coles for the same job role and they will use and abuse you in every department . They will put you on casual for years before even thinking about putting you on a contract and dont think about personal lives.
at work place
Console Operator (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 March 2019
It all starts with building a great retail team that listens to customers, team members, and suppliers. Through our Voice of the Customer programme across our brands, our store teams and Support Office receive daily feedback from our customers. This means our team can focus every day on continuing to improve our offer and shopping experience for our customers.
Genuine Corporate
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC25 February 2019
Fast paced worked there for 20 years so developed from a Tech Services Specialist to an IT Project Manager

Great place to work but had to leave to further develop my career
Pros
Environment
Cons
Implementation of project out of hours mid to 6am
Excellent company
Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC20 September 2018
Great teamwork and support provided through out all departments in the store.
Managers understanding of health and safety for individuals when working on the floor.
Supportive and encouraging
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC17 September 2018
Great working culture. Really a good place to work as a team and the staff is supportive and encouraging. Good opportunities for the people who is willing to put effort.
okay workplace rude management
Woolworths (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC25 July 2018
The Manager of my area is known to be rude and hostile to employees but is somehow still working there and has not only upset myself but others.
I saw some workplace bullying from another employee to one of a certain ethnic group
Pros
Cons
The management
Pay is okay
Produce manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC9 July 2018
The workplace has a nice culture depending who the store manager is. Pay is quite good but the workload is also demanding. IN term of making career here, it is possible if you are willing ot show the attitude to do so and your work ethic
Productive workplace
Console Operator (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC5 July 2018
The best place to work good management awesome and supportive manager and team members always very helpful to new team member work place benefits are also very good
Productive and Challenging
Customer Service/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 June 2018
This was a night position and suited my worklife balance at the time. It provided a complete insight in the Production Chain within a larger company like Woolworths. It was challenging yet rewarding as most of the time was spent working autonomously
A place with a lot of diversification.
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 April 2018
A fun and wonderful place where u meet people from all walks of life. Good career growth opportunities and good training provided.
Also a great chance to work with customers directly and to know their likes or dislikes.
Pros
good training
Cons
a lot of physical work.
Not a good place to work
All Rounder (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 March 2018
Workplace is ok the management is disgusting. Was let off without warning or being notified. The manager was rude to staff and customers however she kept her job because she was friends with the boss.
Not very fun to work at
Customer Service, registers (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 December 2017
to be honest woolworths is not the best job to have, its not a very fun place to work, i tend to get really bored while serving customers, or even waiting for them. And the don't really give me many shifts, even though i have been there for more than a year and I'm very reliable.
Great workplaces to work at
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 November 2017
All my previous jobs I had personally enjoyed. Fast paced and overall great environment to be in. Only downfall would be the hours I worked. Doing night shift, you'd be asleep during the day in order to be well rested for your shift and at night be at work. The family and work balance can be really hard at time, vice versa with working early morning shift.
Pros
PAY RATES! Free food once a month. Meal allowences ect..
Cons
Family and work balance `
fun place to work due to frienships
Long-life team member/ cashier (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC25 September 2017
Stacking shelves, working on specials displays.
Helping customers with enquiries and special orders.
Management was sub par, poor roster distribution and lack of professional communication and loyalty
Hardest part of job: physically taxing
Most enjoyable part of job was helping customers and the general interaction with people within the role
Cons
latenight shifts
felexible
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC12 July 2017
really good place to work. they care about their team. They respect the fact i need time off for exams and uni commitments. and they have lovely staff
Nice security in job
Grocery/ nightfall/relief manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC20 June 2017
Good security in job, decent pay, good people to work with, chances of advancing in particular role , can learn new skills, safe general working environment,
Pros
Good job security
Cons
Productive and good team work
Assistant store manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia12 June 2017
Good work place, nice and friendly environment, good management experience, cooperative management, systematically processes for staff and their training as well as development.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woolworths Limited. Our community is ready to answer.