Woolworths Limited Employee Reviews for Deli Associate

Found 94 reviews matching the search See all 2,448 reviews
Enjoyable happy environment
Deli assistant (Former Employee) –  Campbelltown NSW 256031 May 2019
Everyone works as a team, are very strict about safety as well as food safety and OH&S safety. The managers are very friendly and make sure you feel comfortable in your work environment.
Pros
Cookies and donuts from the bakery
Cons
The smell of seafood
not recommended
DELI ASSISTANT/ MEAT ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Belmont WA15 May 2019
i do not recommend working for woolworths
there is no management no communication, no staff, no benefits, underpaid overworked, abused, no stock, food quality is disgusting
Pros
Na
Cons
overworked underpaid under staffed
Great work experience
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kawana QLD16 April 2019
The staff where great. So many friendly people so many great opportunity to learn about woolworth and its a great place to work or even a first time job
Woolworths Review Summary
Delicatessen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD29 January 2019
Wonderful place to work. I learned how to work in a deli. Management were fun and helpful. I learned cleaning skills, meat prep skills, team skills, customer service skills. I enjoyed working with the people the most.
Happy team environment
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Taree NSW15 January 2019
* Getting to make customers happy while they purchase their items, and making sure the freshest of stock is available at all times.

* I've learned a lot over the past years being at Woolworth, how to interact with customers, how to rotate stock, how to teach people how to open and close a deli of a morning and night, I've also learned a lot about the products we sell so i can give customers some knowledge of the product they're buying or what might suit them in whatever they're looking for it.

* Management in this industry is crucial, i know this as i have had training in being 2IC while being 3IC.
Management is needed due to our store being run correctly, as it help making our customers happy.

* There isn't really a hard part of the job, its pretty easy going because the team know what the're doing, and if you ever get stuck , there is always someone you can ask who is willing to help.

*I'd say the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the customers happy at the end of their shop or experience with us.
While cleaning is a big part of my job in the deli, i'd also say doing it correctly and seeing what you have accomplished at the end of the shift makes me feel really good about my department and in what i do.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
When people call in sick
Deli Assistant
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mudgee NSW19 September 2018
A typical day at work, required, to be fast and efficient, to keep the display case looking presentable and ensuring it was full. I learnt lots about food handling.
I loved to interact with customers and help them with enquiries.
I gained product knowledge and worked well with fellow work mates.
The hardest part was at the Christmas rush, but i enjoyed being apart of the team.
My department mangers were good and i respected them greatly.
I was hired by other departments for my efficiency, such as bakery, long life and the meat unit.
good place to work, a lot of work to do, friendly customers, nice staff
2IC deli (Former Employee) –  Port Hedland WA25 August 2018
enjoyable place to work with a very multi cultural staff, which can be challenging but we seem to communicate and get along well. Very busy every day always things to be done which is good time flies and i enjoy being busy.
a company that looks after its own
Delicatessen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mossman QLD22 July 2018
Woolworths is a great company to work for, there are plenty of different areas to work in around the store, and they treat there employees as real people and not just numbers.
Good working environment
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Balgowlah NSW27 June 2018
Good working culture, friendly and cooperative staff. In addition to that there is a good learning environment. The best part of my job is that I enjoy each and every aspect of my job.
Deli Assistant
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Karratha WA23 May 2018
Working fast, served a lot of customers, some new faces and some faces I've recognised before. Amazing work friends and an 'okay' workplace. Not enough hours and a rude manager.
Pros
money
Cons
Not enough break time
Making new friends
Delicatessen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gundagai NSW28 March 2018
I love working for Woolworths it is a very rewarding career and every day is a new day, customers make your day go faster and i always had a conversation with each and everyone to make sure that my customer service is exceptional.
Supportive
Cashier/Deli Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD27 March 2018
Woolworths is a supportive environment who focus on team building skills and communication. Everyone is always happy to help out no matter what the question is.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Working weekends
productive
Cashier/Deli Team Member (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD12 March 2018
Productive day at work. Nice easy job though you need to be ready for negativy that comes at you unexpectedly. I learn soo much in the just one department. Seeing the customers with a smile is my most enjoyable time at work.
well enjoyed
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Inala QLD28 February 2018
loved working for Woolworths only reason i left was because i had a high risk pregnancy and doctors suggested it would be for the best other then that i had a great experience
Friendly and Supportive.
Crew member, Deli worker, Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Riverside TAS16 February 2018
I worked at Woolworths Riverside for nearly four years. I loved working there. The people are kind, the management are supportive and everyone looks out for everyone in the store.
Although I was nervous at first (like every 14-15 year old starting a new job), the team opened me up with their beautiful personalities.
I was able to be cross-department trained and received leadership responsibilities as my time and experience there grew.
I am so happy that I got to work at this store, it could not have been a more supportive and encouraging place for a student to have worked in.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Store needs refurbishment
fun environment
Deli Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kalgoorlie WA4 February 2018
a great place to learn things new always on the go always under the pump people are wonderful. fun environment the work place culture i like as it employs different cultured people and helps the disability get back into the work force.
Pros
breaks are good
Cons
enough work
General work life
Deli Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hackham SA8 January 2018
Everyone was friendly and workplace was fairly flexible.

I worked here as a teen and really enjoyed worked well while I was attending school and still compromised with working and school hours
hard job
Deli Assistant Casual (Current Employee) –  Revesby NSW7 January 2018
long hours, high expectations and I have difficulties getting workable shifts ( one week in a fortnight I have 2 instances where I have to start work 10 hours after I finish)
great place
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  kearny springs toowoomba qld4 January 2018
the store are great with the new improvements that have been made the staff are friendly and helpful and the parking for cars are very easy for the disable
Pros
nice people
Cons
under staffed
ok
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Modbury Heights16 December 2017
they were ok to work for I wanted more hours they couldn't give them to me so I left . I would set up the cabinets in the deli and help with the daily running of it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woolworths Limited. Our community is ready to answer.