Woolworths Limited Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Found 67 reviews matching the search See all 2,453 reviews
Great starting job.
Supervisor and Store Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD16 June 2019
Got this job when I was in High School, was promoted 6 months after working there, and then promoted again after i graduated.

all Staff are friendly, management is amazing, and everyone will go above and beyond to make you feel safe at this workplace
Pros
good starting job
Cons
nothing
Good overall
Store Assistant/Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Charnwood ACT 2615 and Dunlop4 April 2019
Stayed for 10 years in multiple departments managing a few at times.
It got more unbearable when I asked for help and management wasn't completing jobs which effect mine when I started early in the morning alone preparing the dock for incoming deliveries and also set up the Produce department
Pros
Was not salary - 38hrs a weeks only
Cons
management - Hippocrates - Not helping out correctly when asked
good leadership and friendly people
Retail Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bathurst NSW, Brisbane QLD17 March 2019
There is a variety of job opportunities at woolworths and a number of things to be taught, from packing shelves to cutting fruit and vegetable to handling meat and making fresh bread to serving the customer, its a great place to start in the workforce.
Stable Work
Store team member (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge QLD27 February 2019
Consistent and reliable work. Management varies from store to store. Opportunities to relocate or move upward, training available for self-development.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Handover quality
very interesting
RETAIL SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Greenbank QLD9 January 2019
At Woolworths you were faced with many different customers. You have your regulars that came in every week to do their shopping and you grew a good bond with them which was very good. Some of the managers were amazing but you cant go into a job knowing that your going to get along with every single person. But other than that it was an amazing job.
fresh
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waverley Gardens, Vic, AU11 December 2018
did work placement nice people but didn't really give much information on what else needed to be done when I ask and didn't get paid for doing work expiernce
Under staffed and over worked
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bulli NSW31 October 2018
Management is poor, workplace culture is just as bad, is an easy job but is difficult when hours are constantly being cut because Woolworths is "trying" to save money. Woolworths are always trying to find a way to cut budgets, so much so that my job will probably be redundant in a few more years.
Pros
free fruit (at some stores)
Cons
poor workplace environment
fun people to work with
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Strathpine QLD22 October 2018
Woolworths people are fun to work with but the hours are not the best and your weekends are thrown out the window unless you can fit everything in a day and a half. Other than that the customers would have to be the most enjoyable but also part of the most hardest part of the job which would be clean the whole deli.
Pros
no pros
Cons
long hours short amont of time for a brake
fun, chill
In Store Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ingleburn NSW24 July 2018
good environment with okay management. other employees are nice and understand how to train new employees. however, would been better if employees that trained new employees allocated other training that involves anything other than facing
short time but enjoyed it
Retail Assistant night shift (Former Employee) –  Roxby Downs SA11 July 2018
I was only at Woolworth for a short time but the time i had there wasn't that good at all. I lived 60kms away and was very young with no license. relying on others to get me to work was not very good.
Fun place to work
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nowra NSW4 June 2018
I always enjoyed working because of the people and customers I come across. The hardest part of the job is to get sufficient working hours. Management is great as they do take care of the people who work.
Amazing
Longlife/Store Team Member (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach QLD23 April 2018
Woolworths is an amazing company to work for although you must remember that at the end of the day you are just a number to the boss and you are expendable.
Pros
Great work family
Cons
Stressful
No room for growth
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wickham WA1 March 2018
Very repetitive job that doesn’t allow for any growth within the company, minimum wage makes it impossible to live off of a career in woolworths. Ok for a first job but not an option for a lifelong career
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Lousy pay
Turn over in career
Retail Operator ( Joined from 20th (Former Employee) –  Mona Vale NSW27 February 2018
a great platform to develop career, skills in retail sectors. this place is perfect for me as being a international student. It has helped me to understand and learn the lifestyle of many people living in australia.
Good start, long term not good.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD25 February 2018
I pride myself in customer service. At the last place i worked in, i felt very unappreciated. Management became very bad, ive worked in 3 stores already and all very similar. It's sad to see workers not appreciated.
Depending on the store you work in as to how well or badly the work environment is
Store Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD10 February 2018
The store that I worked for had many changes of store managers in the time that I worked there not only in the departments but also with the store manger themselves, in the 6 years I worked for the company there were at least 4 different store mangers and at least 5 different department manger changes. This leads to lots of confusion with the stafff and if they are doing the right thing or not, moral can be very low at times because there is never any consistency with how the store is run, and the communication from the store manager to the staff whom work in the departments can be really terrible at times where important messages never even reach the ears of the staff doing the work. There can be a lot of favourites with the store and department managers where some staff get overlooked for roles for the favourites who at not even know how to do the job right, r the favourites get given te same tasks over and over again not giving any other members of staff the chance to learn how to do new roles within the store. Keep in mind this is all from my experience in the last store I worked in, this is not for all woolworths stores.
Pros
Not many really apart from the 5% discount card, and the long service leave when I reach 10 yrs of service
Cons
Depending on the store there can be many otherwise there aren’t many cons to working for Woolworths
Fun
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springbank6 February 2018
Liked my job but started a family... I worked early hours to set up the deli department during the week I worked 3-7 everyday to be home for my kids which I really appreciated
Pros
Friends
Cons
No cons
Career Development
Store Team Member (Former Employee) –  Neutral Bay NSW3 January 2018
Been involved in complex work in Woolworth's Ltd  and self decision making in same company for more than a years I had gained plenty of  experience business skill level.
Woolworths got me back into the workforce on a part time basis and provided on the job training
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kwinana and Rockingham WA27 December 2017
We had a good team environment and I formed long term friendships with the girls working along side me. There was always more hours available if I required and support from the immediate management
Pros
Good working hours around my family commitments
Cons
Never had any complaints
Productive and Fun Workplace
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Broadmeadows VIC1 December 2017
During my one week experience at Woolworths was fantastic. I enjoyed working with people at different ages. Though i did not get much experience there but i did learn how to speak to customers, help them with their shopping and getting to know the isles and how they work. the hardest part that i experienced was returning the items that werent in the right place back to their shelf. the easiest part was going to every isle and collecting the empty boxes and crushing them when i was done. funnest part was in the bakery having to bake cookies.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woolworths Limited. Our community is ready to answer.

Woolworths Limited Reviews by Location