Woolworths Supermarket Employee Reviews

Found 1,208 reviews matching the search See all 1,233 reviews
Very productive, fun , loved my job meeting new people every day.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Seymour VIC18 February 2019
I would recommend anyone looking for a job to work at Woolworths for it has great benefits and very rewarding. Always looking after there employees. So much fun & never a dull moment.
Pros
Rewarding
Productive work environment
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Mayfield NSW18 February 2019
A typical day at work consisted of manning a checkout for the entirety of the shift and taking the required breaks.
I learnt proper customer service skills and how to handle customer complaints.
Not a bad place to work but there are a lot of internal politics and favouritism going on
Butcher (Current Employee) –  Swansea NSW18 February 2019
Don’t mind working for them but there is a lot of internal politics and more who you know not what you know , I’m saying that if you can put up with that the money is pretty good
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Frankston VIC17 February 2019
loved it
work was fun never had a dull momemnt
hardest part was being abused by pretentious customers
also it was so fun working with amazing peiple that was the best part of the job
Pros
free food
Cons
off milk
great job
REPLENISHMENT TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  morayfield,qld14 February 2019
i love the job but the pressure and the stress was too much for me
i keep ending up in hospital because i keep stressing out and having a anxiety attack i leave for the healthy reasons that the reason why
Pros
30mins or hour inpens how many hours you do
Cons
two 10mins break
Great place to work unless you're management
Longlife Team Member (Former Employee) –  Plainland QLD12 February 2019
I worked for over 13 years for Woolworths. I was much happier when I stepped down from department management to be a regular team member. Work hard, go home. Easy.
Pros
Fairly secure. If you work you'll keep your job.
Cons
Pressure by each level of management on the level below
customer first with empathy
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Bribie Island QLD12 February 2019
customer service, team work, communication, ordering stock, stocking shelves, very physical job. the most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with happy customers. team meetings. learning about the products.
Produce Team Member (Current Employee) –  Oxenford QLD6 February 2019
Working at Woolworths offers a lot of opportunities such as produce, deli and meat department. Woolworths is a great way to gain experience and employment in that type of industry.
Woolworths
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Qld5 February 2019
Plenty of opportunities to learn new skills in several fresh food departments. Can be physically demanding demanding on department working in. Fast paced work environment day go quickly.
Pros
People
Cons
Physically demanding
It's okay
Service Cashier (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 February 2019
Good work place but they don't seem to look after their staff members. I don't get rostered on shifts, I only get called in with not much notice. Not much communication when deal/promos are on - not all the staff members are informed of what is going on.
job accuirements
Woolworths (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW30 January 2019
getting to know people, to be a hard worker and to have an excellent communication with other workers and to have respect to the people around me and be willing to take early or night shifts
Pros
having breaks for a minimum of 10 minutes
Cons
having late shifts
Great for a start
Nightfill (Former Employee) –  Tamworth NSW29 January 2019
Woolworths is a great company for people just starting out in the workforce, however don't expect to climb the ladder too quickly, 4 years working there and just stopped receiving shifts with no explanation and just received separation certificate in the mail.
Pros
Great start
Cons
Poor Management
Team work
Customer/Self Service Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Brookwater QLD28 January 2019
The team is there when you need them, They help out, everybody is there for each other, they do have good roster times, and you meet new people and make friends for life.
Productive and Strict workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Bateau Bay NSW27 January 2019
When attending work at woolworths, often the managers and supervisors will assign me to either a register to serve customers or I will be placed into self serve to assist customers if they have problems with machines and reduce theft.
On day to day basis, often the routine stays the same and occasionally I will learn something new about fixing the machines.
The management team of woolworths, are strict and efficient however it keeps the workplace noticeably inline.
The workplace culture, whilst is safe and organised - it is work and is not a place to talk or shift from the original job.
The hardest part of the job, would be when something beyond my control happens and it upsets and angers the customer, whilst the most enjoyable aspect of my career is the reliability of having a part-time hours and shifts.
Pros
Friendly employees
Cons
customers who yell
Customer service - Teller (Former Employee) –  Wynnum QLD27 January 2019
Customer Service, Teller - enjoyed the busy work, learned social skills talking with the customers and helping them deal with any problems they had.
Management was friendly and always available when in doubt.
The hardest part of the job was if I had a difficult customer and knowing how to deal with the issue, always summoned the floor manager for assistance.
Enjoyed the social interaction with other team members.
easy and flexible job, however boring
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD27 January 2019
Alright first job, however it becomes very boring after being there for a long time.The job itself is easy and the hours are quite flexible making it a good job for a uni student.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
boring
working instore
Shelf Stacker (Former Employee) –  Kerang VIC21 January 2019
at first i thought i was going to be maybe full time but i was wrong and left the company very angry! The staff i worked with were very helpful and always were there to help if i had any problems,the first manager was ok but when the next manager came in place of him i never saw him.
Working in the Deli at Woolworth's
Assistant (Strathpine) (Former Employee) –  Strathpine QLD21 January 2019
My last 6 years with Woolworth's, I was working in the Deli as an Assistant, working days and nights and weekends. Working with Woolworths was very busy all work and no play. Following procedures and filling the shelves and displaying product neatly, making sure the price was displayed correctly, in between serving customers, as they were always short of staff or someone didn't turn up for there shift, was very demanding. Filling out safety checks, and doing temperature checks, making sure we're following the right policies and procedures. You would only see a Manager when the Higher Management were in the store or when they were going to call a staff meeting. No, you did see a Manager when you were called out the back to there office for one of the younger staff members not filling out the food safety book correctly and the older staff member would get the blame for. The hardest part of the job was keeping it clean and tidy, as the younger staff members untidy and the senior staff would get the blame because they were not trained properly right from when they were inducted. They don't even train them these days, they're thrown in the jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job is you make good friends with your workmates and customers when you can talk to them and meeting new customers.
Pros
Start time and a finish time. It's good the get paid. Customer Service is great, staff and customers.
Cons
Not the best of pay, but it's something. Long hours, We had to work weekends and a night..
Great place to work, great team leaders and managers and staf
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Craigieburn VIC,21 January 2019
My day starts with going in a bit early and taking a quick walk through my department and. prepare myself for the day. Look for any health and safety issues that may have occurred after my shift had finished.
Pros
Job can be challenging sometimes but rewarding aswel
Cons
Not enough hours in the day
Secure with room to grow
Deli Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield QLD13 January 2019
Management placed a large amount of pressure on department managers, often expected to work long hours with shorter breaks and less staff than required. Woolworths did allow me to work in various departments and gain management experience with a great salary. I made solid friendships and gained quality referees for future opportunities.
Pros
Staff lunches for Christmas etc, Going away cake, free coffee, good salary
Cons
Long hours and high expectations on managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woolworths Supermarket. Our community is ready to answer.