Woolworths Supermarket
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Woolworths Supermarket Employee Reviews

Australia3,542 reviews
Found 3,542 reviews matching the search
It was always busy and plenty of work to do. I learned how to clean well training and chemicals. Management would always offer help and training. The hardest part while working at Woolworth's I would say was when we would get rush hour and we would not have enough staff to help us out. My favorite part working in the Deli department would be cleaning after each shift. I enjoyed keeping everything neat and organized and feeling satisfied with my work at the end of the day.
Pros
Made life long friends
Cons
I went for work experience to Woolworths bass hill and they are so mean. I was doing my work well and they treated me like I didn't know what I was doing and I didn't know how to do my work. they looked at each other and laughed and made me feel insecure I hated it
Pros
Cons
judgemental, mean
I worked back in 2000 doing night fill as a casual. For $9/hr. I made some really good friends whilst working there. It was a great first job.

My hours were reduced to 1 shift per week, i suspect because i was talking too much. If u muck around you will find they will give you less hours. As a form of punishment. Not happy with management's approach at reducing hours.

In the end after leaving i was making more $ on Centrelink and working no hours. who are they kidding?
Pros
Making great friends
Cons
If you want work and life balance with handsome salary/wages this is the place, respect as a employee, someone in management higher you can talk to, want to step up in your work life then go to woolworths.
Pros
Everything except some which you can easily ingone.
Cons
Don't let indigenous work alone aboriginal people get bullied.I'm aboriginal a nice person to everyone. Racism is still ongoing and no one does anything. Management wouldn't help the union tried to help. I was full time i just walked away no one could help me.
Cons
I worked on the registers and I enjoyed being there. The managers where I worked were amazing and understanding. My department manager was a very patient person. I actually enjoyed being at work.
Pros
Lots of staff and room for growth good job under 21,with retail training on offer,uniforms provided,money always paid and superannuation ,and close to home
Pros
Discount and shares offer
Cons
Long hours shift work
online driver now for 10 months. No one at the dock care. Yes they are for the most part freindly to talk to. But if i got hit by a car they wouldnt budge.
Pros
as a driver i get to where i am going and dont stress about time.
Cons
unpredictable work flow.
I’m really sorry but I don’t understand
If anything call me please

0421477572I’m really interesting

on this Job please

And I are used to working with domestic cleaning thank you
It was alright not great though it was hard being night shift as the hours where super late there was also no one my age who worked there so pretty boring
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Woolworths Supermarket?
Having job is better than no job. Currently just surviving and waiting for better opportunities. Willing to work in IT based job. Want to be a business analyst or ICT manager.
Got to learn and polish various soft skills and learned new Technical Skills.
Overall, great place to work, develop and grow.

The workplace culture is very cooperate and helpful.
Various opportunity to learn. There are career opportunity within the company to grow. Good leadership and management skills can be learnt at all times within a group.
fast paced but productive, always something to do sometimes stressful but with the right team helping each other anything is accomplished. Great team atmosphere
Pros
coffee provided, occasionally lunch provided, actual recognition from management when you have been doing a good job.
Cons
sometimes understaffed, some departments refused to help others even if they were trained in said areas/departments
The work was physically demanding and required quick thinking in a fast paced environment. The work culture was excellent and the staff were very friendly and showed a willingness to help others. The hours are flexible and OT was usually available.
in all truth i feel like i wasnt getting the right amount of pay for the work i was doing & there for had to quit due to finacial hardship & family issues.
having said that i think it was a good place to work the staff were nice & polite, easy to get along with.
Pros
great employees, great customers
Cons
not enough hours & every time i asked for more hours it seemed that my hours were being cut.
I was employed by woolworths for 34 years as deli seafood manager. I loved dealing with customers and meeting there needs, to make there shopping a pleasant experiment. My reason for leaving was redundant.
Pros
Happy safe place to work
Cons
work balance
Great place to work, good teamwork, make a lot of mates. Good money.
Only downside I found, was needing to work Saturday's.

As a casual, maintain steady pick rate percentage, will be better off.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Weekend work
Woolworths customer Hub uses the worst system in the world. It's like using a website to manage customer enquiries. The KPI is also managed with what customers say in a survey
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Slow system
I would never ever work for these idiots ever again. I was treated like trash ever since the day l started and will not recommend working there to anyone
Pros
Cons
Bullying
Woolworths are pretty good to work for.
If you are looking for advancement opportunities don’t get too excited it’s quite difficult to move form casual up to anything close to full time.
Pros
Pay is always in on time
Cons
Hard to advance
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woolworths Supermarket. Our community is ready to answer.
1.5K