Woolworths Supermarket Employee Reviews

Found 1,177 reviews matching the search See all 1,201 reviews
Not Happy
Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW10 November 2018
They don’t appreciate the work you do for them even though your a really hard worker there is no appreciation at all. Overall management structure there is none. They need to properly train the people they want as managers properly. Ended up having to learn all the new stuff on my own. Wasn’t happy with the life and work balance. Work just takes over. They don’t care at all about your health and your safety. They just want everything as in product wise out and ready by a certain time. It’s like they don’t care about the quality. They care about the quantity and satisfaction of others; then our own. No a happy environment at all
Pros
Getting to know new people
Cons
Long hours, no proper breaks
I gained many skills
Online personal shopper ?Senior supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bathurst NSW24 November 2018
Woolworths taught me a lot about running a business and how to manage time and go beyond meeting company targets. Woolworths allowed me to further my customer service, team building and leadership skills. More importantly,i gained excellent customer service skills and realtionships with team members and customers.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities
Cash register, main lanes, bakery and deli
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 November 2018
Work experience for my food technology class of year 11. Was a very professional place to work for 2 weeks, enjoyed the people’s company there, loved the work (even though I was not paid), close to home, my regular place of shopping so it was refreshing to see how they do things on the other side of the counter.
Pros
Tea breaks
Cons
Standing up for long periods of time in the one spot
Produce and checkout (Former Employee) –  Burleigh Heads QLD8 December 2018
stacking fruit and working on checkout when its busy. I have learned customer service, how to work in a team environment and communication skills. The management was well organised. The hardest part of the job was for me was lifting things as i'm only a 15 year old girl but that was expected. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing people smile.
Pros
discout card and long breaks.
Work Place Enviroment
Produce Team Member (Current Employee) –  Matraville NSW17 September 2018
To many under skilled individuals with no leadership Qualities as far as employment, the only thing that really seems to matter within this company is the bottom line and they put no time in to maintaining good quality personnel. there is a very high turn over culture of employees who are either passing through on the way to something else. I found working for Woolworths unconhesive.
Pros
yay! You've got a job
Cons
just a job filler whilst on the way to somewhere else!
Role - Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Underwood QLD20 September 2018
I enjoy going to work at Woolworths Underwood as the atmosphere is pleasant to work in. We all work as a team even the manager, every one feels equal. I know when I go to work I will have a laugh as the staff are very friendly and enjoyable to work with.
Pros
You feel like a big family
Cons
Working at nights
Enjoyable team based company, no table tennis table
Produce Assistant (Former Employee) –  Claremont TAS28 October 2018
Woolworths was an enjoyable team based workplace. I moved between 3 stores so saw a lot of different management/work peers, I gained a lot of experience and met some great people while working at Woolworths. Management at times could be a little much but it was a great experience working at Woolworths.
Pros
Working with friends
treated horribly
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gympie QLD6 September 2018
working at woolworths south was interesting, with pros like having 15 mins tea breaks and half and hour/1hour breaks which was great but there is more cons then pros. this includes being treated horribly constantly if you are not in like a ‘click’ of the managers golden circle. all the managers take advantage of smoke breaks, i believe something should be sorted out because their smoke breaks isn’t included in their actual breaks. for example if it gets really busy the manager isn’t even there to help because they are their ‘smoke break’ for who knows how long 10-50 mins.
Pros
breaks
Big Opportunity to Climb Ladder but worklife balance not good
Customer Service Manager, Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Chullora NSW15 October 2018
Working for Woolworths as a company in whole, you have big opportunity to expand not only your skills, but your overall ability climb the Ladder so to speak.

Woolworths were very good at cutting wages, therefore to make budget, but had left Managers on Salary spread very thin to a point we did not have a worklife balance.

The most enjoyable part is working with a team, because you are working long hours therefore you spend more time with your colleagues than you do with your family.

The hardest part of the Job is Woolworths as a Company has changed over the 15 years ive worked with them, i wish i could say for the better but unfortunately for the worst.
Pros
Opportunity to get promotions
Cons
no work life balance, felt like only way out was to resign from my job or step down from my position.
great place to work
Retail Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD12 August 2018
Woolworths over the years has been great with me,insaying this its just like all jobs it has its ups an downs,but the people you work with i believe are of a great culture an we all have fun along the way,The culture in Woolworths has changed a lot for the better,even tho its more customer orientated it should also be on par with staff orientated as well,as i believe if u have happy staff you will have happy service.
Dont get me wrong as if you look after Woolworths they will look after you an their are so many opportunties available to you,an great job security.
Overall enjoyed working there.
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Bass Hill NSW23 August 2018
I would have to come in to work with a white top and black pants, after that workers would spread out and do what the manager assigned us to do, such as stacking, fixing shelves, going to the back and crushing boxes. Honestly didn’t learn much in a week that I didn’t already know. I enjoyed not staying in one spot for too long. Nothing about the job was hard.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Not enough break time
Was fun, gained experience into the retail and customer service industry
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kellyville NSW28 October 2018
Was able to expose myself to the retail and customer service industry to seek for employment within that field. Enjoyed working in multiple fields including bakery.
Pros
plenty of facilities, worked in multiple fields
Cons
long hours of standing, tiring
Productive and welcoming workplace
Shelving, Packing products (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 September 2018
I learned about Was the Brest way to stock goods on the shelves. The workplace culture was diverce and the other employees were very nice and welcoming. I think the hardest part of the job was standing up the whole time, other than that the job was manageable.
Cons
Standing up the whole time
punctual and serious
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Warragul VIC6 July 2018
working 9-5 was quite hard considering I had never worked before.
I think working there helped my communication skills and i learnt about the store and how everything works behind the scenes.
Most, if not all people (employees and management ) were kind and helpful.
The most enjoyable part of my experience with Woolworths was helping customers, working in Bakery and working with my friends that were also doing work experience at Woolworths.
Pros
My friends worked there as well
Woolworths
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Deer Park VIC5 December 2018
its okay except around christmas time the manager completely disregards other commitments, rosters the same people and threatens those who ask to have the shift replaced.

But the overall environment is supportive and positive.
Pros
free food in break room
Cons
little benefits (5% discount?!)
Secure job with/good pay per hr/few shifts
Service Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kwinana WA3 July 2018
It's a very mundane job, where you practically start feeling like a robot a lot of the time. On the positive side, it is an easy job and it's enjoyable, unless you have to deal with some sketchy teenagers or people stealing. The whole day you stand on your feet, breaks are paid and generally staff are friendly to other staff in the stores. Management may differ, I've had great managers, terrible managers and okay managers. They can easily make your job your favourite or ruin the experience for you, do better stay on their good side, like anywhere.
Pros
Fairly flexible with shifts when they give you any
Cons
Casuals will have little to no shifts unless during busy periods
Good work place when you are starting out
Deli Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW21 July 2018
Overall, Woolworth's is a fast paced and good workplace for young people starting out and or those that want to make a career out of it They offer good training and opportunities to advance for those who wish to do so. I personally would like to move on and gain more experience in a different retail environment to food.
A good opportunity ruined by lazy management
Long life , night fill , online (Current Employee) –  Gympie15 June 2018
Management at the store I have worked at over the past 3 years has been atrocious , I can’t label every manager at the store in this way although the lack of routine and care has led me to have this opinion on Woolworths as a company . Contracts are not negotiable at all and they will only give it to you if you give up precious time and ridiculous hours of your personal life. The few managers that did help and support me I Thankyou although that would have only been 3 I have met in my entire time here , I have worked across three departments and all the managers have been lazy rude people who spend 3 hours of the day outside smoking .
Cons
Uncompromising hours
Fast pace working, but fun
Night Filler (Former Employee) –  Illawarra NSW20 June 2018
It’s always a fast pace working environment.
Loading, unloading and delivery the stocks on each isle.
Re stocking shelves, and presentation of isle.
Cleaning at the end of the shift.
Need to be able to know how to delegate work to other staff and time management is the key to finish everything
Pros
First to find out the new products in the market
Cons
Sometimes time allocated is not enough to finish the job
Night Filling Experience - Woolworths
Night Filler (Current Employee) –  Top Ryde NSW2 September 2018
At this job, I was taught well on how to stock the shelves. It was an easy job, but if you were rostered for a certain amount of hours you're pushed to finish a certain section within that time frame.
Pros
Good pay & easy
Cons
Rushed job, some managers aren't great team players.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woolworths Supermarket. Our community is ready to answer.