Woolworths Supermarket
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Woolworths Supermarket Employee Review

awesome place to work

8 September 2020
everyone is friendly, kind and welcoming you don't realise how fast time moves when you are working. the job keeps you on your feet and meeting new people and getting to know them is really amazing to connect with the community
4 November 2020
Same role
Store Team Member (Current Employee) - Rye VIC
If you answered yes to all three of my questions, then supermarket retail would be an employment opportunity to consider. If you have a nack for putting customers first always and willing to go the extra mile on each and every shift then you should create a career profile on the Woolworths career website. To stand out from the rest, personally hand deliver a copy of you resume with you Woolworths career profile number to the Woolworths store you have applied for and introduce your self.Having good rapport with employees at your local store is a great thing as well and let those contacts know that you have applied for a role.
Pros
Other colleagues that you work alongside, good opportunities to learn different department roles within the same store, Team benefits
Cons
Communication, Internal Systems need to be simplified further, not enough shifts, recognition
1 September 2020
Same role
Store Team Member - Checkouts (Former Employee) - Logan City QLD
I did a prep course prior to complete all compulsory Woolies staff training modules. Did 2 weeks unpaid work experience in the sections I was interested in. On the first actual work day, the supervisor had me redo all the training modules due to not believing I’d completed the required modules. Given 5 minutes training on operating the registers, and left to figure the rest out.
Pros
Staff discount card
Cons
Abysmal Supervisors and management
24 August 2018
Same location
All Rounder (Former Employee) - Kogarah NSW
Managers hire friends & family & dont hire people with the skills & ability to work. HR dont really help or intervene when you need them to. Not safe.
Pros
The friends I have acquired throughout my time at Woolworths
Cons
Unfit management, no real concern about staff safety. Harassment claims & injuries never taken seriously etc