Woolworths Supermarket
View all Woolworths Supermarket reviews

Woolworths Supermarket

Woolworths Supermarket Employee Review

Worked in the deli, when it was a slow day everything was relaxed and generally pretty easy to do daily duties, when it was busy if you weren’t working with someone competent you were in for a heck of a ride, leaving you to do most the work attend customers while they idly cruise through the shift. Management was ok, they didn’t say anything to workers that were underperforming, had favourites so on

Same role

The bottom dollar is more important than the staff

I have become increasingly dissatisfied while working at Woolworths but I believe that this is not only a reflection on the company but more so on the management at our store.The lack of staff training is evident along with the lack of support from our department manager. This not inly relates to training but also to daily support in our department which is minimal. We are given more and more work to do with less staff rostered because the bottom dollar is the most important thing, far above the wellbeing of the staff. So many staff are leaving and they are losing great team members which is very sad to see.

Pros

Take no work home with you

Cons

Lack of management support and understaffed
Same role

Not a bad place to work to earn money.

Good job security, employees generally got along well. Sometimes had to stay late to finish cleaning and not get paid, especially if working with slow staff. Penalty rates good. Sometimes inadequate equipment eg detergent, sponges and you weren't encouraged to take similar products they were selling. Were very conscious of food safety.

Very fast paced

Fast paced and very high demand forWork, great staff and made someGood friends along the way I don’t regret my time at Woolworths it was fun for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woolworths Supermarket. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Woolworths Supermarket
  • Relaxed when it wasn’t busy, when it was it could become fast paced and stressful