Woolworths Supermarket

Bunbury WA26 reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Found 26 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,036 reviews

stressful and anxious

my anxiety went up a lot upon working, rude customers with no help to defend myself, management wasn't the best and was hard to not be upset after shifts. not a alot of work given

Fast pace workplace woth lots of opportunity

Fast paced and ar rimes stressful but alot of opportunities to move forward. All different people but mostly a friendly atmosphere. At times understaffed was my only main complaint.

Days work

First job was good at the start then went downhill. We were expected to do our process after 2 people got fired and did not get replaced, they expected us to go up and beyond and we all tried our hardest but were never rewarded for the effort on got told off and punished

Professional and helpful.

I’ve only worked here for 6 months. They’re helpful and ready to listen to the workers opinion. There’s always room for advancement in the company ranks.

very busy work place

i was happy and enjoy my time been part of Woolworths limited the reason i left the company was we as employees we dont have support as from supervisors they dont understand our personal life

Pros

job secure

Cons

not respecting workers home time hours forcing people to work over time

Home Shop Assitant

Great job I was employed as a Home Shopper just as the idea was born. Management were great and the job was really good. The only thing I found were the night shifts took their toll (2am till 5,6,7,8,9am) depending on the amount of orders need for completion after a few years of being their.

Pros

Good discounts

Cons

Night shift hours

Not that great.

The management were rude and expected everyone to work quickly and were impatient and mean if you didn't or did something wrong. I also sustained a back injury here due to poor OHS

love

I was young and just wanted to party the pay was great the people were awesome management was the best and I wish I could do things differently. would recommend to anyone.

Pros

everything

Cons

myself

Fast pace working

A typical day at Woolworth meat packers was dress in warm clothing and head up to the boning room where you got given your role for the next 2-3 hours and you would have to stick to that job until the lunch break. The work was very repetitive through out the whole day. The best part of the day was the social side of it, every one was very nice and out going.

challenging

I was employed by plaza manager to implement structure, investigate lack of success by there replenishment team. To improve overall moral and review all team members performance, improve overall team performance, update and review all training and health and safety procedures. Set a standard and work within required hours and budgets. Update working conditions for my team and support all there concerns. Review staff availability and rosters, employ new staff and orgainize training and support for any employee working below set standards. I set high standards for myself and lead by example. I always worked with my team not above or out of reach. I had a great understanding with each member and a mutual respect for all. My personal life failed and I had to make changes for my children, I was able to transfer to another store as a replenishment team member doing less hours.

Pros

accomplishment

Cons

Friendly atmosphere with rewarding hours and many different positions available

Management is organised and on schedule for the most part, the workers are friendly and will help out when asked, good length breaks and great atmosphere within the work area, very positive. Hard to reach if you don't have a drivers license and don't live nearby.

Pros

Good pay, great atmosphere and people

Cons

Early starts- 6:00am or 5:30am

fast paced, engaging

Fast paced, hands on and engaging. This is what to expect when working with Woolworths Meat Company. There is a lot of stress and demand to make these products fast but also at the standard you see when making your own purchases at the supermarket.

Pros

Hands on and engaging

Cons

Unreliable work hours

Great place to work, they made allowances for my ongoing family situation

This seems to have altered my original CV somewhat, details re employment history are not all in order as per my original attached document. My Job at Woolworths allowed me flexibility to be the sole carer of two special needs children for which i will forever be thankful for. I worked with some fantastic staff and learned many client focused skills and much about the retail industry.I was trained in all areas of store management, but due to lack of progressive positions management oppurtunities within the store I succeeded only to make it to second in charge weekend manger. I enjoyed working with a range of people and providing quality service to customers

Pros

Good overall business structure

Cons

Lack of available management positions

great company but young management

great job but the culture was low, and ill trained management made the environment hard to work in. More needed to be done to support the up and coming workforce in progressing their skills

Productive and efficient Workplace

Wonderful Work Environment Very Skilled Management Staff Fun & Skilled Co-workers Loved the Customer Service side of my job.

Pros

Enjoyable Environment

Cons

Standing for long periods of Time

Good

Good environment with some minor issues. Training provided. Co-workers are really good. Reasonable break times. Sometimes unreasonable overtimes.

Pros

Learn New Things

Cons

Long Hours

Great team environment, and pleasant communication at all times.

Had the best replenishment experience, which I put down to the awesome bunch of colleagues I've ever worked with. Bunch of genuine, hard-working, team oriented people. Always helpful and looking after one another.

Pros

always respectful to each other

Cons

no options for overtime

difficult place with a low work culture

the culture was not the best, management were ill trained, inexperienced and had poor personal skills co workers were poor trained, discipline was poor or non existent cold conditions and safety was not a core function

Pros

free lunches

Cons

hard long hours, job sharing required and multi tasking very common

It was an enjoyable job

I would normally be in the order taker booth or on the front counter taking the customers orders and serving them. The managment there was okay there was something that they need to work on for the place to be a better work environment. The hardest part of the job would be trying to meet the times that we had to make, we did managed to meet the times and when we did we got a free meal or something like that.

fun yet cold

best time hard work best co-workers hard management no hard time

Pros

Cons

temperature

Team morale was good, upper management politics were negative

The 13 years I worked for Woolworths were mostly enjoyable although I struggled to define myself amongst the double standards as I progressed up the management ladder. Rather compromise my values or beliefs I chose to leave.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woolworths Supermarket. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Woolworths Supermarket with

Learn about Woolworths Supermarket in Bunbury WA

• Woolworths Supermarket
  • Bunbury WA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?