Woolworths Supermarket
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Woolworths Supermarket Employee Reviews in Canberra ACT

Canberra ACT41 reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Found 41 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,959 reviews

Good manager

Overall good. Learnt many skills relating customer service, stock and supply. Team management skills. Good work environment. Busy days. Good team work. Learnt many skills. Participated in improving procedures.

Was a good company to work for

They were very understanding in every situation in everyone’s lives from teens to families no matter how small it may have seemed they were happy to support there staff and families

Very good company for job.

Woolworths is a fast pace environment for work. But overall salary is good.so I recommend to other people. Woolworths job security is good.i am very happy.

Woolworths was a good starter job for me as a younger high school student it was my first job and I leant a lot from working there

Woolworths is a great first job for any young student, I learnt skills such as time management, dress code, organisational skills etc it was a great confidence boost and was a great place to work in.

Fast-paced and busy workplace

I am usually placed on Checkout Counters but am occasionally also stationed in Self Checkout. The job takes a little getting used to for anyone not used to fast paced environments, but once you get the hang of it it's easy and you're working alongside a big supportive team which makes it better. The hardest part of the job for the time I've been employed here is I feel I haven't been treated completely fairly since being employed. I have dealt with some attitude towards me from my manager and have recently started to be taken off shifts and am now hardly receiving any shifts at all.

Productive and fun work place

one of the most busiest retail shop yet u won't feel exhausted because of the following reasons: Excellent support from management Helpful supervisor and manager Friendly and supportive colleagues Good pay

It was okay, must have priorities in order first.

I worked 35 hours 6 days a week during high school and it's tough, just make sure you only do what you can as obviously school is very important. Also most of what I had to do I wasn't taught and had to learn on my own. But it was worth it as I loved helping people and you meet some customers who you'll never forget :).

stressful

Long hours no break. understaffed. coworker intimidating.told to ignore but it continued to stress me out. A lady picked up a knife and told another lady to back off. was told it was joking and I was been too critical. A guy said he was joking but seems like he was yelling also tried to scare me, trip me and said stop talking and work. Assistant Manager said I wasn't sharpest tool in shed.

Good easy working enviornment

This company is a good beginners job for newcomers of the working enviornment. I enjoyed the slow pace and large staff size that allowed me develop my skills as an employee.

Happening atmosphere with lots of work pressure

For being busy with customers and full in foot steps makes us typical for all around working hours as we do have to make customers wait for long. I learned handing work pressure from here by keeping customer happy and delight. working culture is good as all peer staffs are good in nature and helping each other.

Good First Job

I worked for Woolworths for a year and a half and it just got a bit boring. It includes long hours of standing and by the end of a short shift, my legs and feet would hurt a lot. However, they did not look at my availability so I had to keep declining and cancelling shifts.

Pros

No experience needed, good breaks, good first job

Cons

Minimum pay, poor management, not many shifts

Open minded to learn more if you are an active person

Great to be part of the team and love to take all the opportunities they offered. I learned a lot and get more experiences about retailers' field. Cash officer is the great position I have in there.

Pros

Meet new people from different cultures

Cons

Long standing

it was ok

i work as a checkout person, meeting and greeting customers. the staff where great too meet alot of people in this job, management where really good and very easy to talk to as well, i learned alot from this company

Simple job tasks

Stock fill, customer interactions, food preparation, lifting of heavy items, cold food storage, slicing, bagging of food. Culture was alright. The pay was ok.

It's a job.

Not a professional environment. It is similar to high school with pay, you do your chores and basic work and then gossip begins. The job itself is simple and just about anyone can do it. To be honest I would rather not have an income then complete menial tasks for the rest of my life. If you need money and expect to move on to something better I recommend it. Just don't think of it as a career unless you have zero aspirations in life.

Pros

Simple, no skill.

Cons

Co-workers, Pay, Organisation of management, general feel of apathy.

Continualy chanllengng and difficult

Major corporation that has little to no respect of what is happening at the grass roots of the business. Ebbs and Flows over years from good to bad...

productie and always willing to learn new things

the only bad thing that happened to me when i worked at woolies was tat i ended up not getting shifts, going from part time to casual was defiently a regret. although they were great people and were always ready for a new obstical

great place to work

make sure that we had enough stock and petrolhow to order stockgood managementwork in a teamgetting blamed for the price of petrolgood staff and hard worker

Pros

good managment

Cons

good work hours

it was an ok atmosphere but ive heard coles is alot better

I had some issues with woolworths cause I had to have a month off through injury and I had a doctors certificate for light duties but was told there was no work for me therefore had to resign which was upsetting

Pros

the people

Cons

management

A fair workplace

it is good to work in here, but my contract is part time , and management always want to cut cost. Too much promotion , waste a lot promotion material . We put a lot poster we haven't use to the bin always .

Predictable

Working at Woolworths is pretty much what you'd expect - repetitive and all the employees want to go home as soon as they get there. You know exactly what to expect and you learn a lot about customer service and patience. Pay isn't awesome but join the union to get a pretty significant increase. Started working there at 15 and am still there. Recommend it to young people as a clean and easy part time job, definitely better than hospitality and/or prostitution.

Pros

Easy

Cons

Customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woolworths Supermarket. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Woolworths Supermarket
  • Canberra ACT
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?