Woolworths Supermarket
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Woolworths Supermarket Employee Reviews in Gold Coast QLD

Gold Coast QLD37 reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Found 37 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,959 reviews

Chill workplace

Very good place to work.Good pay and benefits. Casual is really good. Good management usually.Easy to move around schedule. Easy to change departments

Pros

Pay

Worst culture ever

If you don't sleep your way around the company you don't get promoted. To many managers have been around to long and it's just certain families running the area.

Work elsewhere, thank me later.

They used to be good to work for, but now after bringing in the Vax mandate they're very obviously part of the globalist agenda - avoid them at all costs, they don't care about staff wellbeing in the slightest.

Not a bad place to work to earn money.

Good job security, employees generally got along well. Sometimes had to stay late to finish cleaning and not get paid, especially if working with slow staff. Penalty rates good. Sometimes inadequate equipment eg detergent, sponges and you weren't encouraged to take similar products they were selling. Were very conscious of food safety.

I wasNight fill in 2ic

Woolworths are great to work for working in the stores or being a part of there team safety is never a issue stores are tidy always staff are all lovely great opportunities if you want them and they are always understanding with family life and children also can not fault working or shopping in Woolworths 10/10

Casual team member

Not enough shifts but they hire people all the time. As casual, I only get 3 hours per shift.. and they only give me 2 days in a week work. Cant really earn much but the job isnt very stressful. As casual, I know they cant guarantee me hours but 6 hours a week is barely anything to live by.

Pros

Nice co-workers

Cons

Not enough shifts given and they hire people constantly

Overworked - Underpaid

Micromanaging Toxic company cultureEmotional manipulation from management Always understaffed for work expected to be completed and the equipment never works.

Pros

Don’t have to drive anywhere else for groceries

Cons

Everything else is awful.

Fun and every day is adventure

I had worked with Woolworths for 20 years and had a break and after 3year I still want to go back. I’m 63 now and I can still work as good as I did for those years. I never had not many sick days as I always looked forward to go to work as every day you would meet new customers and each day always was a story and I learnt something new . If you love talking and interacting with customers this is the job for you

Pros

Every day you lean something new

Seriously consider your self worth, pride and dignity.

Got the job in year 12 and for the first three years, I can honestly say I was overall very happy. They worked around my school/uni hours and looked after my well being. I must say, I am a determined individual who enjoys working hard. That said, things started to go downhill from there. Woolworth's will treat you like a number. Your opinion, sanity and overall well being aren't valued. Management will belittle you and start to mould the way you think. They make you feel like its wrong to speak up about your concerns and to put your head down to get the job done. Taking leave (which is rightfully owed to parttime and full-timers) is shunned. Every store I've worked at is politically biased in terms of favouritism and progression. Those who suck up (no matter how good or bad they are at their job) will progress and those who don't bend thy knee, will not. Expectations keep increasing but hours keep decreasing. It's near impossible to enjoy your job and outside the fact of having people who you enjoy working with, every single other aspect about working for Woolworths is utterly negative. Honestly, people, I spent seven years at three different stores with this company and it has taken years from me. If you value your mental well being and your own self-worth, Do not work for this company. 100% honest review and finally let's just say A Current Affair would love me with the stories and things I've seen during my time here.

great fun

managers are nice and friendly, yet when times get tough and hard work needs to be done they never shy away from it. makes Woolworths a great place to work.

Solid Job

Good solid job, management appreciates hard workers with good organisational skills. Good team environment and socially very nice. Management sometimes unorganised but relaxed.

great environment

great fun place to work at. very inclusive employers who aren't afraid to get their own hands dirty if it benefits the store. would recommend to anyone.

Great Australian company with many different opportunities.

Had a great 32 year career. Woolworth's has opportunities in many different areas of there business from Logistics to store management roles. As an employee you have an opportunity to apply for many different roles in the business.

Great starting job.

Got this job when I was in High School, was promoted 6 months after working there, and then promoted again after i graduated. all Staff are friendly, management is amazing, and everyone will go above and beyond to make you feel safe at this workplace

Pros

good starting job

Cons

nothing

negative environment

a typical day was a negative vibe. i did learn a lot about managing customers and i was good at my job, although management strategies were unfair and did not aid in my leanrning.

Fun and friendly workplace

The staff and management at woolworths are all very friendly and strive for the best. I gained better communication skills and customer service skills.

Pros

The management is great

Cons

The occasional angry customer

Changed my outlook on what a career is

the skills and development remains unparalleled. Fast-paced, energetic and fulfilling career. Met my career goals with excellent management and career advancement. Just like anything, if you put the work in, you reap the rewards. In this case, very high rewards.

Pros

High earning potential

Cons

Hours needs to be put in if you want to succeed. Dont stick to the minimum required.

Working with in Woolworth is a good start into the workforce, as well as allows to develop customer service skills.

A typical day at work consists of, getting in and closing on to then be told what register or task you will be doing for the day. You receive only short shifts as they do not like you to have breaks. there is minimal talk between staff.

Pros

you get a 5% staff discount

Cons

short shifts

it is good

it is really good , i learnt alot about fruit and produce . I met some awesome people and enjoyed the job heeps. very nice atmosphere all the time and i felt like i was a part of the fam.

Woolworths careers

I have been at Woolworths for 14 years and and have enjoyed the opportunities and security I have had from this workplace. I was in a management role for 2 years at the age of 18 and enjoyed my time. a typical day was structured and busy but included a lot of heavy lifting. I learnt how to manage a team and create a safe and fun environment. I enjoyed my time in management but found the salary for the hours I was working to be too little. I am a happy person so I found that there was a good workplace culture if you have a good attitude. The hardest part of the job was fatigue management , as I was loosing QOL as I was going home and falling asleep. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the lovley elderly customers .

A fun and rewarding job

I have done this job before and it is fun and rewarding.I worked at oasis woolworths at broadbeach. For 6months. I have worked in produce at woolworths as well when I was younger.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woolworths Supermarket. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Woolworths Supermarket
  • Gold Coast QLD
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?