Woolworths Supermarket
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Woolworths Supermarket Employee Reviews in Perth WA

Perth WA90 reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Found 90 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,959 reviews

great for developing good customer service with people from different backgrounds.

A very friendly place to work.I was happy to have the opportunity to be part of the team. Learning a new skill, meeting more experienced coworkers was also a valuable experience.

Stressful

Very fast paced Managers don’t hire enough staffManager sets high expectations for people just startingNo guaranteed work beyond a workNo job growth

Management sucks

Woolworths is a place to work if you’d love getting tricked into part time pay and no hours. Management are bullies and pick favourites, customers abuse you and the pay is the worst ever. Just don’t work there

Pros

Cons

Bullying

Best place to work for all ages

This has been my favourite place to work, you get a lot of extra pay benefits like freezer allowance and pay like 50c above award rates, chill management but my stores really busy so your perspective might be different from mine as not all have the same experiences. So many shifts on offer and allowed to work/get trained in other departments which is good.

Pros

Pay, free bakery/deli food in the break room each shift, uniforms chill

Cons

Fast paced

It’s ok

The pay is good, could be treated better by management at sometimes I find they just care about the work and not the individual person, the deli is good because if it isn’t busy you still have other things to do like filling the cabinet and cleaning.

Ok

It was alright not great though it was hard being night shift as the hours where super late there was also no one my age who worked there so pretty boring

nice staff

The staff members are friendly and helped in the appropriate manner to teach us all the ropes of the job and tips and tricks to help us perform. Thank you woolworths

Fast-paced

Fast paced environment, must have good customer service skills, knowing where popular items are, even just the aisle number, is extremely helpful, keeping calm and always reporting to your manager.

relax good environment to work team members are very friendly

I enjoy lots work with woollies team member. all the team members are very friendly team work. Good customer service. We can get lots of benefit plus member discount card.

Great bunch

Loved working for woolies but at the time it just wasn't meant to be.. Loved the staff and management really easy going group though some needed a little extra motivation.

Was great stocktake team

Was great working with the stocktake team loved the traveling up to Carnarvon and down to Albany and working in different sites always had fun on bus trips

Terrible

Do not work for Woolworths. I have been working there for 3 years recently been denied leave although i asked a month in advance i currently stuck working fridge and freezer with an incompetnet boob whos been there for 4 months

Good colleagues, shocking management

I worked at Woolworths for around nine months, working in the fresh food and vegetable section. My roles included face to face customer service, conveying information regarding products for sale, refilling and organising fruit and vegetable stock, as well as general cleaning and workplace maintenance. Management was horrific.

relaxed

Calm work area, and amazing place to start work for beginners. All the tasks given are simple and easy toi execute. The most enjoyable part is working in the bakery.

Stressful

Expectations too high, wouldn't recommend getting into management. Very stressful and little to no support or encouragement. No support for mental health.

If expectations where not met. You where challenged

Mostly I found that. Either you where not paid for extra time past shift, if you worked longer. Hours where cut back at times.Was a great place to work, if you where left to do your job.

Management Roles pressured and stress full but better Culture than Coles.

Store Manager roles generally well paid but workload not compatable with good worklife balance. In my experience company does not land change well due to poor planning and poor communication down the chain.

Excellent work Environment

I really like to work in Woolworths Because of the Working Environment. All The Team Members are Very Supportive to each other. Salary is Good . Management is Very Halpfull

Retail industry is horrible

have worked in Retail for over 2 years, as a nightfill worker. The culture of my company is stressful, as management overestimate how much time we need to stock shelves, and put unnecessary pressure on all staff. It's a horrible environment in which to work.

Pros

Cons

Unrealistic expectations

Physical, fast paced

10 hour day minimum customer focused, fast paced environment most managers are reasonable friendly workplace culture long days, intense lead up to events ie Easter/Christmas customer and team interaction

Workplace

Within the time I worked at Woolworths I gained the confidence with communicating with customers every day, How to properly pack groceries whilst presenting myself more professionally. The people in the workplace are very welcoming

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woolworths Supermarket. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Woolworths Supermarket