Woolworths Supermarket

Australia14 reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Found 14 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,995 reviews

Reliable

A reliable job within a very safe industry. Constantly innovating, however with innovation comes pressure, and the pressure rises as you move up ranks within Supermarket Operations. Working balance goes out the windows in Senior Management roles

Pros

Good Salary, Career Opportunitues

Cons

Culture, Work Life Balance

No work/life balance, lots of micromanaging by upper management

Not recommended to work for Maybe as a first job. Micromanaged from store management up. Team leaders work loads are oppressive. Under value their staff

Physical, fast paced

10 hour day minimum customer focused, fast paced environment most managers are reasonable friendly workplace culture long days, intense lead up to events ie Easter/Christmas customer and team interaction

team discounts

Working for Woolworths has many great team benefits. The company is great to work for, although at times the expectations can be unrealistic, leaving you with a lacking of achievement.

Continualy chanllengng and difficult

Major corporation that has little to no respect of what is happening at the grass roots of the business. Ebbs and Flows over years from good to bad...

Productive and good team work

Good work place, nice and friendly environment, good management experience, cooperative management, systematically processes for staff and their training as well as development.

A high demand role

Working for Woolworths at an entry level is suitable for school leavers and university students, parents that only wish to work part-time and of course high school kids after work. Working in Management for Woolworths is certainly more fast paced and demanding. The salary is very attractive for the work that is required, however work/life balance is almost non-existent for managers working at Woolworths. The pressures from higher management in regards to bring costs in (ie wages) can often be very stressful and poorly managed. However, there seems to be a shift in this area, albeit a small shift.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Long hours, stressful responsibilities

Looks good on my resume

I worked in the Fuel/Petrol side of Woolworths as an Assistant Store Manager. The customers were absolutely fantastic as were the staff, however the Store Manager was intimidating, rude & nasty and bullied myself & the staff & higher management did absolutely nothing about it. There is no support from higher management at all & some of the Store Managers from other stores were also just as bad.

Pros

The customers were always fantastic & the long-term friendships I made with other staff

Cons

Higher Management don't care. No chance of career progression

Wide diversity of roles.

A wide diversity of different roles available. Fun work place and opportunity for advancement for those wishing to apply themselves.

Pros

Always busy, never a dull moment

A company that is quick to develop young and future retail leaders.

When your department/store is running smoothly there is nothing better, however things can quickly change and it often takes time to develop a motivating culture and successful team.

Pros

Discount cards

Enjoyable workplace.

Woolworths was a good company to work for.I learnt a lot about management while there.The staff were nice & management were good depending on who you had & where you were.The hardest part of the job was the long hours.The most enjoyable was the people you meet & the customers you serve.

Pros

job security

Great place to work.

Typical day was walking each department and ensuring all aspects of store was set up and ready for customer needs. Reviewing sales and wages on a daily basis Processing Payroll and invoicing Training and recruiting of staff

I have learnt a lot about myself. I have been given the opportunity to develop and grow as a person.

A great company with lots of challanges and lots of roles to learn

The day is busy from the moment you walk in the door, quality and good customer service the first priority, in the 8 years with the company I have learned company policies and procedures and better people skills .I have done 6 months of store manager/ assistant store manager relief which was a good opportunity for me to see their different managing styles and incorporate it into my own managing style.Having 150 people that work in one store gives you a real diverse group of people around you and can give you many different points of view.The hardest part about my job is some of the people you work with and knowing that they are paid more and have only one department to worry about.I enjoy how much you can learn and the different people that i get to work with, I enjoy the problems that arise and finding ways to solve them.

Pros

great people you work with

Cons

long hours, its hard to get a good position being a female

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woolworths Supermarket. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Woolworths Supermarket