Woolworths Supermarket
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Woolworths Supermarket Employee Reviews for Cashier

Cashier446 reviews
Australia446 reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Found 446 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,924 reviews

Good first job.

I was young at the time, the job was good for a first job, most staff were incredibly nice people. However being as young as I was, I feel I was given too many shifts to handle on top of my school work.

Good company to work for, good work life balance.!

I worked for the Byron Bay Woolworths and it was an overall good experience.I had a good work life balance, and the managers were flexible with changing shifts etc.

Pros

Tea room, free fruit, supportive managers.

Cons

Rude customers (but that’s every customer service job).

Hated it

The manager was not great, employees were awesome though. Doesn't approve time off when needed time off, worked hard but didn't get to switch around the roles, worked always in one position with no breaks

Awful

10/10 do not recommend. It’s an awful environment, lots of gaslighting and blaming when you point out things that could be improved. Verbal abuse is common

love working here

I currently work at Woolworths on Nineteenth Avenue and it is the most amazing place to work. The staff team are incredible in all aspects; amazing people and hard workers. My team is kind, understanding, and supportive. I couldn't ask for a better place to work as a part time job.

Pros

supportive staff, good discounts, free supplied uniform, good pay, great break room and amenities.

Decent

Normal retail job with opportunities for part time or full time contracts, opportunities for overtime and progression. Well run and organised. Spoken customers are a nightmare, such is retail

Job was okay but people weren’t good to work with

Pay was very poor for the amount of chit u had to deal with especially as a teenager and during COVID as well. The people working there always talked poorly towards other workers and often disregarded u in participating with work activities etc.

Pros

Learning good skills

Cons

Abuse from most customers which u got into trouble for even if it wasn’t ur fault

fun but repetitive

it was pretty fun, but ofcourse a little bit repetitive as most jobs are. the manager was nice and so were the other team members !! it was a nice job

bad management and stressful shifts

- constantly asking me to stay back or start earlier - lack of communication from managers- treated me as a casual even when i was part time - didnt care about other commitments- very repetitive shifts, highly stressful, draining

Pros

sometimes customers are friendly

Cons

bad management, no communication

We work as a team, if you need any help just ask

Woolworths pride themselves in team work, if you need any help or have a question most team members will try their best to help you or find someone who can.

Pros

Nice lunchroom, with most kitchen appliances : fridges, microwave, tables & chairs we get food most days

Good starter job

It's a good sample job but the pay is pretty low. It's okay if you live with your parents but I found it hard to live on 10 hours a week. If you have a good team thats helpful but over all its a okay job for students.

Pros

Can make friends and learn some skills

Cons

Its retail, customer abuse, bad pay

Ok

Stacked shelves, got paid, flexible.Obiously very boring work, made worse by disgruntled coworkers who have no sense of ambition. Lots of work to be had.

Pros

Flexible, good pay, discount

Cons

Just a job, disgruntled middle aged workers

Terrible and toxic work environment.

No management or supervisors ever around front end area. Have to page them every time. And sometimes it takes a while for them to come.The line manager is really mean and can snap at staff. Appears to really stressed out and difficult to approach.Poor communication overall with supervisors and management as their communication can come off as rude and condescending. They appear as if they don't care about their staffSo much disorganisation with management. They don't train staff properly.

Cons

Unprofessional anf disorganised management

Great customers fast paced environment great team to work with.

Management can change a fair bit some are better than others which is a bit concerning. Generally a pretty good good Company to work for which is fair and reasonable and will give you extra work if you are willing to do it.

Pros

Team Discount and training.

Cons

Sometimes understaffed.

was fun to work at

I loved working for Woolworths in Mackay they were very kind and caring. All the staff from management to supervisors and all staff was great. I had fun and they were a great company to me.

Pros

easy to get on with

Cons

not enough hours at the time

Good

A typical day at work consists of greeting customers and scanning items through the checkout counter. I have learned to work at a fast pace and deal with customer issues such as product defects or bar code fall-offs, as well as some customer complaints. The most difficult part of the job was lifting the most heavy items, and the most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of assisting customers with their buying experience.

Never again

I would never ever work for these idiots ever again. I was treated like trash ever since the day l started and will not recommend working there to anyone

Pros

Cons

Bullying

fast paced and challenging

Shifts are mainly 3-5 hours. I learnt how to work on a register, to work with customers and how to stock shelves. The work environment is friendly and respectful.

Pros

good hours

Cons

busy

My review

I enjoyed working at Woolworths great team work and friendly.i made some amazing friend's while working at Woolworths. I started at night fill worked my way to cashier.

busy and challenging

deli prepared cold meats to the display cabinet,kept area cleaned and served customers and did orders front end counted money,served customers .delt with complaints, cleaned area and put away stock

Great bunch

Loved working for woolies but at the time it just wasn't meant to be.. Loved the staff and management really easy going group though some needed a little extra motivation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woolworths Supermarket. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Woolworths Supermarket