Woolworths Supermarket
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Woolworths Supermarket Employee Reviews for Deli Associate

Deli Associate231 reviews
Australia231 reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Found 231 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,959 reviews

The bottom dollar is more important than the staff

I have become increasingly dissatisfied while working at Woolworths but I believe that this is not only a reflection on the company but more so on the management at our store.The lack of staff training is evident along with the lack of support from our department manager. This not inly relates to training but also to daily support in our department which is minimal. We are given more and more work to do with less staff rostered because the bottom dollar is the most important thing, far above the wellbeing of the staff. So many staff are leaving and they are losing great team members which is very sad to see.

Pros

Take no work home with you

Cons

Lack of management support and understaffed

Relaxed when it wasn’t busy, when it was it could become fast paced and stressful

Worked in the deli, when it was a slow day everything was relaxed and generally pretty easy to do daily duties, when it was busy if you weren’t working with someone competent you were in for a heck of a ride, leaving you to do most the work attend customers while they idly cruise through the shift. Management was ok, they didn’t say anything to workers that were underperforming, had favourites so on

Not a bad place to work to earn money.

Good job security, employees generally got along well. Sometimes had to stay late to finish cleaning and not get paid, especially if working with slow staff. Penalty rates good. Sometimes inadequate equipment eg detergent, sponges and you weren't encouraged to take similar products they were selling. Were very conscious of food safety.

Very fast paced

Fast paced and very high demand forWork, great staff and made someGood friends along the way I don’t regret my time at Woolworths it was fun for me.

Decent place to work in

Good pay, decent hours, if not happy with your hours can always talk to manager and they’re understanding. Workmates are friendly. The work load isn’t too much however depending on each department.

Bad management

Bad management Not supported Bad pay, like very bad Not the best shifts, early morning or late night not much in the middle Mangagment expect the best of you when you get treated like a number

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Bad pay

Productive and fun

Enjoyed my time here. I enjoyed the atmosphere aswell as though the del managers were amazing. Staff always polite and easy to get along with. Would go back if I could

alright place to work

alright place to work, very close knit so best if you get to know all of the people you work with or you will feel left out of the loop stressful at times when you would be understaffed

Honest work, fun people

FUN place to work, if you have an awesome department manager, like I had.Management easy to talk to, Will happily work thru problems as they arise . Department heads are constantly reminded of budgets which trickles down to staff.

Pros

Flexibility of hours

Cons

Short staffed at times due to budget cutback

Overworked - Underpaid

Micromanaging Toxic company cultureEmotional manipulation from management Always understaffed for work expected to be completed and the equipment never works.

Pros

Don’t have to drive anywhere else for groceries

Cons

Everything else is awful.

Good place to work if you need a part time job

When you're young it's pretty good pay compared to other jobs that require no experience. No one really trains you, you kind of just get put on the spot and learn by watching, it's the manager's job to train but they try and push that responsibility on to the staff. If you have a good relationship with your manager work life is pretty easy, a really diverse group of people will be your coworkers and some might become your friends and others will drive you crazy as you try to figure out what the f* they are thinking. When sales are low expect your shifts to be cut to the bare minimum. Managers tend to get pretty sensitive if you don't accept a shift they need someone to cover, and if you reject too many they will cut your regular shifts down to about 10 hours a week. If you have a horrible store manager or even department manager the enjoyability of working becomes low enough to make you want to quit or attempt to transfer. Working there fulltime/day can be draining because of the pressure to always be busy put on you by staff. If they think you aren't busy enough they will stick you into another department that needs help or reduce the amount of staff typically rostered in your own department.

Pros

Break rooms usually have extra/damaged stock for you to eat or take home, Working at night has good penalty rates, it's a great job for students who can work odd hours.

Cons

Customer drama, angry management when sales are down

Fun environment to work in the staff are very helpful and friendly

Woolworths is a great place to work has long has you have a great team it will make working for Woolworths easier and It's all about the Customer service keeping our community feed and happy and Woolworths is a great career choice.

A great place to work

I love working with the people at Woolworths and getting to know your regulars. You can move around the store into different departments and you can also move up the ladder if you like.

Pros

Great meal breaks/ flexibility

It’s ok

The pay is good, could be treated better by management at sometimes I find they just care about the work and not the individual person, the deli is good because if it isn’t busy you still have other things to do like filling the cabinet and cleaning.

Productive, fast paced, exciting and friendly

It was always busy and plenty of work to do. I learned how to clean well training and chemicals. Management would always offer help and training. The hardest part while working at Woolworth's I would say was when we would get rush hour and we would not have enough staff to help us out. My favorite part working in the Deli department would be cleaning after each shift. I enjoyed keeping everything neat and organized and feeling satisfied with my work at the end of the day.

Pros

Made life long friends

Cons

nice people easy to get along with, the managers are alright

in all truth i feel like i wasnt getting the right amount of pay for the work i was doing & there for had to quit due to finacial hardship & family issues. having said that i think it was a good place to work the staff were nice & polite, easy to get along with.

Pros

great employees, great customers

Cons

not enough hours & every time i asked for more hours it seemed that my hours were being cut.

Clean

A typical day involved lots of cleaning, dealing with food and seafood, and interacting with customers. The hardest part was cleaning ovens and cooking machinery, and the most enjoyable part is the team that you work with.

awesome

loved them had so many friends they were so flexible and always helped me when i needed help. overall excelnnet place to work at also the managers are so nice.

There an excellent company flag became like family.

I worked at the local Woolworth's for about four to five years. I first started in perishables and then expressed my interest in learning other areas. I then learnt cash register and the service deli. The service deli I fell in love with! And you always had something to do. One day my mum got really sick with cancer. They let me have whatever shifts I needed off and the they even let me leave work to be with her in her final moments and donated food platters to the funeral

Enjoyable Work Environment

Woolworths was a great job, lovely staff and work environment. It was a very tidy, organised environment with helpful staff. They always checked in to make sure that you were ok and were very friendly.

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

N/a

Sharon Adams

Very busy everyday, great people to work with, meeting different cultures everyday, learning new skills in all departments of the store. Management are ok i guess could be better in some areas.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woolworths Supermarket. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Woolworths Supermarket