Woolworths Supermarket
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Woolworths Supermarket:

Woolworths Supermarket Employee Reviews for Deli Associate

Deli Associate217 reviews
Australia217 reviews
The pay is good, could be treated better by management at sometimes I find they just care about the work and not the individual person, the deli is good because if it isn’t busy you still have other things to do like filling the cabinet and cleaning.
It was always busy and plenty of work to do. I learned how to clean well training and chemicals. Management would always offer help and training. The hardest part while working at Woolworth's I would say was when we would get rush hour and we would not have enough staff to help us out. My favorite part working in the Deli department would be cleaning after each shift. I enjoyed keeping everything neat and organized and feeling satisfied with my work at the end of the day.
Pros
Made life long friends
Cons
in all truth i feel like i wasnt getting the right amount of pay for the work i was doing & there for had to quit due to finacial hardship & family issues.
having said that i think it was a good place to work the staff were nice & polite, easy to get along with.
Pros
great employees, great customers
Cons
not enough hours & every time i asked for more hours it seemed that my hours were being cut.
A typical day involved lots of cleaning, dealing with food and seafood, and interacting with customers. The hardest part was cleaning ovens and cooking machinery, and the most enjoyable part is the team that you work with.
loved them had so many friends they were so flexible and always helped me when i needed help. overall excelnnet place to work at also the managers are so nice.
I worked at the local Woolworth's for about four to five years. I first started in perishables and then expressed my interest in learning other areas. I then learnt cash register and the service deli. The service deli I fell in love with! And you always had something to do. One day my mum got really sick with cancer. They let me have whatever shifts I needed off and the they even let me leave work to be with her in her final moments and donated food platters to the funeral
Woolworths was a great job, lovely staff and work environment. It was a very tidy, organised environment with helpful staff. They always checked in to make sure that you were ok and were very friendly.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
N/a
Very busy everyday, great people to work with, meeting different cultures everyday, learning new skills in all departments of the store. Management are ok i guess could be better in some areas.
Many times the Deli health standards were below par and the management staff were told as it was a manager who was doing it but nothing changed.
Clean up is only happening when some big wig comes to town. And often you will find a member of junior staff crying in the toilets due to bullying of senior staff or even management.
I learnt valuable customer service and food service skills as well as special procedures to keep the workplace clean and stay up to date with hygiene standards. The roster was not always consistent and sometimes I felt that we were overworked. I felt that Woolworths is not doing enough to tackle the plastic issue and the sometimes ridiculous cosmetic food standards. Many food items are over packaged and nothing apart from cardboard is properly recycled in the store.
I lacked competitive hours and struggled to find time with school but i again feel the employment was for me after coming from a job i loved it was hard
each store is different, as are mangers, some are really good others are not so good.
if you have mental health issues this may not be the job for you but it also depends on the store's mentality, at certain times of the year customers can be very difficult to deal with or become hostel.
Every day can be different depending on the staff you are working with and the number of customers that come into the store that day. As i work in the deli we have to be considerate with time management and ensuring everyone in trained to ensure a safe place of work. Additionally, the more customers that come into the store to deli the harder time management becomes due to the number of staff members on at that current time and their abilities to perform under pressure.
It is a beautiful working hour in Woolworths as we all can keep the standards of Woolworths and will do in future. Every other staff member takes care of another team member.
Pay is reasonably good, however management isn't great, and they expect a lot out of you, with very little training provided. Shifts are also super inconsistent.
Woolworths has been my first job. They have been so good to me and a great company to work for. They are flexible and fair. They try to give you the hours you need and are willing to help you grow.
Friendly environment, makes it easier to want to come to work. Can enjoy working instead of just going through it and doing the same thing. Lots of opportunities to work in other parts of store.
Working at Woolworths, as my first job, allowed me to recognise what a work environment was and looked like. It gave me a sense of responsibility and I recommend as an excellent first job.
The experience was okay overall they recognise effort but often neglect to ask people when they actually prefer working giving staff members shifts they can't commit to easily
Lovely people, welcoming environment, a great first job!
Was great experience working ina fast paced environment and I learnt a lot from my team members.
It busy and with hours cuts it gets very stressful. Overall experience is great to work at woolworths. Break managment and respect towards people. I wish we had more people while working.