Woolworths Supermarket

Night Team Member32 reviews
Australia32 reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Found 32 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,996 reviews

A solid company to work with if you're at a nice location.

Was hired on at a local hometown location that's known for being sketchy. My direct manager wasn't happy that I got sick and chose not to risk everyone's health by staying home (as per doctor's recommendation and during the peak of the pandemic). They chose to be snarky, so I chose to leave.

Pros

Keeps you busy; on your toes.

Cons

Negative energy within the workplace amongst higher ups.

good until it wasn't, team makes or breaks the experience, nightfill is a bit toxic

if you have a manager that is power hungry you will have a horrible time. The team was okay when it was a diverse group of people but that soon changed and it was middle aged men who mostly spoke to themselves in another language. My manager would make inappropriate passing comments to the younger female workers, and it took far too long for this individual to be removed from the company (despite complaints being made). He was originally moved from another store to this one as though that would fix the problem but that just gave him more people to make uncomfortable. The culture was just off putting towards the end, with obvious problems swept under the rug and the turn over rate was high. Some managers were good but some played favourites which depending on who you were wasn't ideal.

Pros

hours were there

Cons

toxic management

Not that bad

Some staff are slow at their job which can be frustrating but overall a pretty braindead/relaxed job, pick up box and stock the shelf. Meeting and talking to new customers is enjoyable as well.

Pros

Meeting new people, requires no brainpower

Cons

Can be challenging on body over long hours

Terrible Hours

Pay is good, but the amount of hours I got at the start have been drastically cut by upper management repeatedly since I started. Line manager acts as if he has no control over anything that happens.

Good place limited shifts

It is an Ok place to work. Being a casual worker means you do not get many shifts. The Managers are ok, they are pushy as per standard. Little to no time to speak to management or staff so you pretty much go in there, bust your hump then go home - when you have shifts.

Enjoyable job but at times can be stressful and physically demanding. All depends on your work attitude, team members and managers.

Have been a night filler for 3 years now and currently enjoy my job very much. My first line manager was very demanding and strict which was a little intimidating at first but he knew his job well and provided good training and tips. What I enjoy about night fill is I feel we are the unseen heroes. Customers think the shelves are just magically filled. They don't see the hard work and sweat that goes into keeping a store stocked, especially during Covid.

Pros

5-10% discounts. Free meals but very rarely. Higher penalty rates working at night.

Cons

Working nights isnt for everyone, Clueless upper management, Some are very nice and understanding when it comes to over work/ burn out, Others expect you to break your back so they look good and get their bonus

Favoritism applies at Rouse Hill NSW 2155 every day.

Very frustrating to see some people work all 5 days (maximum hours) whilst some dont get a 1 day shift.It is simply because they are friends/relations of the managers.

Productive, fun,fast paced

I like working at Woolworth because its face paced meaning it keeps you going while helping other team members and i also feel like this job is very productive because you move on to different tasks so its constant working

Managing team on a daily basis and short of staff can be challenging and at the end of the day, you will be satisfied with your work. Working together and getting things done is the best approach i take.

relax good environment to work team members are very friendly

I enjoy lots work with woollies team member. all the team members are very friendly team work. Good customer service. We can get lots of benefit plus member discount card.

Opportunity

Woolworths is a fast-paced working environment and goal-driven. They offer advancement and training plus great flexibility. A recognized company that will offer opportunities if willing to go for it.

Productive and fast paced work place

The working environment in woolies is fast-paced friendly and comfortable. The team is amazing to work with a friendly atmosphere they create together.

Flexible and Great place to work

As currently i am a student, so i have assignments and classes that are sometimes unplanned and as working with Woolworth is flexible its easy for me to balance my studies and work.

Good place for casual and part time

Good place to work as a night fill. Fun and learning New things. Making some New friends. Getting to know a lot of products that I would never use or look at.

Night fill

I'm a night fill team member and the team are real friendly to work with and are always there to help if u get stuck with any thing and the managers are awesome.

Productive, fun workplace, fast paced environment

You get what you want out of it whether a few hours or the opportunity to go further if your serious enough. Its a tough gig, physical fast paced work. It's not just casually packing shelves you have a time frame in which you have to work up to.

Pros

free fruit flexible hours

Cons

no hours at certain dead periods of retail if casual

yeah nah yeah

its a good place to work for your fist job in school/uni. i wouldn't recommend it as a long term career unless you want to be a manager. the bosses are way too harsh.

Non-economical work practices.

My day at work consists of me arriving during the day now.....instead of working at night like I used to. So I have had to change my sleeping habits. I now have to drag a two-thirds sized pallet around the aisles and fill the shelves from that while customers are shopping (health & safety issue). I have to move the pallet every time a customer wants something off the shelf behind it. I am now interrupted from my job by customers who want to know where a specific product is. I have to now fill a green bag with cardboard boxes which size is insufficient and now have to make numerous trips to the cardboard compactor to empty it. We are no longer allowed to use trolleys to put the cardboard in. I now have to work in long pants and a sweat-inducing polyester green shirt which makes me extremely uncomfortable. I am now working more hours for less pay. The new Enterprise Bargaining Agreement saw to that.

Workplace culture

It is very exciting to work at Woolworths along with a large number of team members. Night fill, especially if you are doing bulk pallets requires hardwork. But, it is fun overall.

Night shifts but great pay.

Woolworths night fill team are a bunch of friendly people just like any other supermarket job. Working at nights isn't always the easiest job given the world revolves around the 9-5 day but the penalty rates for night work more than make up for it if you can handle the hours.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Night time work

Fun and realxed workplace

Working at woolworths in nightfill has a been a great experience , the only down side is the opportunity for secure hours. ive been able to learn a great deal , the team aspect is probably the most enjoyable part.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woolworths Supermarket. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Woolworths Supermarket