Woolworths Supermarket
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Woolworths Supermarket Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Retail Sales Associate146 reviews
Australia146 reviews
I did a prep course prior to complete all compulsory Woolies staff training modules. Did 2 weeks unpaid work experience in the sections I was interested in. On the first actual work day, the supervisor had me redo all the training modules due to not believing I’d completed the required modules. Given 5 minutes training on operating the registers, and left to figure the rest out.
Pros
Staff discount card
Cons
Abysmal Supervisors and management
Got to learn and polish various soft skills and learned new Technical Skills.
Overall, great place to work, develop and grow.

The workplace culture is very cooperate and helpful.
a typical day at work is quite busy but well the store is well organised most of the time, workplace culture is amazing no discrimination whats so ever.
Pros
discounts
Cons
management with hours
Long hours on your feet
Not many staff benefits because of the large amount of employees.

Management don't acknowledge your efforts regularly enough.

Was a good place to start though.
your overall experience will differ from store to store. im 26 y/o. on a part time contract at $22.10 an hour, only just making ends meet as the hours are inconsistant. if you work hard and always say yes when called in youll mostly have a good time
A normal day at Woolworths is very fast paced, and you have to be very hands on when scanning the items and make sure that you are carefully watching as you are scanning to make sure you don't double scan anything. but it is a very enjoyable place to work at as there are very friendly staff that treat you like family.
I enjoy my job a lot. the hours are great but the money is not great. management is ok. Hardest part of the job is getting it done in time. the most enjoyable part is going home
Woolworths is a great opportunity to develop the essential roles of a non-fast paced environment.
It is easy to perform and learn the tasks without requiring assistance.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Didn't get paid
Working at Woolworth was a thrill even if it was for school based work experience.
Great environment, fast pace, excellent management and over a great place to work
one of the most busiest retail shop yet u won't feel exhausted because of the following reasons:
Excellent support from management

Helpful supervisor and manager

Friendly and supportive colleagues

Good pay
Good first job, learn to work in fast paced environment, involved with customers and a great surrounding team that make it even more enjoyable. love it there
its okay, staff is general really nice and easy to get along with. Job satisfaction is only okay though, management can be nice also sometimes. pay is also average.
An overall ok place to work, with many friendly and welcoming comrades, however changes in policy and structure recently have driven resentment and it is clear upper management values profit and reputation over staff conditions.
Pros
Friendly team and occasional lunches/ snacks.
Cons
High stress, understaffing, longer than maximum hours, underpayment.
Woolworths is a company which as seen in recent new hasn't been completely honest about their practices and this is not only reflected in their upper management but also in the stores too. Decisions are based on politics where minorities are provided with promotions though they have no qualifications or that specific people take advantage of as being a minority and laze off and get away with it while those who work hard are expected to churn out more work. we are also provided with unrealistic deadlines and tasks with the resources not being even logical.
The experience was quite pleasant. It is a fast-paced environment and highly divided between each section. The pay is a bare minimum. Overall maybe a decent first job
Poor management without common knowledge and basic human interaction skills. Always asking higher power for advice and what to do because the training programs on offer don’t prepare them for daily running of a store and real life interaction and skills for handling staff or customers
Friendly and Team oriented work environment. Less stressful but physically you need to be stronger due to heavy lifting involve some times. You will find more flexibility because of shift work.and can be developed multitask skills. As a store team member need to work various department as a result got enough hours to generate more income.
I was bullied by my manager because he wanted to give someone else my job and expected me to work shifts outside my availability and he ran me down badly I am a really good worker and was pushed out the door because I wasn’t the type of person working there because I had a problem with working every Friday and Saturday night even though my availability didn’t include Friday night I did it for 8 months before I finally said no do I got bullied until I leftnothing was done to stop him from treating his staff badly
The most difficult part of my job was first day working at woolworths and i had no experience, i was a slow worker but really tidy and clean. i used to work at shelving and bakery.
Mostly I found that. Either you where not paid for extra time past shift, if you worked longer. Hours where cut back at times.Was a great place to work, if you where left to do your job.
Woolworths is very flexible with school and accommodating for my other jobs on short notice. The staff and customers are lovely to work with and its a perfect first job for those kids just starting out.