Woolworths Supermarket
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Woolworths Supermarket Employee Reviews for Team Member

Great work/life balanceGet along well with managers (depending on type of person they are) Quite flexible with your availabilities Room for growth if you want it enough
Pros
Free lunches, discount on shop and petrol
Cons
Customers can be rude, standing all day (if not used to it)
some staff members were rude, they don’t care about mental health. they put you on a register and then forget about you, also was bad pay for a 17 year old.
Pros
one hour lunch
Cons
everything else
It was alright not great though it was hard being night shift as the hours where super late there was also no one my age who worked there so pretty boring
Various opportunity to learn. There are career opportunity within the company to grow. Good leadership and management skills can be learnt at all times within a group.
Good stuff. 150 characters minimum is ridiculous, im just trying to get rid of the survey, i get to the end and they ask me for a paragraph on why woolies is alright.
Overall it’s a good place to be working as a first new job as you can learn and experience working i would recommend working at Woolworths store the learning skills and different departments in the store gives a wide open eye
Every day at work in a retail store is typically hectic and fast-paced. It helps learn how to manage tasks, importance of team work and customer satisfaction. The team is always willing to help and the management is super supportive. The most difficult part of this job being long standing hours and physical stress. The most satisfying part of this job would mainly be no mental stress and customer satisfaction.
Pros
Free Tea/coffee, employee benefits
Cons
Long standing hours, Physical exertion
Working there helped me gain experience and knowledge but i did't like way i was treated. I was hard working for them but they still always found a reason or way to call me out or get angry at me.
The staff members are friendly and helped in the appropriate manner to teach us all the ropes of the job and tips and tricks to help us perform. Thank you woolworths
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Woolworths Supermarket?
Got the job in year 12 and for the first three years, I can honestly say I was overall very happy. They worked around my school/uni hours and looked after my well being. I must say, I am a determined individual who enjoys working hard. That said, things started to go downhill from there. Woolworth's will treat you like a number. Your opinion, sanity and overall well being aren't valued. Management will belittle you and start to mould the way you think. They make you feel like its wrong to speak up about your concerns and to put your head down to get the job done. Taking leave (which is rightfully owed to parttime and full-timers) is shunned. Every store I've worked at is politically biased in terms of favouritism and progression. Those who suck up (no matter how good or bad they are at their job) will progress and those who don't bend thy knee, will not. Expectations keep increasing but hours keep decreasing. It's near impossible to enjoy your job and outside the fact of having people who you enjoy working with, every single other aspect about working for Woolworths is utterly negative. Honestly, people, I spent seven years at three different stores with this company and it has taken years from me. If you value your mental well being and your own self-worth, Do not work for this company. 100% honest review and finally let's just say A Current Affair would love me with the stories and things I've seen during my time here.
The work is efficient but simple, I learned how to manage goods within the store, the management team was amazing, the workplace culture is relly good, I made good friends at my time at woolworths, there honestly is no hard part of the job and the most enjoyable part is being around fun co workers.
They were very flexible as a i was a high school student and was generous with hours. We worked in a large team environment and taught me many skills i will later use in the work force.
The other team members are super friendly making work and the work isn't stressful so its kind off relaxed plus the Woolworth does its best to take care of its employees
very fast paced environment and working under pressure helps develop managerial skils and decision taking skills. the team members are very friendly and helpful.
I enjoyed it to begin with then was told after 3 months be put on contract but never happened. Management was all over the place and no communication at all. Never got straight answer for anything and got really annoyed and angry when shifts started getting ripped out from underneath you so one minute have work next minute you dont. Would never work for them again.
Need to be more consistent with hours and more communication to staff. Good team and training staff but management are not engaged and very disorganized.
Staff management are not trained in how to treat people in there team. Bullying was regular, favouritism in Rostering of casuals. Attitude of higher management to middle management was very bad overall, no training provided to middle management.
Good first job, not enough pay to make any sort of living, unless you are a manager or department manager and earn a proper salary wage. Minimum wage otherwise,
This is a good place to work. we all team members used to follow roaster. I have learned a lot in this workplace and also used and shared my experiences and knowledge with other team member. There is no hardest part i manage them all. I am always positive and always try to enjoy my work.
According to me Woolworths is one of best supermarket to work.Good and Friendly staff easy to contact with everyone. Nobody force to you to any extra job.Giving chance for better future.
Good place to work fast paced flexible with rosters management supportive social activities .If you had any issues managed wold sit down and discuss with you .