Woolworths Supermarket
View all Woolworths Supermarket reviews

Woolworths Supermarket

Woolworths Supermarket Employee Review

Had several different managers at different times. Managers come & go quickly sadly. Some were amazing & others not so much.I turned up for every shift but quite often as I worked weekends, others would not, so we were short staffed often which put pressure on getting work done in a shorter time frame. Always getting pushed to go harder & faster .. we’re only human. A lot of pressure to fill shelves extremely fast with a minimum wage including sore, tired, muscles not to mention cuts and hands getting bashed on shelving.

Pros

Free lunches on special occasions if it’s within your particular shift when there.

Cons

Staff shortages. Manager rudeness. Go go go.

Same role

Not enough night hours

They changed their operations times so only 12-15 hours per week for night fills now. Paid is low for full time and part time. Too many interviews for just team member role.
Same role

Good place to start

Generally a good place to start a first time job. Low barriers of entry and will be able to get a regular on-going schedule. Not much dramas between employees
Same location

No matter what you do they want more

As a manager I did not have alot of say in the running of the dept. No matter how hard I worked it wasn't good enough. Not enough hours allowed to get jobs done efficiently, and would have to cover sickies myself which left my jobs unattainable some days which then rolled over and the position could not be efficiently run.Store Management changed 3 times in less than 12 months which doesn't give time to build a good working relationship .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woolworths Supermarket. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Woolworths Supermarket with

• Woolworths Supermarket
  • Would be different at various supermarkets and also friends on the personality of your managers.