Workday Employee Reviews

excellent
Title Search Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX14 June 2019
Worway gave me my first experience working as a title clerk. I used my data entry skills computer and problem solving skill to get title ready for sales. I enjoyed using Soft pro computer system to get titles clear, I worked through all county districts to search plats for personal and commercial properties. It was tedious work but I enjoyed it, The environment was faced paced but It didnt bother me.
Workday is a personality cult
Developer (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA6 June 2019
Working at Workday is like dating that awful guy you think will change, but he never does. I’m working with yet another manager that doesn’t listen to me. I’ve come to realize that the quality of my work doesn’t mean anything. I can only get ahead here by trying to accumulate social capital. My previous manager left many things undone and won’t meet to even review where things were left. Of course, they were promoted. The irony for me is that I need to leave Workday because it’s not keeping up with the tech in my field. I came to Workday expecting to be at the forefront and whenever I bring up current practices and best in class ideas, I get shut down. It’s uttterly demoralizing.
Pros
Free peanut m&ms
Cons
The cliques
Fun and Innovative
professional services (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London10 May 2019
The product is exciting and innovative, the people are nice. The culture is evolving and varies in different countries and departments, with head office being the closet to the ideal.
Incredible culture, advancement opportunities, great benefits
Senior Associate Tools and Enablement Architect (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA16 April 2019
Workday culture is incredible--from co-workers to management to free snacks/coffee/bagels, even bringing your dogs to work, Workday does things at a high level. Very collaborative culture with an emphasis on empowering individuals to make decisions and learn from mistakes. Plenty of social groups to be a part of as well!

Main challenge is the learning curve of technology. I love that Workday takes calculated risks when hiring people that may or may not fit the exact background of a given role. In my case, I was not able to meet the requirement for passing a certification exam. This was all explained prior to hire, I should mention. So, again, transparency in expectations with the support to help you become successful is what makes Workday stand out amongst other companies.
Pros
Incredible workplace culture, great benefits, room for advancement
Cons
Learning curve of technology can be challenging
Fun Workplace with old technology
Senior Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA28 March 2019
Workday is a great place to work for people getting started in their careers but the technology is getting old and there's little desire from leadership to recognize the competitive pressure to make the tough choices to move away from it.
Pros
Volleyball, Ping Pong, normal work hours
Cons
Poor UI, legacy tech, below market pay
Great Company
Pre-Sales Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA14 March 2019
I was not there that long because I had another position I had committed to but regardless, I liked Workday. And if another opening came up I would take it.
Only 12 years old, but already peaked...
Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA7 March 2019
In the 3 years I've been there I saw the strong, positive company culture dissolve into a shadow of itself. Not a place to build a career. Extremely political and nepotistic. On the plus side it pays pretty well and has above-average perks. Wish it was a place to build a lifetime career, but just cannot take it anymore.
Pros
Snacks, pay, benefits
Cons
Watching a great company turn into a mediocre one
Horrible Business technology management
Sr Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA24 February 2019
Workday is a fun company to begin with. The core workday products are truly a top notch tech product. However the business technology has incompetent management and managers who promote discrimination, harassment and most importantly encourage withholding information. If a project has red flags instead of going to the drawing board and mitigating they try to stick to the timeline and deliver a poor quality. No culture and respect for human beings and only who lack competency at all levels can survive at business technology. One of the most incompetent CIO with no vision and a decision maker based on emotions.
Pros
Good product, Good business team
Cons
no work life balance, incompetency at management and discrimination
Transformational project
Salesforce Project Manager- Consulting (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA25 January 2019
This initiative impacted multiple organizations with direct revenue generating objective. The project was in line with the overall company objective to increase revenue.
Great company that does what they say they can do.
Large Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MI16 January 2019
Incredible company that is completely driven by changing the way customers find value in their tools. Customer satisfaction rating is over 98%, and often go live on-time and on-budget.
Great Place to work
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner (contract) (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA6 January 2019
Growth and advancement
Fun work environment
Strong leadership
ability to work remote
supportive environment
always had to have a nice attitude
cheap and good food in the cafe
The first 6 months were the best job I had
Manager (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA1 January 2019
Then came the re-org and everything changed for the worse. I was valued for my ideas and input and then all of a sudden I wasn't. Relationship between mid-manager and senior-manager took precedence over the team.
its getting political
Sr. Cisco Unified Communications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA11 November 2018
The company as a whole is great, great mission, great ideas, great intent.

There is an issue with politics. Certain teams are getting very political and unless you are part of the "inner" circle, consider yourself an outcast. Some egos and cockyness is why I left. Fast forward a couple years later, I found that things did not change and only got worse.

Not sure whats to come, I hope it gets better. The public loves this company.
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (CW) (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA3 November 2018
Great place to work. Company is good to its employees, lots of projects - have a great manager. Give you what you need to get your work done, not many meetings - forward looking.
Nice environs, poor processes
Data Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA1 November 2018
The good part is that your internal customer will really appreciate what you do if you turn things around quickly. Also, the compensation is on the high side and the building is nice tho the parking is tight. you will have to frequently park across in the mall parking lot.

The bad part is that there are too many managers and directors and VPs who don't do a thing for you. It's not that they micromanage. They just don't care what you do as long as nothing breaks and there are no escalations.

if you see something risky or inefficient and need a process change, good luck getting any attention. They're too busy networking incestuously with each other.

The politics is above average. They do care about your performance and coding skills but you need equally strong "suck up" skills.

Do you know how to flatter the egos of mostly irrelevant managers and directors as well as you know how to code? If so you'll do fine here.
Pros
Appreciative internal customers
Cons
nepotism and politics
Great Company - Terrible Manager
Operations Analyst Contract Administration (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA25 October 2018
Workday was a great company, but unfortunately my Manager was a bully and I chose not to work under these conditions. I also worked on legal contracts and I could end up working 14-15 hours a day during quarter ends, but expectations were to work as much as needed on a daily basis, which probably averaged about 11 hours per day.
Great Company with great benifits
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA12 October 2018
Workday is a great company i've been with them for 3 years now never really had a major issue with the way the company treat it's emplyees, i would highly recommend joining the company
Quality Assurance Engineer / QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA10 October 2018
I love working here, its great. Good compensation, great work life balance, stocks, good snacks, bagels, drinks, unlimited PTO, and career growth opportunities. On site gym and cafeteria but wish the food was free.
Workplace Culture
Associate Integration Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA7 October 2018
Workday is full of friendly, motivated fun-loving individuals who work hard and play hard. The company is driven by its core values and those values show in day to day operations.
HR isn't a great place to work
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA3 October 2018
Had a lot of autonomy but lacked truthful conversations. There are some wonderful people who work there and the collaboration between teams was solid.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Workday. Our community is ready to answer.