Workforce International logo
Workforce International
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Workforce International Employee Reviews for Traffic Controller

Work–Life Balance

Casual Only - Don’t Expect Full-Time Permanent Position

Simply put... *You are required to sign an outdated Enterprise Bargaining Agreement (EBA) that really only benefits the company in making profit, before even eligible to work with Workforce Road Services, and most recent EBA was rejected by Fair Work Commission, due to multiple formal disputes. *You are paid on Casual basis, yet, you are criticised by Management for not wanting to work Full-Time, and in many cases, you won’t receive any work from allocator, if you dare to dispute the matter or don’t accept job texts sent at random hours. * You can potentially earn good money working in Traffic Control, but, you need to work for more than 60 hours a week as Casual to earn a living and/or have enough saved, if work becomes inconsistent or you become sick and cannot work, as you get no benefits that Full-Time (rare) employees are accustomed to getting.

Pros

Decent Job For People Wanting Short-Term Work

Cons

Long Hours Are Needed To Earn Decent Pay

You are not stuck in a building with air conditioning and fluorescent lights

You are out side in a different place all the time. Working with different people from different walks of life. You need to be motivated and not lazy. You can’t leave it all to one person to do all the work. If you show initiative and work hard you will get more work

Pros

When you work you get paid

Cons

When you don’t work you don’t get paid

Ship

1 contract is not enough to put food on the table. They were shocking.1 contract is not enough. X2 four hour shifts a week or fortnight is not enough. They did not have enough work. The lady in the office did not care about getting more contracts.

Pros

Non

This company is the best to work for as a traffic controller

Workforse is the most kicked back company in the industry . Have you ever had a job were you can sleep and get paid for it . There awsome they even let you know days before a drug test just to make sure you pass They look after you especially if you give the allocators gossip and Throw everyone under the bus .

productive

out on the roads I learned a lot about traffic management, this company gave me the opportunity to start in the industry, no complains about workforce

Productive fun workplace!

Well paid fun workplace, a typical day was driving to site in the company ute and signing out the entire site. Management was good and workplace culture also good. Payday was always the best day!

great

great company to work for. leant number of new task got a lot of support great work culture enjoyed the jobs good night shift good hourly rate great crew

No theee isn’t

Traffic controller red carder and still don’t give me hours and I got a take home Ute and they are racist I wouldn’t recommend no to work for them try lack group or Atlus

Pros

Not enough hours

Cons

Ungornised

excellent company to be subbed out for to others.

I worked for Ready workforce for over 5 years and they had work for me all the time the management work great and office staff were helpful i'd recommend this company to anyone.

Pros

great salary.

Cons

the distance you have to travel.

great place over all

Good place to work, plenty of shifts available. every one was easy to get along with and very helpful in showing you the ropes if you were just starting out.

Jobs at Workforce International

Traffic Controller positions
See more jobs

good company to work for

this is a good company to work for with varied job sites, the staff are knowledgeable and helpful and the clients are very friendly as are the other traffic controllers I have been rostered with

Pros

varied job sites

Cons

long hours with no breaks ( sometimes)

Workforce

Was good money but hard work and wasn't consistent work, only offering work to employees when the work was needed. Tried to gain more qualifications through work, however it was more of a who you know system not what you know.

Not fun 1/10 to hot an to cold wouldnt work here again

To hot to cold no whwere to go to the toilet company supplies beat up signs an work utes they dont care about there workers they push everything under the carpet unless it suites them

Pros

$20 drive to site

Cons

Hot an cold conditions

time spent at workforce

Alright to work for but they hire to many traffic controllers with not enough work so some days you go weeks without work so not a job for stable income, Some very friendly supervisors who will teach you a lot and give good advice but most just talk about each other and gossip like crazy.

Pros

Good pay rate, Some friendly supervisors.

Cons

Not much work, Too many traffic controllers, SOOO much gossip...

Jobs for the boys

Sometimes you get tempted in life by illusory things, and that is exactly what Workforce is I have been around the traps and have worked for good and bad - my advice DON'T work for these charlatans no matter how desperate you are for work - you have been warned!

Pros

Promises

Cons

Delivery

Nil

I do no wish to provide a review about this company as my experience has not been positive. Though i do not wish to bad mouth or put negative publicity on the company.

Long hours standing

I work for a traffic control company, therefor the work is outside. It's hot or cold, but ok, there is no typical day at work. Usually you would go somewhere different every day, if you had the chance to work every day. If there is night work available it pays better.

Unique Job Experience

A typical work day isn't very typical I love the fact that we get a new workplace everyday and you are rarely disappointed by the views or the people that we deal with day to day. I've learned so much from this work place that you almost cant write it down, more so meeting new and fantastic people. My co-workers are my boss's and my friends, I've never enjoyed such a great group of people so far and hope to meet many more though my workplace endeavours. The hardest part of my job would defiantly have to be the hours of standing up sometimes for 12 hours at a time but its very much worth it at the end of the day. Like I said earlier the greatest part of my job would have to be the people/colleagues. They have been so nice and accepting to me especially in a very much so male environment. But I have learned to adapt and learned some very important socializing skills for everyday life and work life.

Pros

People and experience.

Cons

Long hours and physically straining.

Productive, fun place to work with team mates

My typical day at work would be following correct procedures, adhering to workplace policies, whilst sustaining professional relationships with my co workers. I am a versatile employee with the ability to tackle any role presented to me. I thrive on challenges and exercise my ability to overcome any obstacles/problem solving. I enjoy working with my team mates who all have a great sense of humor, with a cheerful attitude.

Pros

great hours, great team to work with

Cons

nil

work not suitable

Traffic control hour's are all over the place and not suitable for a large family like mine and only getting 1 day a week did not feed my family or pay the bills .

Pros

work in the great out doors

Cons

not enough work

flexible hours

oh yea it was ok the team was quite easy to get along with and let me find my feet at my own pace they have various roles available and hours are very good for the money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Workforce International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question