World Bank Employee Reviews

Riche expérience
RESPONSABLE MARKETING ET COMMUNICATION (Former Employee) –  Bouaké19 June 2019
Un grand nombre de nouveau défis passionnant à relever chaque jour
Intense travelling - Need work life balance
Investment Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC18 June 2019
Can be challenging to work for. Many reporting lines and a lot of research needed to generate projects. Excellent work place, learning environment and benefits.
Great place to Volunteer and Intern.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 2043316 June 2019
I volunteered at the world bank for 20 plus hours, and i thoroughly enjoyed my time there. The staff were very pleasant and i would definitely go there again if I needed more hours.
Pros
Free lunches
Dynamic and multicultural environment
Program coordinator of PDP & Media Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC31 May 2019
Fun-filled experience with dynamic and enterprising people. There was scope for diverse cultural exchange. Learnt organizational and management skills.
great opportunity for growth
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  SO27 May 2019
I rate this very high

It gave me great understanding and practical knowledge of both mainstream and social media
Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, digital marketing tools (such as Mailchimp, Salesforce Marketing Cloud or equivalent platforms) as well as experience using media monitoring tools
Team player with the ability to work independently
Pros
the pay
Cons
the hours were long
Great environment to learn and gain expereinces
Consultant in Financial Management Sector (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC24 May 2019
Great environment to learn and gain experiences. I was a contractor there so do not have too much to say about the overall working environment. I guess it's different for full time employees
GGS GWASO Administrative Assistant GC (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC21 May 2019
Very good place to work. The culture is great. Compensation was good to me as a single person but those earning the same with families had a challenge
Nice place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC16 May 2019
Love this place of employment..Very fast pace time the people are friendly,nice clean building money was great, unlimited overtime, My superior was the sweetest person in the world.
Pros
Money
flexibilidad horaria
SHORT TERM CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Bogotá, Cundinamarca7 May 2019
como consultor uno maneja su propio tiempo, las relaciones al interior del banco son muy buenas, beun ambiente laboral
Cons
dificultad de ascender o nuevos proyectos
Good community to work with
PROJECT COORDINATORa (Former Employee) –  Colombo6 May 2019
I was not an employee of the world bank but i have been working with them for 3 years on a grant which they gave for Sri Lankan government to run the e-Sri Lanka project.
acknowledgment
Legal Advisor (Former Employee) –  Velāyat-e Kābol23 April 2019
There is a very good opportunity for everyone to work and develop their careers. I have worked through the World Bank projects for different Afghanistan government offices.
Economic consultant
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC16 April 2019
My typical day when I was in the World Bank consist of managing, analysis and reporting of economic database of Sudan. I also conduct macroeconomic modeling for Sudan and Ethiopia. I have learned the importance of institutional capacity building in developing nations in their prosperity and economic growth.The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to meet and participate in the dialogues of the government of Sudan and Ethiopia.
Pros
Missions and travel to developing countries
SSL Volunteer
Book Organizer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC11 April 2019
I worked as an SSL Volunteer for the World Bank Book Project and we sorted books by genre in order to donate them. I really enjoyed my time here as a volunteer.
very nice place to work
Sr Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC9 April 2019
hectic work at a typical day.

I learned new technologies.

management is very nice.

Very good place to work. its my pleasure to work in world bank group.

lot of scope for learning new technologies.

Thanks for opportunity,
motvated
Projects Control Manager Trans Hindukush Road (Former Employee) –  Afghanistan5 April 2019
I had a good environmental in the world bank work and for the case of re location I leave the work with that. I love to work again and again with world bank.
Pros
free food
Cons
excelletn envoinment
Enriching job but no career advancement
Research Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC29 March 2019
As a consultant there was very little focus on career guidance or growth. Very little access to management. There was a constant need to network to hunt for the next contract
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
No career advancement
It was fun working the world Bank. lt was picking up people from the Airport. And driving Mr Rague to his meetings all the time. 0
driving (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng27 March 2019
yes it was a good time to work for the World Bank .l a joyed work for them. It was just that I wanted to be own my own .To do my own business.
Cons
Cool place to work with a great mission
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC24 March 2019
The environment is very open. Lots of opportunities to network and migrate. International work environment that will keep you on your toes. Many challenges.
Good work place
H R Office Assistant (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC20 March 2019
It's was a good place to work unfortunately I was contractor . If I had a chance to be there as permanent I could stay . The people working there got more benefits than us as contractors .
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Free place for Gymn.
helping LSGDs
Regional Project Director/ DD- Environment (Former Employee) –  Malappuram, Kerala1 March 2019
providing water supply and sanitation facilities through peoples and LSGDs contribution was very tedious job,but the members of the beneficiary groups of Kerala people cooperated the project was a success
Pros
All good
Cons
nil