World Vision Australia Employee Reviews

Fundraising Promoter (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA29 October 2018
You feel great working for this company, but the constant pressure to get sponsorships often made it feel like it was about the result for the company, not the children at all.
Productive workplace with inclusive culture
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC24 July 2018
Productive supportive workplace that gave me great insight into community development and expanded my awareness of cultural compentency domestically and internationally.
Overall a great place to work
Contact Centre Consultant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC28 December 2017
World Vision Australia is a great place to work. It is both financially and emotionally rewarding. Great work culture.Friendly co-workers and willingness of the managers to help, really makes it a great place to work.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Sales Pressure
My current Orgnisation
Acting Centre Manager/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Melbourne-Australia4 December 2017
My current company is such a great organisation to work for, with such a good work environment and work ethic. The cause and the mission of helping others who are in needs has been one of my key drivers through out my journey. I have brought years of management experience which helped our centre and organisation in various ways. We have such positive teams who are driven and always striving for success and in making a change to the world.
A very professional organisation and wonderful staff
Fund raising Promotor (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW24 September 2017
Totally loved being out and about in the malls fund raising and bringing in Child Sponsorship's for World Vision. Shifts were of a doable length. I learned to have wonderful conversations with the public. A very respectful and professional workplace culture. The hardest part of the job was maintaining very high energy/persona.The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of connecting the children to sponsors.
Cons
Scheduling was dependent on prior successes in the field
Its fun but requires great communication skills
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD5 December 2016
Having effective communication skills will make your job much fun and enjoyable. And plus being a people's person and a smile-lover will help you getting your stuff done.
Vibrant company with excellent staff support
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  QLD3 June 2016
A great community driven by passion for poor communities. Excellent travel opportunities. Fair compensation and great feedback and support from Managers. Employees are treated with respect.
Pros
Good working hours
Productive office workplace that was an interesting experience
Work experience at World Vision Australia (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 May 2016
For a year 10 student to be able to visit one of the headquarters for World Vision work experience, it was a great honour. Seeing how the office worked and how they managed operations, staff and events were interesting.

During my time in the office (1 week, normal school hours) I was able to participate in a variety of different tasks around the office. I helped organise a main youth event coming up by helping to sort hundreds of shirts into boxes, and packing cars. I was given the task of creating a notice board for multicultural day, filling out various booklets and participating in organising and viewing job interviews for staff. This gave me an idea about how staff at World Vision were hired and what they are looking for as an organisation.

The community within the staff was enjoyable as I was taken out to lunch on the last day to a Thai restaurant.
People are friendly.
Courier/Mail officer (Current Employee) –  1 Vision Dr, Burwood east, Melbourne,Vic 315121 April 2016
A typical day starts at 7.45am with mail delivery. Then sorting, distribution, Counting donations and processing for banking team. Second mail delivery, Couriers incoming and outgoing,liasing with Australia post,arranging transport, overseas mail, domestic mail, campaigns, complaints. In quiet times helping property with small tasks like rubbish removal, also doing reception on a relieving basis. Day finishes at 4.15pm
Pros
salary packaging
Cons
Travel and insecure workplace due to cutbacks.
Great place to work with wonderful international outcomes
Senior Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD21 April 2016
World Vision Australia is a premium international poverty busting charity that positively impacts on the lives of some 2 million children, their families and their communities. I learned so much about international poverty and social justice issues in the years I worked there. My role was in fundraising through engaging faith groups in partnerships, major gift giving and including gifts in wills. It was a very rewarding career. The most enjoyable part of the job was to meet long term supporters, many of whom had been sponsoring children for more than 20 years. The longest term supporter I met was a delightful lady who started sponsoring in 1959!!
Pros
Flexibility and opportunities for personal growth
Cons
Can be a confronting environment from an issues perspective.
Lovely people to work with, boosts overall confidence
Promoter (Former Employee) –  Fountain Gate VIC7 April 2016
Great company for a great cause!
Allows you to learn about the world and what is happening outside Australia and give you a larger perspective on life whilst earning money and working!
Pros
Breaks when we get tired
Cons
Lots of rejections by shoppers
World Vision Australia
SPONSORSHIP MARKETING & SALES (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC15 February 2016
Very catty environment. Too many people there that only look after their own agenda and not the company. People in positions because there isn't anyone else to fill it.
Pros
Leading organisation
Cons
Single minded people
Great way of building rapport with potential supporters
Sales Promoter (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSW13 November 2015
Working with World Vision is a great opportunity to build rapport with potential supporters by finding their values and linking it back to the child profile, thus enabling how their values can potentially help the child.
The hardest part about working for World Vision is being always rejected and sometimes people treating you like your not a person. However what I have learnt from this job is to always be resilient and persistent in what I do and to know that every rejection is one step closer to a child sponsorship.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when someone decides to sponsor a child that is in need which gives me the motivation to keep on doing this job and for me to know that I am able to help others as well.
Also my co-workers gave me great support and guidance throughout my work at World Vision, giving me the self-motivation and encouragement I needed when times got a bit tough.
Pros
Great supportive environment
Cons
Hard being rejected all the time
Sales Consultant
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA21 June 2015
WVA works in sales and sponsorships coming from the general public. I received a massive training in sales which I enjoyed. The sponsorships are sold in person and there are targets as any other sales company. It's important to develop a tasks for the work and product in case. The social cause behind is a strong motivator for this kind of job.
Pros
supervision, management, training, the atmosphere at work
Cons
salary, long distances and hours
Currently employed by World Vision, Australia Programs, as the Program Manager for Young Mob Leaders Program.
Program Manager, Young Mob Leaders Program (Current Employee) –  Sydney31 March 2014
Within this role I am responsible for program implementation of an Indigenous Cultural Program that builds capacity and confidence in Indigenous Young People within high schools and Juvenile Justice and managing a small team. Key functions are:

• Undertake internal and external community and stakeholder consultations in order to successfully plan and implement the project.
• In collaboration with project team and partners, lead the successful implementation of activities including the development of curriculum and training for facilitators
• Lead annual implementation planning for project taking into account feedback from stakeholders, team learnings and project monitoring and evaluation, as well as quarterly review of planned activities.
• Explore and link the Project to services and programs available in the region and lead partnership development to achieve project outcomes.
• Undertake meetings to ensure progress towards project outcomes, stakeholders are appropriately engaged and community engagement and ownership of development outcomes increasing.
• Ensure project and resources are managed in line with standard WVA policies and requirements including budget management.
• Manage contract negotiations and be accountable for contract management (both income and expenditure contracts)

Adaptive Development Practice

• Ensure the project design and planned activities are responsive to changing needs of community, partners and changes in the social and political environment.
• Lead project team and work collaboratively with the Technical team as required to monitor
  more... progress of project, lead action learning, as well as determine adjustments to either project design or how the project is manage to achieve project outcomes.
• Prepare project reports as required (narrative and financial) in line with WV requirement s.
• Work closely with Project Facilitators, WVA Coordinators, and stakeholders to share information and document lessons learned for the wider sector.
• Be informed of the wider Australia Program and WVA organization to ensure WVA lessons learned, development models and approaches inform action learning in the project.
• Manage project data collection system

Manage a Team

• Manage and support the staff to effectively carry out their roles.
• In collaboration with the Project staff, provide leadership and management for facilitators in the Project including; identify, mentor and support positions as appropriate.
• As required make recommendations on operational staffing changes to ensure project outcomes are achieved.
Team members fun to work with, charity is satisfying to the soul.
Temp (Former Employee) –  Burwood East, Vic24 April 2013
During my temp position, I mastered a system which is quite old and complex. I learned in more depth about what a child sponsorship truly entails, the procedures, statistics and the work of those behind community development projects. The hardest part of the job was not having any floor support from supervisors and coordinators. I mainly had to rely on co-worker's for help and I sincerely appreciate their help. I loved sharing sponsorship stories with supporters and hearing about their passion in helping children living in poverty across the globe. Although most calls were quick and merely to update payment details or contact details.
Pros
flexible shifts
Cons
not enough floor support
Core values were wonderful
Finance Officer - Projects (Former Employee) –  Burwood, Melbourne Vic4 December 2012
Great exposure to how a charitable organisation functioned. Thoughroughly enjoyed my work. The program manager whom I reported to was an exceptionally wonderful person. He was very knowledgeable, very understanding and easily approachable.
Pros
free car parking
Cons
cannot think of any