World Vision International
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

World Vision International Employee Reviews

Australia33 reviews
Great work experience, great managers and colleagues. Even in times when we face trouble the managers always come forward with their helping hand to guide us.
It was always fun working with different promoters especially when working on a project. it was a collective environment and though competitive you get all the needed support to excell.
The growth opportunities at World vision is very high especially at this stage with data analytics team.

The scope of this team's project is promising.
I am delightful working there.
As my job was regarding technical specifications and sourcing, i loved working there. the employees were friendly enough.
This position was a fantastic opportunity to enhance my sales skills, emotional intelligence and confidence. It was a supportive workplace that gave you creative freedom to cultivate your own engagement and sales techniques to achieve your KPIs.
I work with young indigenous youth within schools and the community. I gave them the opportunity to seek and learn more about culture within schools hours and once a student has shown me there full potential of willing to learn more about culture, we take them on a culture camp
Had to raise funds for young immigrants and put ourselves in the same position, intellectually rewarding, 100% would recommend to anyone thinking of volunteering.
I was pleased to represent World Vision as I had been a supporter for many years.
The location and layout of the office space worked really well and the lake behind the building made a lovely place for a walk at lunch.

A typical day would include answering in coming calls, amending or updating sponsors information, taking donations, answering general inquires and sticking to the internal monitoring system that was part of each customer services reps KPI.

Hardest part of the role was having to try and convince supporters to take up unsponsored children.

However the best part of working for World Vision was feeling part of something bigger, better and connecting to the wider community. I was amazed at just how generous Australians are, and this was always rewarding.
Pros
Lovely work space and cafe
Cons
hours and pay
Wrapping presents, interacting with customers and managing the stalls. Learned skills in customer service and also handling money.

Leaders were super friendly
It is a good place to work however less chances to grow. They have good values to establish relationship for children who are needed. It is very good thought to help and support people in need and that is what World vision is all about. I have learned to be more compassionate and become good listener.
Pros
Great feeling to help community
Cons
Growth is slow
Great team culture where everyone will motivate you to succeed. The company loves its employees and hosts at least one get together every two months to celebrate the great work that everyone does in the retail team.
Awesome team. All friendly and willing to have a conversation.
it was a part time job during high school. hours were flexible, pay was good considering my age.

Was the general cleaner and had to perform basic cleaning duties. the bins were never too overflowing and bench spaces and kitchen never overly messy. Plus it was a more smaller office space.

Would have loved to work here for longer but had to finish due to moving overseas.
You feel great working for this company, but the constant pressure to get sponsorships often made it feel like it was about the result for the company, not the children at all.
- Lovely place to work
- Volunteer positions only

- Management very university-student friendly (days to study etc.)

- All stock fairtrade

- Proceeds went back to communities in poverty, endorsed microfinance loans - fantastic cause
Such a great work environment and exceptional work ethic. I have learned a lot about relationship management. It was a great way to gain a new experience in a field I am very passionate about.
Typical Day when only meetings were conducted with different stakeholders. I learned what is CBDRM and Disasters phenomena. working environment was friendly and operative. Hardest part of the job was when World Vision Australia sent some clothing stuff for school going children at siren valley of manshera and children were demanding for more than one piece. During my stay with World Vision International i enjoyed CBDRM training participation from local communities.
Productive supportive workplace that gave me great insight into community development and expanded my awareness of cultural compentency domestically and internationally.
Excellent support, education, training and all aspects of job were EXCEPTIONAL - providing amazing services around the world to children and those in need
World Vision Australia is a great place to work. It is both financially and emotionally rewarding. Great work culture.Friendly co-workers and willingness of the managers to help, really makes it a great place to work.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Sales Pressure
My current company is such a great organisation to work for, with such a good work environment and work ethic. The cause and the mission of helping others who are in needs has been one of my key drivers through out my journey. I have brought years of management experience which helped our centre and organisation in various ways. We have such positive teams who are driven and always striving for success and in making a change to the world.
Totally loved being out and about in the malls fund raising and bringing in Child Sponsorship's for World Vision. Shifts were of a doable length. I learned to have wonderful conversations with the public. A very respectful and professional workplace culture. The hardest part of the job was maintaining very high energy/persona.The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of connecting the children to sponsors.
Cons
Scheduling was dependent on prior successes in the field
Ask a question about working or interviewing at World Vision International. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2