World Vision International Employee Reviews

Works with indigenous youth
Volunteer Worker (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW29 May 2019
I work with young indigenous youth within schools and the community. I gave them the opportunity to seek and learn more about culture within schools hours and once a student has shown me there full potential of willing to learn more about culture, we take them on a culture camp
World Vision Review
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burwood VIC25 April 2019
I was pleased to represent World Vision as I had been a supporter for many years.
The location and layout of the office space worked really well and the lake behind the building made a lovely place for a walk at lunch.
A typical day would include answering in coming calls, amending or updating sponsors information, taking donations, answering general inquires and sticking to the internal monitoring system that was part of each customer services reps KPI.

Hardest part of the role was having to try and convince supporters to take up unsponsored children.
However the best part of working for World Vision was feeling part of something bigger, better and connecting to the wider community. I was amazed at just how generous Australians are, and this was always rewarding.
Pros
Lovely work space and cafe
Cons
hours and pay
Friendly environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Macquarie Centre NSW2 January 2019
Wrapping presents, interacting with customers and managing the stalls. Learned skills in customer service and also handling money.

Leaders were super friendly
Good Place
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Collections Officer27 November 2018
It is a good place to work however less chances to grow. They have good values to establish relationship for children who are needed. It is very good thought to help and support people in need and that is what World vision is all about. I have learned to be more compassionate and become good listener.
Pros
Great feeling to help community
Cons
Growth is slow
Fun place to work for
Senior Fundraising Promoter (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC21 November 2018
Great team culture where everyone will motivate you to succeed. The company loves its employees and hosts at least one get together every two months to celebrate the great work that everyone does in the retail team.
Excellent Corporate Culture
PART-TIME GENERAL CLEANER (Former Employee) –  Wellington9 November 2018
Awesome team. All friendly and willing to have a conversation.
it was a part time job during high school. hours were flexible, pay was good considering my age.
Was the general cleaner and had to perform basic cleaning duties. the bins were never too overflowing and bench spaces and kitchen never overly messy. Plus it was a more smaller office space.
Would have loved to work here for longer but had to finish due to moving overseas.
Lovely work environment and management
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eagle Heights QLD 427119 October 2018
- Lovely place to work
- Volunteer positions only
- Management very university-student friendly (days to study etc.)
- All stock fairtrade
- Proceeds went back to communities in poverty, endorsed microfinance loans - fantastic cause
Inspiring atmosphere
Fundraiser-Promoter (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW10 September 2018
Such a great work environment and exceptional work ethic. I have learned a lot about relationship management. It was a great way to gain a new experience in a field I am very passionate about.
Dealing With Disaster Mitigation
HR/Administrator Officer (Former Employee) –  Manshera8 September 2018
Typical Day when only meetings were conducted with different stakeholders. I learned what is CBDRM and Disasters phenomena. working environment was friendly and operative. Hardest part of the job was when World Vision Australia sent some clothing stuff for school going children at siren valley of manshera and children were demanding for more than one piece. During my stay with World Vision International i enjoyed CBDRM training participation from local communities.
Excellent Team
Fundraising Promoter (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 July 2018
Excellent support, education, training and all aspects of job were EXCEPTIONAL - providing amazing services around the world to children and those in need