Worley
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Worley:

Worley Employee Reviews

Australia67 reviews
Worked with professional and competent staff
I worked at Worley from 2008 to 2012. It was good and I enjoyed the experience. I had the opportunity to travel to other parts of Australia and overseas
Accommodating
The group I work in is very flexible with work hours and location. They strive to give a good work life balance. Management is helpful and understanding that sometimes life gets in the way.
Good safety culture.
Supportive place to work
Worley provided good guidance and support for the role which had a very challenging client. There was good facilities and tools available to enable me to complete my role.
Techno nerds
Full of techno nerds and very clique-ey. Little or no teamwork. A lot of internal competition. A fairly repulsive culture. Not many people are useful work companions and not that much real competence either. You have to feel for the clients.
Global company
Global company with many opportunities for development and growth. you can make your own career. Great environment for an enthusiastic and upbeat professional looking to make their mark on the world and help clients achieve their goals
Stressful environment
The company is still trying to find its feed after the merger and the processes are confusing. Some managers are great but some do not know their position, expecting you to take the fall for their incompetence. Engineering team is great and knowledgeable but are unsure on hours required to spend on the projects. The culture is stressful specifically near deadlines.
Not sustainable employment
No value recognition. Manager get the credit for hard work of subordinates. No opportunity for growth. You have to be either the bully to abuse others or hard worker to be abused.
Pros
Nice view at QV1
Cons
Abusive workplace
good company to work
worley is global company, I would like to work with in the friendly environment and good team people with more projects arising. and more opportunities.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Worley?
fun and supportive working environment
Had a wonderful time working in WP just after relocating to Australia. A lot of support blending into my new HR role, which after some time allowed me to progress further into HR systems.
Great work-life balance, great location right in the centre of Perth walking distance to the train line.
Pros
great team
Cons
hr function outsourced
Poor workplace culture
Cronyism and favouritism is rampant.
Management liking you is more important that your job performance.

Promotions, wage increases and other advantages go to individuals who act obsequiously towards management.

This breeds a conniving and unhealthy workplace culture where employees throw each other under the bus with abandon.
Cons
Cronyism and favouritism
Good people, questionable strategy in the modern age
Very good people in an industry that is extremely challenged by the emergence and encroachment of new age competitors to create a less engineered future.
Great Learning but questionable leadership
Great start for anyone trying to get into the industry but very questionable leadership decision and direction.
More Flexible working hours, sometime free lunches, regular business updates.

A lot of "in your on time" complete "Required" safety Q&A which will take hours out of your week.
Pros
as above
Cons
as above
My working time with Worley Parsons was very good
This contract with Worley Parsons on the 155 Port Headland FMG Port Upgrade as an E&I Superintendent was a great position and job. It allowed me to experience the management of electrical contractors, Iron Ore construction, Ship loaders, Ore stackers and reclaimers and HV distrubition
Challenging work environment
Challenging work environment from a point of view of managing a number of Projects' expectations. Constantly we are expediting engineering deliverables.
Engineering restricted by budget.constraints.
Extremely long hours worked, balanced somewhat by reasonable rosters. Other constraints are the procedures and standards that are never updated unless there are some monetary gains.
Pros
Good safety culture.
Cons
Not interested to embrace any new method of working.
Result focussed company.
Exceptionally long hours at work.
Working alongside various disciplines and required to interact with them. Client is mainly focussed on budget constraints.
Pros
New types of engineering being introduced.
Cons
Difficult place to introduce new ideas.
Busy atmosphere, very productive and professional. Cohesion between disciplines. Each division having the same end goal. Respect for one another. Mutual Support.
Pros
Site Work
Cons
Short Deadlines
Good productive work place
Very large Company to work for with a good depth of expertise in all areas of the construction industry.
Management always seamed a little isolated and were a little difficult to engage at times.

Always a variety of ongoing project .

Excellent remuneration for efforts & good bonus system.
Pros
challanging work place
Nice work culture
The organisation has nice work culture and highly focused on technical aspects of projects. At our time it was probably the best consultancy organisation for basic and detailed engineering.
Pros
Work with highly knowledgeable people
Cons
Gorwth was not balanced
WorleyParsons is a Front End Design and detailed engineering organisation. Due to my strong background in basic and detailed engineering I enjoyed my job.
Pros
Excellent work culture
Cons
Unable to foresee the market
As a project manager I have access to Engineering resources, then it is up to me to manage and coordinate the team
WP is listed on the ASX and either works on Turnkey projects or places resources at worksites under the Improve project delivery model. The team is generally well experienced.