WorleyParsons Employee Reviews

Found 57 reviews matching the search See all 1,524 reviews
Poor workplace culture
LOGISTICS (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 January 2019
Cronyism and favouritism is rampant.
Management liking you is more important that your job performance.
Promotions, wage increases and other advantages go to individuals who act obsequiously towards management.
This breeds a conniving and unhealthy workplace culture where employees throw each other under the bus with abandon.
Cons
Cronyism and favouritism
Good people, questionable strategy in the modern age
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC19 September 2018
Very good people in an industry that is extremely challenged by the emergence and encroachment of new age competitors to create a less engineered future.
Great Learning but questionable leadership
I&E Designer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD21 June 2018
Great start for anyone trying to get into the industry but very questionable leadership decision and direction.
More Flexible working hours, sometime free lunches, regular business updates.

A lot of "in your on time" complete "Required" safety Q&A which will take hours out of your week.
Pros
as above
Cons
as above
My working time with Worley Parsons was very good
Electrical and Instrument Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Port Hedland West Australia20 May 2018
This contract with Worley Parsons on the 155 Port Headland FMG Port Upgrade as an E&I Superintendent was a great position and job. It allowed me to experience the management of electrical contractors, Iron Ore construction, Ship loaders, Ore stackers and reclaimers and HV distrubition
Challenging work environment
CONSTRUCTION - COMMISSIONING CO-ORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Perth WA22 February 2018
Challenging work environment from a point of view of managing a number of Projects' expectations. Constantly we are expediting engineering deliverables.
Engineering restricted by budget.constraints.
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Karratha WA3 October 2017
Extremely long hours worked, balanced somewhat by reasonable rosters. Other constraints are the procedures and standards that are never updated unless there are some monetary gains.
Pros
Good safety culture.
Cons
Not interested to embrace any new method of working.
Result focussed company.
Construction Coordinator - Flare Stack Remediation (Current Employee) –  Perth WA3 October 2017
Exceptionally long hours at work.
Working alongside various disciplines and required to interact with them. Client is mainly focussed on budget constraints.
Pros
New types of engineering being introduced.
Cons
Difficult place to introduce new ideas.
Lead Mechanical Designer/Acting Design Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Perth Central Business District WA23 August 2017
Busy atmosphere, very productive and professional. Cohesion between disciplines. Each division having the same end goal. Respect for one another. Mutual Support.
Pros
Site Work
Cons
Short Deadlines
Good productive work place
Project supervision (Former Employee) –  Port Hedland WA3 August 2017
Very large Company to work for with a good depth of expertise in all areas of the construction industry.
Management always seamed a little isolated and were a little difficult to engage at times.
Always a variety of ongoing project .
Excellent remuneration for efforts & good bonus system.
Pros
challanging work place
Principal Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, Australia2 June 2017
WorleyParsons is a Front End Design and detailed engineering organisation. Due to my strong background in basic and detailed engineering I enjoyed my job.
Pros
Excellent work culture
Cons
Unable to foresee the market
As a project manager I have access to Engineering resources, then it is up to me to manage and coordinate the team
Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Altona VIC5 May 2017
WP is listed on the ASX and either works on Turnkey projects or places resources at worksites under the Improve project delivery model. The team is generally well experienced.
Productive and good experience working place
Senior Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD29 March 2017
A very good company to work for as most people are professionals and specialised in their field. The company employs a lot of engineers and designers as the bulk of its business, These bring a wealth of knowledge and experiences.
Very Productive and Safety Focus Workplace
Senior Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD8 February 2017
Day to day work is exciting working among highly professional Engineers with ideas and technology in designs and management of projects at minimum cost possible to the client. Working on designs for projects that will be safe and cost effective for clients in the long run. Working as a team putting together all the necessary components to complete the project in the time frame and without loss times injuries, That is one of the hardest part in making sure that the safety culture is always part of the job. Management of all these activities is important as the client always wants to know where all the money is being spent from the beginning of the project to the final handover. So when the project is constructed and completed to the final handover without any loss time injury, that always gives the most satisfaction and makes it worthwhile in enjoying what I do.
Good culture and work/life balance
Executive Assistant to Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Perth WA3 February 2017
A typical day would start out with a 10 minutes discussion with my Managers to discuss their day and where they needed to be with what documents. Then change any meetings that needed changing, make new appointments etc. Go through my emails and then my Manager's emails and answer or forward where appropriate.

Depending on the day of the week input time sheets, organise travel, update reports, format reports, create powerpoint presentations, attend meetings and take minutes then type up and distribute.

Liase with clients where necessary.
Pros
Environment and culture
Cons
Downturn in the industry so now opportunity for advancement
Better than not working
Senior Electrical & Instrument Engineer (Former Employee) –  Perth19 January 2017
Provided exposure to a variety of roles, organisations, industries and work systems.
Hours are variable and unpredictable, with pressure to meet task budgets.
Hard work but with satisfaction.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC3 December 2016
Design for terminal i power station in all aspects of electrical work and automation. Site visit all over Australia and oversees. Work very interesting.
Excellent Place to work
Principal Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  NT, SA and NSW31 July 2016
Learned advance software: Fathom and AutoPipe. This is a good company to work having high level consultants and experts.
Pros
Different Types of Mining Experience
Cons
Inconsistent work flow
Ok place to work
Designer (Former Employee) –  Australia22 May 2016
I met some fabulous people which I enjoyed working with however the company has a hire and fire mentality along with no job security or loyalty whatsoever. I do not believe it to be a healthy environment to prosper in the workplace.
Pros
Flexible start and finish times
Cons
Just a number
In general, I am satisfied with what I have achieved at WorleyParsons
Lead/Senior Safety Engineer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD14 April 2016
I have been working in different offices of WorleyParsons for more than 8 years and in general, I am satisfied with what I have achieved at WorleyParsons.
Pros
Work and Life balance, salary, Projects
Cons
stress level is high.
Good Company, Great People
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 April 2016
I really enjoy be part of this company and I like the work environment specially when I work globally and experience different work cultures. good colleagues and so corporative.
problem solving and find the best way to handle the project is one of my favourites which I do it every day.
I have learnt many thing here and most of the skills that I have now was under job training which is valuable for me.
I try to finish my job on time and on budget, but when someone do the wrong estimate for my job, it is too hard to do it on time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WorleyParsons. Our community is ready to answer.