Xero Employee Review

Newer US Xero Employee
Customer Experience Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, Co.20 December 2013
This is the first international company I've worked for. I must say, it's an absolute pleasure. Xero has their goals together, ethics agree across the company, and the people are unheard of. They have done a phenomenal job of hand selecting their employee family. Couldn't be happier - except maybe to be working for this company from NZ instead of the US!
Pros
Growing company, great people, room to move up, pay, Pto, great location/office, organized, open communication.
Cons
Nothing comes to mind at the moment.

Other Xero Employee Reviews

Millenial management training ground
Customer Experience Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO27 March 2019
A place that does not walk the talk...but it's a pleasant enough environment, for about a month...
For all the hype about a progressive management culture where you can "do your best work", don't plan on making any quick internal moves if you go in on the C/X team as you're expected to serve for at LEAST 12 months handling cases that come in via Salesforce.

Management has ambitious goals to take share from Quickbooks, but the reporting and management analysis capabilities provided by the software are not strong enough to make those ambitious goals possible with their CPA (small & mid-tier & even some LARGE) firm target market.

They're pushing a product that's not quite ready for prime-time but the youngsters that are leading the US charge have their hearts in the right place, even if they're chasing an established competitor that has decades of market experience and a head-start that's going to be challenging to overcome, especially with a system that gets data INTO the system elegantly, but doesn't output the data elegantly enough to be a serious contender for professionals that need to demonstrate value-added capabilities to their clients, if they want to use this platform.
Pros
Free breakfast & lunch once a week, ping pong table
Cons
Inexperienced management, product could not deliver on lofty goals
Official response from Xero
5 June 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience working with Xero. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where employees are encouraged to take ownership of their work and grow within the company if that is their goal. We certainly see a great deal of our CX team members grow into other positions throughout the company. We are upfront in the recruitment process both in the work that CX does in supporting and delighting our customers, and that we ask for a 12 month commitment due to the level of training involved in this role. The customer and product knowledge gained in CX work is often instrumental to people's growth throughout the company. We will continue to evaluate the 12 month commitment and ensure it is adding value to our employee experience and business goals. As well, Xero's mission continues to remain focused on our commitment to accountants, bookkeepers and small businesses in providing them with the best technology available. We certainly are passionate about that. Thank you again for your review.

-Brigitte, Talent Acquisition Specialist

Great people, culture, and flexibility
US Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA10 September 2018
Great work environment which is relaxed and flexible. Great people to work with. SF office has a great view of the Bay Bridge. Some teams are more collaborative than others. Everyone gets along and coworkers quickly become friends. Fast paces at times and some low-peak times. Fun and great conferences that are put together.
Pros
people, flexibility, culture, happy hours
Cons
gap between US and global teams, RSUs in Australia, US market is often forgotten, HQ in New Zealand

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Xero. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5