XL Catlin Employee Reviews

Intern Experience
NCSU Supply Chain Practicum Student (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC24 July 2019
I worked for XL as part of a class/internship. It was a rewarding experience especially conducting business with employees across the world. I would work with them again.
A place i have gain a lot of experience
Broker Accreditation Team (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur11 July 2019
When i was hired with XL Catlin, i was the only one in my department so my direct boss was based in London.

I loved my job and my boss was amazing and my work was pretty tied up. Although my team was based in London, i did not felt far apart as we communicated regularly via VC or calls.

I have learn so much in terms of preparing reports, analyzing them, preparing minutes for the Broker Governance Meetings. Identifying and reviewing high risk brokers. Preparing credit control reports.

However, the company was shutting down it's operations in KL as it was bought over by XL group and the KL process was migrating to India. I left the company after 3 years.
Pros
Flexi Benefits and payout bonuses
A fully professional and well-managed business
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  London24 June 2019
My week-long work experience at XL Catlin before its takeover from AXA gave me a true reflection of a professional and well-managed business. My experience was alongside the marine sector, and the work I had carried out along with the knowledge I gained from this sector gave me a genuine interest of the business as a whole, which I would highly recommend.
Pros
Excellent working environment
Cons
Working hours can sometimes seem long
Fun Place to work
Office Manager and Treaty Underwriting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL1 April 2019
A typical day of work is very fun, and I learn a lot because when I started in XL Catlin, I was new in the market. The management is changing a lot right now. A little be unstable. The work culture is always focused on the clients. The most enjoyable part of my job is my co-workers.
Cons
unstable market
Very good job culture
Summer Intern Internal Audit (Former Employee) –  London30 January 2019
Summer intern in Internal Audit. Friendly and helpful people to work with. Organised internship scheme. Flexible work arrangements if desired. Challenging tasks.
Good company, poor management, zero transparency
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gurugram, Haryana21 December 2018
Good company, poor management, zero transparency.

One can work to the maximum of 3 years w/o promotion and more with promotions. Beware of office politics as HR officials leak skip level info to managers.
good company
DEPUTY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  delhi, india14 December 2018
it was ok.. daily routine was busy. I was in managerial Role handling team. exposure was OK but need more as compared to other companies.overall i can rate it as 4
Pros
party
Cons
exposure
it was ok
Policies and Submissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CT1 December 2018
OK place to work, nothing amazing or great, just an OK basic cliquey girl environment to work in. Management was lack luster, no real management involvement unless there was a problem.
Profesional and fun place to work- Team work culture
Office Manager and Treaty Underwriting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL13 November 2018
Is a very interesting market, a great office, and the people are very nice. But when you get in is very difficult to grow. This company is too big. You need to has very strong knowledge of Reinsurance.
Cons
The company is too big
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Delhi, Delhi30 October 2018
Company is employee friendly. It takes care of its employees , benefits and help to improve them and achieve their goals.Manager and their staff are too co-operative. you can take help without hesitation and can actually raise your voice if you disagree with something.
Pros
2 Day free trip
Cons
Long working hours
Great work environment with transparency and team building.
Global Reinsurance Ops - Project Coord/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA29 October 2018
Hired on by Catlin but this company was acquired by XL which made many jobs redundant and changed geographic location of job opportunities. Great people; I would like to work with these folks again.
good
Service Desk Agent / IT helpdesk (Current Employee) –  20 Gracechurch Street23 October 2018
Good experience. I have been working there surrounded for a great work team and I found myself learning and improving many different and new fields and skills.
Excelente empresa
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Ciudad de México, D. F.16 September 2018
Exelecente empresa, cultura internacional, utilización de idiomas diariamente, increibles prestaciones, los managers extraordinarios a reserva de alguno que entra sin tener experiencia internacional y con miedo.
Pros
Prestaciones, colegas, actitud
Cons
Nada
too small
Assistant Vice President Inland Marine Manager (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJ30 August 2018
The company is too small to play with the big companies in the Northeast market yet they demanded huge growth when the opportunity was not available due to being a startup with limited product offerings.
Overall
Senior Applications Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CT20 August 2018
Good place to work. Very flexible work hours/location. 24x7 operations makes it sometimes difficult to catch up on issues. High volume of email, less phone contact is not productive
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Colleagues mostly in London
Everyday is a new experience
Sr Claims Adjuster T.H.E. Insurance Company (Current Employee) –  Treasure Island, FL11 July 2018
We perform only WC claims on traveling carnival and the entertainment business. It's face passed and you must think outside the box. Autonomy and collaboration is key. Multi states jurisdictions.
Pros
Autonomy, No micromanagement
Cons
Multi states, Job descriptions and expectations in wring
Overall company pays good but is quite worst with HR policies and Hiring team
Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon, Haryana22 June 2018
XL Catlin is not a good company especially it's HR policies are worst...and hiring team is quite rude. They do not know how to deal with the candidates coming for interview as they always says they will call but never answer back....
Great benefits
Global Service Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ19 June 2018
The company has great benefits and the working culture is good. Very low opportunity for advancement as all of their services are provided in other states.
Good co-workers. Not so good managers
Large Loss Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY18 June 2018
I was there for 12 years and when I first started, it was a smaller, more closely knit company. My experience was valued and I was placed in positions where I had the confidence of senior management. As time went on, the company grew, the workload increase, but the staffing did not and there was little time to do the job properly. Once the merger with Catlin came about, the company grew even further, new management was installed and my experience, work ethic and dedication became an after thought. At the end, it ws not a pleasnant working experience.
Great company to work
Data Governance - Technical Expert (Former Employee) –  Exton, PA29 May 2018
Excellent company to work for. Strong leadership at all levels throughout the company. Individual performance responsibilities, goals and opportunities are clearly communicated. The company's core values serve as a foundation for the organization and provide guidance to enable the achievement of stated goals and responsibilities at all levels.
Pros
Excellent work/life balance
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at XL Catlin. Our community is ready to answer.