XL Catlin Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun Workplace
Finance Associate (Current Employee) –  Gurgaon, Haryana21 January 2016
Good Working Culture.It cares its employees too much.Sometimes you have to stretch long ,its hardest part of Job.Quality of work.
Pros
facilities, leaves, employee engagement, quality of work
Cons
work life balance
Productive and Fun Workplace
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA12 January 2016
XL Catlin is a dynamic and collaborative place to work. Catlin received Great Rating in 2014, which only proves that employees are not only treated well but thrive in this environment.
Grea Company
consultant (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CT2 December 2015
I worked at XL for 10 years and loved every minute of every day. Great people. Exciting times Great life/work balance. Casual environment.
Productive and fun workplace with a very pleasant working culture
Group Client Intelligence Team (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur, M1424 November 2015
Catlin is build around a diversified group of people with an amazing work culture. In where, every Catlin offices around the globe tend to follow this working culture. Therefore, we will all united as one family, although working on different time-zone.

The management is always very supportive and i had travel opportunities over my 3 years there.

However, XL recently bought over Catlin and the management and the culture isn't like how it was and even my boss was changed due to the change in management. Moreover, Catlin in KL is to shut down operations in 2 years due to the take over, as they are migrating all the processes to India for cut-cost purposes. This has stop all growing opportunities and benefits, which then i decided it was time to move on.

The knowledge gain in Catlin is priceless because there were a lot of different task i do on a daily basis. Plus monthly meetings plus projects every other week / month. Always kept me going and raring to go.
Pros
Overseas company trips / travelling opportunities / festival lunch
XL Catlin
Manager, Reinsurance Operations (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJ31 October 2015
Good place to work with enjoyable work environment and great colleagues; there was a lot of variety in my daily work, including a lot of different tasks and projects that are challengig and exciting.
Productive environment with fun going environment
Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  India28 September 2015
Job at XL Catlin is very enthusiastic and fun going. I am always vivacious for my work and a keen lerner for new and advanced information. The strongest part of being a part of XL Catlin is its working environment.
Good Learning
Senior Process Specialist-Operations (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon16 September 2015
It was a very good learning place, and employ development programs were also very nice. There is lot of variety in work and a person can work with higher management easily, Client interaction is also available for every new employ.
Amazing Company with top of the line benefits
AA (Current Employee) –  New York, NY29 July 2015
The benefits begin from day 1. This is a company that cares about its employees with respect to quality of life. Mangers are down to earth, with open door policy and always there to guide. Leadership is 2nd to none.
Pros
Benefits Package starting from day 1, Managers, Great office, Quality of Life
Very good
End user Administrator (Current Employee) –  Gurgaon22 July 2015
•a typical day at work

When we take care US, UK & APAC user

•what you learned

VMware, managemt skill, team building

•your co-workers

Co-workers are very helpfull

•the hardest part of the job

Night shift...

•the most enjoyable part of the job

To resolve the issue
Great Experience
Business Analyst, Actuarial- Pricing (Current Employee) –  Gurgaon, HR2 July 2015
It is been 2 years now that I have been working with XL Catlin with numerous learnings and good professional exposure. I have learnt Catastrophic Modelling with extensive knowledge with regards to RMS & Risk Link. Proactively participated in transition of actuarial pricing process and learnt the rate change calculation model for various business units. Currently acting as a key resource in team and work as a dual resource for Catastrophic Modelling and actuarial rate change calculation. With immense capability to analyse and grasp new things , I have been mentoring multiple colleagues along with managing the daily deliverables. I really enjoy interacting with onshore colleagues and working with counterparts.
Pros
High Cab allowance
Cons
no additional pay for extended working hours
Vice President - Senior Risk Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NY3 June 2015
Creative environment with an excellent work life balance and internal opportunities. Growth across business lines. Globally influential with an excellent array of resources.
Fun job but its a Temp position
Administrative Assistant/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ2 June 2015
Everyone here is very nice and friendly. I wish it was a continuing job, but its just a temporary thing filling in for someone while they are on vacation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at XL Catlin. Our community is ready to answer.