Yarra Trams
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Yarra Trams Employee Reviews

Australia20 reviews
Secure job and excellent pay however always pressure from management and shift work takes you away from family life. Great job for single people with no kids.
Good company to work with. Easy job to do . The manager,supervisor were so nice. Also my coworkers that I worked with were friendly and helpful. I love my job
Pros
Good money
Initiatives are largely limited to the franchise bid arrangements - either as uplift projects or BAU improvements. Internal resource constraints, Relatively immature IT practices seeking to improve but overall strategic direction is lacking and focuses on BAU.
Being a female I joined in 197 and lasted til 2013 after I reported discrimination with at least 10 male drivers it was easy to sack one female then 10 males
Pros
Money is good
Cons
No social life worked long hours broken shifts
Although my stay with Yarra Trams, as a Customer Service officer was short, I must say it was a very enjoyable moment, and would love to go back. The ability to help customers face to face, as well as the culture at work all mixed well without a single issue at all.
Not a good coulture management is sub standard poor workmanship can be bullying in some cases I'd seen not much to gain in the way o f skill work procedere is still on stone age
Pros
Its j ob to pay your b i lls
You work a paid 8 hour 45 min day via a 7 day a week roster that basically runs like this --a early shift-- a split shift -- a middle --and then a late shift that gives you 2 days off per week , but like what happens often is that one of your days off gets canceled in what's known as a DOC ( Day off cancelled ) its paid to you as overtime, they are not compulsory and you can request that you have your day off returned but employees are expected to work a certain amount of O/T within the terms of their individual agreements that they have arranged with their team managers, but to be honest if its money your after then they can help in pushing your yearly earnings up and over the 100k a year mark
all shifts have a meal break that can range from no less than 45 min, too meal breaks running 1 hour 45 min, it depends on the day if it's a weekend or public holiday etc ect. and being shift work your days off differ week to week and it's very possible to have the last 2 days of the week off ( Fri & Sat ) followed the next weeks days off being the first 2 days ( Sun & Mon ) giving you a 4 day weekend but equally you can have that scenario in reverse and with 2 DOC's thrown in, one on the Monday and the other on the Friday and end up doing a 12 day straight., the worst case scenario being that you have a 12 day straight with the minimum hours off between shifts from the Saturday to the Sunday in the middle of your 12 days being just 10 hours off between sign off and sign on...

If you live out in the outermost suburbs you may have to spend a hour or so traveling in either direction,
 - more...
Pros
😘good money and 5 weeks of paid holidays
Cons
alot of overtime and not much running time to run on time regarding your timetable
Can contribute architecture development.
Learnt in depth Maximo modules and ArcGIS, ISO 550001, ISO 15288

Managed design and delivery processes.

Improved delivery culture.

Get funding approval.

Enjoyed collaboration
I work as cleaner in Yarra trams at southbank tram depot, everyday we are having new task like remove the graffiti and mop on the tram floor. sometimes we have to work as a maintenance helper in tram pits as a result we come to know how trams works and how it can be operated.
we have to manage timings as per tram numbers.

culture is too familiar we can enjoy doing work with work partners

hardest part of job is helping in pits as we have to lift and hold thing with heavy weight.

every part of work is enjoyable.
Pros
I come to know about many new things regarding trams and maintenance
Cons
no cons at all
9hrs aday

darts

plenty of advancement

opportunities

overall good company
Pros
working alone
Cons
private life gone
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Yarra Trams?
Brilliant workforce of dedicated individuals with a desire to build on many years of fantastic tram operations.
Unfortunately high turnover in directors has lead to lack of stability in management. Progression is limited by company politics.
Pros
Free myki
Cons
High management turnover
An amazing job meet some wonderful people running times on the tram was the reason for leaving my last position if I was able to secure a customer service position I would have never left
Pros
Great money great holidays
Cons
Stressful running times
Never ever work for this organisation. Poor management and very badly run company with many dodgy workplace practices. never ever work for this company it's a very closed shop at middle management level all protecting each other with serious work place problems.
Pros
None at all
Cons
Shifts totally anti life friendly
Comment – 9 May 2018
Be very wary about working for Yarra Trams particularly Customer Service area very poorly run and terrible management who blame the employees for all there terrible decisions. Rosters are very anti social and favours are done for certain staff. Agree totally with above 2 comments.
Comment – 28 March 2018
Terrible organisation to work for concur fully. Middle management are the worst I've ever seen. Incompetence and nepotism is fire particularly in customer service area.
Comment – 27 March 2018
Couldn't agree more managers in the customer service area are accountable to no one and blatantly cover up things from the people higher up.
Tram driver when not training staff to drive different classes of trams. It was rewarding and satisfying to work with people from many different cultures complete the course.
Great place to work, meeting and mixing with lots of people from all different cultures and everyone getting along. Just like one big happy family.
Great ammenities in lunch rooms...... Table tennis, pool tables somewhere nice to sit while your on a break.

People look out for each other.
Pros
You can Chang shifts with someone else if it doesn't suit you.
Cons
You can work long hours and sometimes you can't get a shift change.
I have worked in yarra trams during the night shifts safe guarding the parked trams from the graffity users for every half an hour.
Pros
Night shifts
Cons
short hours
Supervise staff on road, deploy and allocate equipment and area for staff to work. Attend to staff with issues job related. Melbourne Magistrates court appearances. Writing of incident briefs and statements. Overall Supervision and running of a team of 17 Authorised Officers.
Pros
free public transport
Cons
shift work 7 days a week
Set up teams tasking for the day, allocate equipment to team members and partners for the day.

Go out on the field and Supervise and advise staff how the performing and helping them in difficult situations when required.
Pros
free public transport
Cons
shift work 7 days a week
Asiiistin tourists with valuable travel information.The hardest part was dealing with difficult customers, but owning the problem was the most challenging part. enjoyable was having customer appreciation.
Pros
face to face customer service
Cons
dealing with conflict
Fun workplace, great people and fantastic conditions.
Problem is haven't learnt enough and after nearly 11 years im becoming a bit stale.

Management and co workers are really good people.

Hardest part of the job is that it gets very boring at times and it dosent challenge me at all.

Most enjoyable part of job is the people are great.
Pros
good people, great pay
Cons
not challenging