Yarra Trams
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Yarra Trams Employee Reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Stable job

Secure job and excellent pay however always pressure from management and shift work takes you away from family life. Great job for single people with no kids.

An atmosphere were as an individual I was given the freedom to put all my skills to precisely as needed with minimum supervision.Procedures and programming were set in writing easy to follow and with assigned tasks for everyone involved in any of the jobs be that a special event, reconstruction/upgrade or network daily customer services.Amazing culture to work in and very supportive environment from everyone.Truly one of the best companies I had the pleasure to spend 20 years.

Pros

Absolute Team Work

Good company

Good company to work with. Easy job to do . The manager,supervisor were so nice. Also my coworkers that I worked with were friendly and helpful. I love my job

Pros

Good money

Environment is constrained by the franchise agreement

Initiatives are largely limited to the franchise bid arrangements - either as uplift projects or BAU improvements. Internal resource constraints, Relatively immature IT practices seeking to improve but overall strategic direction is lacking and focuses on BAU.

Don't be a female

Being a female I joined in 197 and lasted til 2013 after I reported discrimination with at least 10 male drivers it was easy to sack one female then 10 males

Pros

Money is good

Cons

No social life worked long hours broken shifts

Fun and enjoyable work place.

Although my stay with Yarra Trams, as a Customer Service officer was short, I must say it was a very enjoyable moment, and would love to go back. The ability to help customers face to face, as well as the culture at work all mixed well without a single issue at all.

Very lazy clicky coulture in the track matanance work skill and direction of how to do jobs right the coulture is to put band aids track repairs

Not a good coulture management is sub standard poor workmanship can be bullying in some cases I'd seen not much to gain in the way o f skill work procedere is still on stone age

Pros

Its j ob to pay your b i lls

A inclusive non discriminatory work place with a easily accessible management team.

You work a paid 8 hour 45 min day via a 7 day a week roster that basically runs like this --a early shift-- a split shift -- a middle --and then a late shift that gives you 2 days off per week , but like what happens often is that one of your days off gets canceled in what's known as a DOC ( Day off cancelled ) its paid to you as overtime, they are not compulsory and you can request that you have your day off returned but employees are expected to work a certain amount of O/T within the terms of their individual agreements that they have arranged with their team managers, but to be honest if its money your after then they can help in pushing your yearly earnings up and over the 100k a year mark all shifts have a meal break that can range from no less than 45 min, too meal breaks running 1 hour 45 min, it depends on the day if it's a weekend or public holiday etc ect. and being shift work your days off differ week to week and it's very possible to have the last 2 days of the week off ( Fri & Sat ) followed the next weeks days off being the first 2 days ( Sun & Mon ) giving you a 4 day weekend but equally you can have that scenario in reverse and with 2 DOC's thrown in, one on the Monday and the other on the Friday and end up doing a 12 day straight., the worst case scenario being that you have a 12 day straight with the minimum hours off between shifts from the Saturday to the Sunday in the middle of your 12 days being just 10 hours off between sign off and sign on... If you live out in the outermost suburbs you may have to spend a hour or so traveling in either direction, -

Pros

😘good money and 5 weeks of paid holidays

Cons

alot of overtime and not much running time to run on time regarding your timetable

Excellent scope to contribute, Use emerging technologies. Innovate

Can contribute architecture development. Learnt in depth Maximo modules and ArcGIS, ISO 550001, ISO 15288 Managed design and delivery processes. Improved delivery culture. Get funding approval. Enjoyed collaboration

productive work at all time , team management, team leader , super vision

I work as cleaner in Yarra trams at southbank tram depot, everyday we are having new task like remove the graffiti and mop on the tram floor. sometimes we have to work as a maintenance helper in tram pits as a result we come to know how trams works and how it can be operated. we have to manage timings as per tram numbers. culture is too familiar we can enjoy doing work with work partners hardest part of job is helping in pits as we have to lift and hold thing with heavy weight. every part of work is enjoyable.

Pros

I come to know about many new things regarding trams and maintenance

Cons

no cons at all

Jobs at Yarra Trams

See more jobs

great work mates

9hrs aday working alone your own boss privare life gone workmates become your family pool tables table tennis darts plenty of advancement opportunities overall good company

Pros

working alone

Cons

private life gone

Great workforce of dedicated individuals

Brilliant workforce of dedicated individuals with a desire to build on many years of fantastic tram operations. Unfortunately high turnover in directors has lead to lack of stability in management. Progression is limited by company politics.

Pros

Free myki

Cons

High management turnover

An amazing job meet some wonderful people running times on the tram was the reason for leaving my last position if I was able to secure a customer service position I would have never left

Pros

Great money great holidays

Cons

Stressful running times

Pathetic organisation

Never ever work for this organisation. Poor management and very badly run company with many dodgy workplace practices. never ever work for this company it's a very closed shop at middle management level all protecting each other with serious work place problems.

Pros

None at all

Cons

Shifts totally anti life friendly

– 9 May 2018
Be very wary about working for Yarra Trams particularly Customer Service area very poorly run and terrible management who blame the employees for all there terrible decisions. Rosters are very anti social and favours are done for certain staff. Agree totally with above 2 comments.

– 28 March 2018
Terrible organisation to work for concur fully. Middle management are the worst I've ever seen. Incompetence and nepotism is fire particularly in customer service area.

– 27 March 2018
Couldn't agree more managers in the customer service area are accountable to no one and blatantly cover up things from the people higher up.

Tram Driver/ Work place trainer

Tram driver when not training staff to drive different classes of trams. It was rewarding and satisfying to work with people from many different cultures complete the course.

Great work place, friendly people.

Great place to work, meeting and mixing with lots of people from all different cultures and everyone getting along. Just like one big happy family. Great ammenities in lunch rooms...... Table tennis, pool tables somewhere nice to sit while your on a break. People look out for each other.

Pros

You can Chang shifts with someone else if it doesn't suit you.

Cons

You can work long hours and sometimes you can't get a shift change.

Scoring points at the security points

I have worked in yarra trams during the night shifts safe guarding the parked trams from the graffity users for every half an hour.

Pros

Night shifts

Cons

short hours

productive work environment.

Supervise staff on road, deploy and allocate equipment and area for staff to work. Attend to staff with issues job related. Melbourne Magistrates court appearances. Writing of incident briefs and statements. Overall Supervision and running of a team of 17 Authorised Officers.

Pros

free public transport

Cons

shift work 7 days a week

checking myki's

Set up teams tasking for the day, allocate equipment to team members and partners for the day. Go out on the field and Supervise and advise staff how the performing and helping them in difficult situations when required.

Pros

free public transport

Cons

shift work 7 days a week

A good company who tried to put employees first

Asiiistin tourists with valuable travel information.The hardest part was dealing with difficult customers, but owning the problem was the most challenging part. enjoyable was having customer appreciation.

Pros

face to face customer service

Cons

dealing with conflict

Fun place to work just not challenging

Fun workplace, great people and fantastic conditions. Problem is haven't learnt enough and after nearly 11 years im becoming a bit stale. Management and co workers are really good people. Hardest part of the job is that it gets very boring at times and it dosent challenge me at all. Most enjoyable part of job is the people are great.

Pros

good people, great pay

Cons

not challenging

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yarra Trams. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Yarra Trams